Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52599 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. There ain't no OSHA in this town...
« Reply #375 on: April 17, 2014, 07:51:06 pm »

Standing behind her hounds, Gartens swings at the leftmost worm, dealing 5 damage. Kemik attacks the same creature, savagely ripping it apart, dealing 23 damage. Greghir pulls back to deliver the final blow, but three layers of blue force spring up around the beast. She smashes through all three, but not before her attack had lost its momentum. She bits deeply into the Flesh Harrower, dealing 15 damage. It seems drained, physically and mentally. It has 3 hp.
It attacks Greghir, but mostly just flops around, bleeding out. It's rightmost fellow does the same, only scoring a single hit with it's tailblades, dealing 4 damage to Kemik.
It is Zako's turn.

Code: [Select]
[Cave]
|b-b|
|---|
|WWW|
|gKb|
|rGB|
|r--|
|---|
|---|
|-T-|
|---|
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:14:14 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 18, 2014, 07:22:59 am »

Cade readies an action. He will fire his crossbow at any worm that breaks away from melee combat with his comrades. He also checks behind him and on the roof for any hiding Harrowers, keeping in mind the manner that they use to hide themselves.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 18, 2014, 01:24:38 pm »

Sift through the stuff on the desk.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 19, 2014, 10:52:05 pm »

Cade readies an action. He will fire his crossbow at any worm that breaks away from melee combat with his comrades. He also checks behind him and on the roof for any hiding Harrowers, keeping in mind the manner that they use to hide themselves.
d20 - 1 + 3 for circumstantial knowledge = 15. You see none.

The middle worm attacks Kemik, missing twice.
It is Lawastooshort's turn.

Sift through the stuff on the desk.
You grab a piece of paper at random from the desk. It's stained with a variety of alchemical substances, now dried and likely safe to touch, since it hasn't harmed the paper. There's also a strange drawing around the wording, revealing to you the fact that Elias was not a good artist.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I am more than willing to explain my art. Because it's confusing and no longer spoilery.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 20, 2014, 02:26:32 pm »

Dual rapier the rightmost worm, if I can advance over the boulder without provoking some kind of attack of opportunity.[b/]

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2014, 03:23:40 pm »

(12) You clamber up onto the boulder, and crouch slightly so you dont hit your head. (15) Your first swing barely scratches the beast's hide, and (10) your second swishes through the air, just short.

It's Rolepgeek's turn.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:50:43 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 20, 2014, 06:56:19 pm »

[Rolled Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike, Mountain Hammer, and Stone Bones]

Gartens yells in rage and condemnation as she strikes out, lunging over her dogs to stab at the one which had hurt her dog, a light flashing along her spear as she does so. A barked command has her haljirgs dashing forward, teeth and claws flashing in the torch-light, as they ripped at the target their mistress had chosen with a stab of her blade.

[Gartens Actions: Standard Action: Crusader's Strike on the one that attacked Kemik; healing to Kemik!]
[Kemik's Actions: Full Round Action: Full attack on the one that hit him!]
[Greghir's Actions: Standard Action: Bite the one that hit her sister!]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 20, 2014, 08:08:03 pm »

The spear cuts deeply into the creature behind the boulder, dealing 8 damage. Kemik gets a slobbery grin on his face, as his mistress's attack heals him for 4 health.
He bites down hard on the beast, dealing 11 damage, and, after a brief struggle, flips it onto it's back. He follows up with his claws, dealing 6 damage with a right hook, but his follow up from the left is mis-judged, and swipes at a rock instead of the Puppeteer.
His sister is too far from her target, so she attempts to deliver a killing blow to the leftmost Flesh Harrower.
(1. Critical failure. Uh oh... if she fails this roll too, then she'll hit a random adjacent creature...) (5 + 8 < Target)(Random selection says it's her original target. 0.o You are lucky, sir.)(To hit: 22 > AC)
She breaks the creature's neck, and steps over it, moving behind the worms, flanking her mistress's target with Edgrick. They try to take a few bites of her flesh, but they are unable to penetrate her armour.

The target of this sudden onslaught begins to float in the air slightly, and from its mouth spurts a white substance, that seems only somewhat real. After about a second, it is completely encased by this shell, which almost looks like an amphora. It dashes for the opening to the cave, but is hit by Kemik for 8 damage and Edgrick for 5 damage. Greghir tries to bite it, but she seems confused, and misses. Gartens takes a swing at it, but it whistles above it's head. From the rear, Thorngage fires his crossbow with stunning accuracy, and hits it right between the eyes for (19, 20 on critical confirmation) 9 damage. (Critical, by the way.)
It hits the dust, solidly dead.

It is Zako's turn.

Edit: Oh, and have a map:
Code: [Select]
Cave]
|b-b|
|--g|
|-W-|
|-KB|
|rG-|
|r--|
|---|
|---|
|-T-|
|---|
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 08:38:11 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 20, 2014, 08:38:27 pm »

"Well, this was fairly boring. I say we go back and tell them what we found, get paid, and call it a day. What's your opinion on it, Gregory?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 20, 2014, 08:40:18 pm »

"I'm interested in checking out the rest of this cave. We only scratched the surface, and there could be all manner of information down there.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 20, 2014, 08:46:09 pm »

((The desk rests at the end of the mine. After digging through DM notes, it appears I forgot something.))
Alaris notices something off with a certain rock knee height next to the desk. It sticks out slightly, and seems to be made of a different mineral than the rest of the stone.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 20, 2014, 10:32:14 pm »

"There could also be a lot more puppeteers. This place definitely needs to be cleared out, but I'm not sure that I have the right spells for the job right now...

Anyway, we should go find our 'help' before he gets himself in trouble."

Hold position and ready an action to fire my crossbow at the worms if they break away from melee combat. Keep looking for any hiding worms!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 20, 2014, 11:26:23 pm »

(15) You see no more hiding opponents.

The last Puppeteer emits a burbling screech, and through it's rough hide erupt beams of the strange white substance. These beams latch into the cave's walls, casting a brilliant white light over everything. The substance begins to burn holes in the creature's flesh.
In your heads, you hear a voice that can only be described as slimy: "FOR THE QUEEN!"
Cade releases a bolt, hitting the floating Flesh Harrower square in the abdomen, for 2 damage. One of the beams weakens in strength.
The walls, ceiling and floor begin to shake, and some small rocks start to fall from the ceiling.
Hix'ix'ix pokes his scaly head around the corner, and shouts: "That thing's going to bring the roof down! We've got to get out of here!"

It is lawastooshort's turn. If you choose to round the corner, there will be no more initiative, and you can act in any order.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 21, 2014, 02:05:54 am »

Oh hey, a button!
Push the button!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 21, 2014, 11:52:01 am »

You push the stone, and it slides back into the wall. A large section of stone swings away from you two, revealing a small, natural cave. It's too small for Gregory's bulk, but Alaris can easily slip in. The walls are covered with a slightly florescent turquoise moss, and some slimy blobs with dark specks in their center.

In the center of the room, a thin, long purple worm sits curled on a rock. It lazily opens a beady eye.
In your heads sound a slimy but arrogant voice. "Seize them."
(Will rolls: 20, 20)(Well then. This deserves something special.)
Both of you feel something in the back of your brain, and instead of brushing it away or ignoring it, you seize it, and follow as it flees out of your head.
On the other side, you are in an alien mind. The occupying consciousness is off-balance, and you smash it into a thousand shards.
You can now see through two new eyes in the back of your head, looking at your hair. Behind these new eyes, there must be knowledge locked away, but you'll have to retrieve it later; the Puppeteer Countess is looking at you strangely. Wait, how did you know that?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 67