Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52547 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Well, we should probably get going then. I'll get Greghir to try and find a smell of the guy. Pretty damn recent, after all, and she's pretty good at telling scents apart, so the corpse shouldn't be an issue. Hasn't had the time to rot, anyway, to boot."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Alaris immediately heads over to the crime scene with or without the other officers and approaches the nearest person on-duty there, briefly flashing a badge that would very obviously appear to be fake if you looked at it for more than two seconds.
Con: d20+10=29
"Maerda Stormcloak. Coalition investigations. I was undercover, investigating the murder from the other night when I heard about this one. What's going on here? Do we have any witnesses this time? Or a murder weapon? Any kind of material evidence at all? Did you even get me the sweetroll I asked for?" She stares impatiently and glances over the officer's shoulder, pointing at one of the officers,"Hey, you! Yeah, you! Stop that! You're contaminating the crime scene!"
She turns back to the officer she was talking to originally, "Look, I've been having a rough day, so if you don't want to be added to my already extensive shit-list, I advise you let me through to do my job."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The officer watching the street stands aside, slightly nervous. "Well, ma'am, it may be that we have a serial killer running amok. The Stomach Robber seems to have hit here too, but considerably less carefully then less time. Most of the local shopkeepers say they saw a young human male run from the crime scene shortly after the screams started. As for the material evidence and murder weapon... well, you can take a look for yourself. And I'm afraid that we didn't know you were coming. I can go and get a sweetroll from Rebecca's booth, if you want."
His partner is the only other officer in the alley, and seemed to be stamping out a fire. Said fire is now sputtering out around the corpse. Around the corpse, ashes and charred scraps of cloth smoke in a puddle of blood, stinking up the air.
"The perp seems to have ignited the crime scene with some sort of explosive device. We're lucky that the neighboring buildings didn't catch fire." She points out some metal shards scattered around. "I believe that this is was the murder weapon." Now, she shifted her attention to a chunk of metal twisted beyond recognition.
The corpse is burnt all over, obscuring any potentially fatal wounds. The chest cavity has been carved? ripped? open and some organs removed, messily.

It's hard to tell much more without a closer look.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alaris turns to the officer watching the street and gives him a handful coppers, "Thank you for the report, now be a good lad and fetch us some pastries, and leave me to my work."
She immediately bends down to inspect the body, strapping on some gloves and poking around in the open cavity. If the scene disgusts her in any way, she doesn't show it, and acts like she's done this kind of thing a thousand times over.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Heal check: d20 + 0 = 2)
It is as you suspected. This person has a big, bloody chest wound.

-snip-
I am assuming that this was aimed at Remuthra/Guy, so the captain is ignoring you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let me look, if you would, please," the crusader says as she bends down to inspect the body, gently nudging Alaris to one side. After getting back up, inspection complete, she tries to help Greghir get a lock on the right scent; that of someone closely connected with the body and not present. Hopefully. There might be multiple.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Heal check: d20 + 0 = 8) Well, some of the intestines and a few organs have been removed, including the stomach. It looks like the organs located in the upper chest are still there. It would probably be best to send the corpse off to the coroner for further analysis.

((The DM is sorry that his update quality and schedule are slipping. He is trying to fix it.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The DM was an idiot and forgot about Greghir's action.))

(Survival Track roll: d20 + 8 = 26) Greghir sniffs around the corpse and points his nose the south, directly towards the mountain.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, as for the body, it's too charred for me to tell anything for certain. I'll have to wait for a coroner." She stands and turns to the other officer on duty, "Do we have any witnesses? Maybe someone who could identify the victim? It might help to narrow down a list of suspects."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I believe I mentioned that all the local shopkeepers saw our suspect."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, then, Alaris, if you could talk to them, I'll see about following Greghir's nose, then." The crusader nodded amiably to her companion before beginning to walk south, Greghir beside her. "You want me to leave Kemik with you for security?"

((And remember, when tracking by scent, she actually has a +16 to Survival checks made to Track))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The officer who ran off to get some sweet rolls comes back with three. While handing them over to you, he shares a new piece of information he's gathered.
"Rebecca, the sweet roll lady, says that she saw the suspect drop something as he escaped the scene. Also, ma'am? Me and my partner need to head back out on patrol."
They leave the three of you (Alaris, Gregory, and Celles) alone in the alley.

((The DM wonders if Remuthra has an action.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First look for whatever the suspect dropped, then question the witnesses. Specifically ask them about the victim, and see if we can identify them.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Laura tells you that the general sequence of events was such:
(Likely, but no eye witnesses confirmed this.) The victim, Rudolph Trench, a well respected apothecarian whose shop opens into the alley, enters the crime scene from his rear door. (No one saw the suspect enter the alley or the shop.)
Nearby shopkeepers hear raised voices, then shouting. Those nearest said the argument was business related, but couldn't be sure.
After about a minute, the victim begins to scream in agony. They end abruptly, after about five seconds.
Ten to fifteen seconds later, the suspect escapes the crime scene, dropping the mysterious object, seemingly on accident, in the next alley over.
He dashes into another alley, and is not seen coming out.

The object that he dropped is an oblong iron box. On the side is written "FUCK YOU COPPER" in big red letters. Criminals are so very eloquent.

What do you do?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. F The Police!
« Reply #209 on: March 03, 2014, 04:38:53 am »

Well I'm certainly not opening it. He obviously wanted the police to open it, and he's also obviously not very fond of police, so whatever is in there has a high likelihood of being hazardous to my health.

"Hey, Gartens, I found this box, do you want to open it for me?"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67