Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction  (Read 47713 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2014, 05:01:08 pm »

Yes.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 05, 2014, 06:02:49 pm »

Remuthra, are we able to drop the racial hit die for some races? Level Adjustment would still be there of course. Otherwise I can't be a Stone Giant for one of my chars. >.>

If I go with a mounted build for him(which is stupidly feat and skill intensive by the way), he would be a Paladin 5/Beastmaster 1/Wild Plains Outrider 2/Cavalier 2. His mount is a (Magebred; fast breed) Rhinoceros. What this means, really, is that with the Natural Bond and Devoted Tracker feats, he counts as a 5th level Paladin(7th level really, but Rhinos give a 'penalty') and a 9th level druid for purposes of special mount/animal companion.

This results in the following(he's also trained the Rhino to be a War Beast):
17 HD, Huge Size, +20 natural armor bonus, Str 46, Dex 14, Con 30, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 2, speed of 50 feet(60 if being ridden by the character), Gore +28 melee (3d6+27; double on charge) or even Gore +28/+23 melee (3d6+27; still double on a charge if he gets pounce somehow), plus all the special abilities and such that a mount/companion gets that I don't want to list off right now.

And then there's the Stone Giant riding him, with a Lance, Spirited Charge, and Cavalier levels. Did I mention the rhino is wearing Mithril/Darkleaf/Leafweave Dwarven Stone Plate? Plus it has Power Attack, Leap Attack, Improved Overrun, and others(I may give it cleave, make most use of that reach/charge damager, and I'm definitely considering Shock Trooper).

I know it seems like I'm boasting about how powerful it is, but I feel proud of finding this combo(others have too, I'm sure, and probably better ones), and I don't go all out power-gaming like this very often.

On more interesting note; When we get a castle, put it on wheels or something. They'll probably have to be adamantine to support it. Put a harness on the Rhino and he can drive it where we want it. Huge quadruped with 46 Strength means a dragging load(which I believe is multiplied by 5 for wheeled carts and such being pulled) of 441,600 pounds. If it is multiplied by 5, the castle could weigh up to 1,104 tons. Make it from relatively light-weight(but strong) materials (mithral rebar comes to mind), and we're set.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 05, 2014, 06:09:41 pm »

Nein.

Is not boasting. Mounted lance charge is just amazingly good.

Can you make Mithril Dwarven Stone Plate?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2014, 06:15:17 pm »

Possibly. If you can't, you can make Leafweave Dwarven Stone Plate, though it sounds even more ridiculous. I would just say it's a special type of stone and leave it at that.

But no racial hit die dropping? Sad. I suppose I can be something else, then. Could still have that mount, of course. Half-Dragon Goliath could be fun. Would Powerful Build mean I could have wings from Half-Dragon?

EDIT: And I meant boasting when referring to the Rhino. He's really rather big, and all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 05, 2014, 06:21:47 pm »

Yea.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 05, 2014, 06:36:05 pm »

Alright. I might do that then. You can still ride stuff multiple size categories larger than you, after all(though I might choose to go with something other than a Rhino, in this case, as I don't need the huge size. I think. Not familiar with Powerful Build). Possibly a Half-Celestial Human/Strongheart Halfling for the extra feat.

Also, for the construction of our castle, look here. It doesn't give weights, but I'm sure there's a lighter stone we could use (as evidenced by pseudo-Mithral Dwarven Stone Plate).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 05, 2014, 06:39:06 pm »

No, you don't.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 05, 2014, 09:34:08 pm »

Does anyone have a preference for craft skills?

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 05, 2014, 11:08:53 pm »

I'd be tempted to say woodworking or stonemasonry, just for the sake of being able to A) Repair the Mobile Base of Operations(Carpentry) B) Help townspeople (?) and get support (Maybe not, but hey, it's possible)(For both) C) Somewhere I read that stone-mason checks can be made to learn about walls/find weak spots (I kind of want to break down walls because can- maybe more relevant after my supahstrong troll actually enters as a char- don't have full items or description/background; don't quite know how I'm going to justify a dragon and a troll).

Although, Trapmaking comes to mind (But the rogue doesn't have the proper skills to set traps.. I might reallocate since we haven't started yet)

I'm reluctant to say armorsmith or weaponsmith, mostly because, as ECL 14's, most of us have weapons far superior to that you could make (Although.. If you got both, we could hire mercs without equipment- cheaper, and with consistent masterworks, wouldn't be any worse)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 05, 2014, 11:35:26 pm »

Your supahstronk troll sheet is private. Just a heads-up.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2014, 11:40:57 pm »

Your supahstronk troll sheet is private. Just a heads-up.

I'm really bad at remembering to public them, sorry. Thanks, and fixed.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2014, 11:57:48 pm »

Holy crap that troll is supahstronk. O_o

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 06, 2014, 12:05:14 am »

I'd be tempted to say woodworking or stonemasonry, just for the sake of being able to A) Repair the Mobile Base of Operations(Carpentry) B) Help townspeople (?) and get support (Maybe not, but hey, it's possible)(For both) C) Somewhere I read that stone-mason checks can be made to learn about walls/find weak spots (I kind of want to break down walls because can- maybe more relevant after my supahstrong troll actually enters as a char- don't have full items or description/background; don't quite know how I'm going to justify a dragon and a troll).

Although, Trapmaking comes to mind (But the rogue doesn't have the proper skills to set traps.. I might reallocate since we haven't started yet)

I'm reluctant to say armorsmith or weaponsmith, mostly because, as ECL 14's, most of us have weapons far superior to that you could make (Although.. If you got both, we could hire mercs without equipment- cheaper, and with consistent masterworks, wouldn't be any worse)
Well, instead of Craft (Stone/Trapmaking) I could take Knowledge (Architecture/Engineering), or both even.
Holy crap that troll is supahstronk. O_o
Ahem.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 06, 2014, 12:18:14 am »

I feel really weak now... Guess I really am a fragile little bugger.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 06, 2014, 12:26:14 am »

I feel really weak now... Guess I really am a fragile little bugger.

Don't feel bad. My character's str is 6.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34