Should I savscum after a bad bug? Read my last post

Yes!
- 2 (66.7%)
No!
- 1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: January 08, 2014, 03:49:07 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dalzattulon(Community Fortress) - The Mad Reign of Gomathuleng  (Read 6148 times)

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dalzattulon(Community Fortress) - The Mad Reign of Gomathuleng
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 07:37:36 am »

Could you dorf me as Sigun? Also, if possible, could you use him mostly for building instead of farming? I'd like him to be patriotic to the point of xenophobic paranoia, and have him constantly building walls to keep the invaders out.
Sure!
Once I get another migrant wave, I will be able to manage that for sure

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 01:36:01 pm »

Diary of Gomathuleng Febbomrek (Legendlost Arrowwhip)
19th Obsidian
     The world hates success. The mountain gnomes are raiding our fortress. They have already got one keg of dwarven wine, and would drink all of it given a chance. Shadowhammer lead the charge to drive away the thieving creatures.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When that failed, I simply shut the fortress down until the gnomes left.

1st Granite
     Spring finally arrived today. The ponds had ben thawed for a long time now, but the weather finally warmed up, and the constant, unbearable snow has turned into constant, unbearable rain.

3rd Granite
     I decided to stop the production of useless trinkets, as any caravans we will meet we must kill in order to stop the constant betrayal and disrespect.

24th Granite
     More migrants arrived, I ordered Shadowhammer to guard the entrance in case these migrants turn out to be in line with the gnomes and outsiders. The world is aligned against us, it seems. Migrants are accepted as free labour and because they are no longer outsiders if they become one of us. Because we are so outnumbered, we will take any additional help we can get.

However, we need to be wary of spies in our ranks. Someone is telling the outside world all about us, and we need to stop them. I must be ready for another attack at all times.

Among the 20 migrants, there is

28th Granite
     A human arrived, buck naked, and on foot. I assumed he must be a spy, so I ordered Shadowhammer to take him in for questioning. He ran away as soon as being spotted.

4th Slate
     I was informed today that some of the new migrants were just idling around in the dining room, wasting good food and beer. I ordered them to begin engraving our fortress or leave. They scurried away, chisels in hand. I think our fortress has a discipline problem. Only the laziest of dwarves need to be told exactly what they need to do by their supreme leader. They knew what they were doing was wrong, because they scurried away quickly, fearing my wrath. Although it might have something to do with the fact that I was covered head to toe in blood from butchering some cats.

11th Slate
     Benenviento came to me with a proposal. He said that if I could release him from his other duties, he could command the construction of the fortifications to keep outsiders that would mean disrespect out of this glorious fortress. I agreed with him. Dwarves with initiative go far in this fortress.

After my conference with Benenviento, I put in an order for fifty more rooms to be dug out for the new dwarves.
21st Slate
     Kirost Roldethlimul, a blacksmith, had been acting suspiciously recently. When I questioned him about it, he only muttered something about needing a forge to work on his precious. Since we had needed a forge built, anyway, I had one built. He ran over to the forge, peed on it, and went to collect some supplies. He took a single bismuth bronze bar, the only metal bar that we had, and some camel bones, and got to work.

3rd Felstite
     He created a statue that he called Bekomumsiz Thusest Adril, or Springsizzled the fury of weavers. I think that it will look good in my bedroom, crazy name or not.

6th Felstite
    Benenviento began work on the fortifications today. He is planning to build cover for our archers to shoot from

15th Felstite
     The elves come today, undoubtedly trying to steal our wealth through 'trade' when they should be giving tribute. Ahh, well, we will have their goods regardless. I ordered Shadowhammer to kill them once they set up their goods.

20th Felstite
     When it was time, Shadowhammer slaughtered them one by one with his pick. The fools didn't even try to fight back. I wish they had. It would have made a better show.

28th Felstite
     I have started laying out my secret plans for the next caravan. I have made sure no thief or spy will be able to find out what they are until it is too late.

1st Malachite
    With the nearing caravan, all other projects have been cancelled in order to get my plan in place. They will pay for their insubordination, they will all pay!

11th Malachite
     More dwarves have decided to make the journey to the gloriousness that is this fortress. We must be weary of spies, this close to finishing the secret project, but all of them seem to be who they say they are.
Amoung them, there is
A metalsmith,
A herbalist,
A farmer,
A fish cleaner,
A fishery worker,
and a bone carver

I spoke to the bone carver in secret today, about my plan to pave the ground with the bones of my foes. He said that it was a very bad idea, something about it being unsanitary, whatever that means.

7th Galena
     Today is a joyous day. Today marks the day of the first birth in this glorious fortress. Raskut and Meme are the parents of this lucky child.

14th Galena
     A human caravan has arrived. The thieving animals arrived before our trap was ready, so I ordered a trade depot built quickly

22nd Galena
     A makeshift depot was thrown together for the humans. My plan is to dig out under the depot, and cause a cave in, hopefully killing them.

23rd Galena
     Today is a tragedy, Meme's daughter was taken by a goblin snatcher while we were distracted by the humans. The outsiders are clearly working together, now.

4th Limestone
     Today, we got our revenge. We dropped them down two stories, then while they were dazed and unconscious, we stripped them naked and took their supplies, then left them out in the wild, to make their way back home without weapons or supplies.

16th Limestone
      In a tragic turn of events, involving incompetence and laziness, we are now out of alcohol. I have ordered barrels built and drinks brewed, but it might not be enough. I might not last until then

28th Limestone
     Finally. The trap is set. anyone who uses the trade depot can be drowned at the flick of a lever.
One lever fills, One lever empties. It's a simple concept, but beautiful. So... beautiful.

3rd Sandstone
    Today, Sigun Idoklor was taken by a fey mood. He claimed a craftdwarfs' shop.

4th Sandstone
     More migrants came to this beautiful fortress.
Amoung them, there is
A ranger,
A pump operator,
A farmer,
A miner, who will make substantially easier for the other miners,
and a cheese maker, who makes cheese.

11th Sandstone
     One of the miners spotted a were panda. I ordered everyone inside and closed the gates. We are going to wait until he transforms into his other, weaker form, and kill him.

13th Sandstone
     The were panda morphed into a kolbold, of all things. He ran away after being shot in the head.

17th Sandstone
     The mountain gnomes dared to attack again today. They stole Shadowhammer's keg of ale, right before his eyes. Filled with rage, he slaughtered each and every one of them with his pick. Afterwords, he admitted to not remembering anything other than the blinding rage.

Apparently unperturbed by the carnage, Singun created a tetrahedite toy boat
I'm not sure how he got the sperm whale leather

16th Timber
     The dwarven caravan arrived today. Showing a severe lack of foresight, they set up in the trapped depot.

26th Timber
     A goblin snatcher arrived today, quite clearly making a deal with the merchants against us. This was the last straw, and I ordered the merchants drowned.
Sadly, some escaped with their lives
I made sure they won't next time

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 03:22:30 pm »

AIN'T NOBODY GONNA TAKE MAH ALE!!! DIE, MOUNTAIN GNOMES!!!

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 12:01:13 am »

Sigun Beneviento's Journal, 11th of Slate
I journeyed as a founder to this new outpost, Dalzattulon, under the name Sigun. it will be the last time I use that name. it's too dangerous now. The fools at the mountainhomes expected to fleece me out of my gold. They "ran out" of money to pay my work crew halfway through the building of the new walls. I couldn't buy stone for the foundations, and a tower fell, with a squad of guards in it. It didn't help that I, only a dabbling mason, was the foreman of a work crew, because of the lack of experienced dwarves. The wars took too many. So I'm wanted now, for the guards' lives, and the stolen mountainhome bureaucrats' gold in my pockets. I can't use the name Sigun, especially when traders are around. I am reminded of a refugee from the human lands whom I saw in the dining hall of the old home. He was in much the same situation as I am now. He was called Beneviento, and I will use his name from now on, both because I like the sound of it, and it's funny to think there are two of us, refugees from their homes, both called the same name.  This fortress cannot fall, for if it does, I will be at their mercy. I spoke with Gomathuleng, our leader, today. He gave me permission to begin construction of fortifications to keep the enemies out. this will serve two no, three purposes. First, I will gain the leader's favor. Second, I will keep out the disrespectful scum who come to this outpost seeking to do evil. Third, it will give me access to building materials and tools, which I can use to build a hiding place for the stolen gold. I am glad to have come to this fortress. I must see now to gathering a work crew to build the fortifications under my command.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Swagile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 01:32:44 am »

Dairy of "Aggie" Zefon Zimzaneg

28th Granite

I am truly starting to wonder at the sanity of these human folk, I truly am! It might just be my old dwarven eyes but I swear by the name of Armok, that man was buck naked, I tell ya! He didn't even have slippers!

I heard it was an ancient tradition in human culture to wear slippers when you are naked... them human folk never cease to amaze!

I talked to the leader and apparently he was a spy! I thought him a fool, however, for how can one be a spy? I was told spy's had weird gadgets and gizmos, but that human man was naked!

H-he couldn't have hidden them... in his anus?

Bless Armok, maybe these crafty humans are our true enemies after all!

Armok rest our souls...

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 07:39:57 am »

Anyone with a nickname isn't available for dorfing. Tell me if you want to know anything more about any dwarves(Stats, Skills, Personality)
I'm always glad to help

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 09:45:51 am »

Diary of Gomathuleng Febommrek
5th Opal
    Once again subject to the tragedies of nature, the ponds have frozen over once again in. Determined not to submit like the ponds, I have began taking walks outside. On one such walk, I made a discovery. One of the biomes that our fortress encompasses is significantly warmer than the others. This is why the river doesn't freeze over. I believe that biome will be the place that I build my glorious tower.

13th Opal
    It has come to my attention that the stockpiles are full. I ordered more storage space dug out. Noticing extra picks taking up space in the now full stockpile, I ordered several people to take up mining as a profession.

24th Opal
    Knowing firsthand the dangers of a sober dwarf, I ordered two new carpenters' shops to be built for barrel construction. Our brewers tell me that they have been hard at work, and have created at least one hundred barrels' worth of booze. With plant production in the green, so to speak, our fortress is now completely self sufficient. However, Self sufficiency doesn't prove the outsiders wrong. Infinite riches will prove the outsiders wrong.

8th Obsidian
    It has come to my attention that Risen has been demanding things for her project. Nobody demands anything from Dalzattulon or it's glorious leader. She will have to do without. Me saying this made some dwarves uneasy, but Shadowhammer can handle her, in any case.

Shadowhammer contacted me today. He asked for permission to command the construction of the barracks, and that he had some ideas for the plan. I agreed with his proposal. Even a glorious leader such as me cannot do everything on his own.

8th Granite
    I had a meeting about the state of the fortress's defences with Benenviento today. When he tried to get up, he merely collapsed on the ground, sobbing and clutching his hand. Upon further inspection, it turned out that he had a broken hand. I ordered for someone who knew something about medical affairs to oversee the construction of a hospital. It turns out that we don't have a single person in our fortress who can tell the difference between a scalpel and the dead dwarf it's embedded in. I ordered Benenviento to rest it off until one such person arrives.

16th Granite
     Today, Shadowhammer took me on a tour of the now-finished military complex. Benenviento came along, apparently trying to learn every nook and cranny of this fortress. I asked him if he was trying to find a special broom closet for him and his ladydwarf. He gave me a blank look and asked me a broom was. The military complex includes the Officer's quarters, the archery range, the barracks, and something called a danger room. Shadowhammer tells me that the danger room is a room filled with spinning spears that the squad training in it has to avoid. It's the only room in this fortress with a door, so it must be hardcore.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:42:39 am by LegendLost »

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 09:46:26 am »

Woops, Double post

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 01:12:40 pm »

Nice military complex. By the way, any dwarf would be able to fix the broken hand. Just enable diagnosing and bone setting (and possibly wound dressing and suturing, depending how he received the broken hand).

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 01:33:08 pm »

Nice military complex. By the way, any dwarf would be able to fix the broken hand. Just enable diagnosing and bone setting (and possibly wound dressing and suturing, depending how he received the broken hand).
I know, I was just to lazy to build a hospital at that point. I'll do it in the next update. Wow, I'm procrastinating about DF. Not using DF, about DF.
Actually, I'm reading the DF from scratch modding thing and I don't want to stop

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 09:02:09 pm »

Diary of Gomathuleng Febbomrek
23rd Granite
     The imperious Risen Fikokod met his rightful fate today. He was stricken by melancholy while making yet more rude demands of us, I must assume that this is the result of him realizing the extent of how wrong he was to demand anything from us. You may ask politely, but never demand, lest risk death, or worse, exile.

1st Slate
     Today, the outpost liaison showed his true face; the one of a coward. I found him hiding in a corner, crying. Upon spotting me, he fell at my feet, begging for forgiveness for his crimes. I told him to come back next year with suitable supplies for us, and we would let him join our fortress. He clutched at me, begging for help. I proceeded to slap him in the face with the flat of my hand. He seemed to regain some of his senses after that, and managed to get up and walk away, back hunched, the image of a broken man.

10th Slate
     I believe that the days of our alcohol shortage are well and truly over. Today, my brewers inform me, we have at least three hundred extra barrels of alcohol.

15th Slate
     Today was the best day of many peoples' lives. It was the best day in the lives of seven people, to be exact. Today, seven refugees from the outside world managed to make it to this fort. I believe that a dwarf never truly lives until he lives at a place so wonderful as this.

Among the souls saved today, there is:
A Ranger,
A Butcher,
A Craftsdwarf,
A Hunter,
A Thresher,
and a Potash Maker.

26th Slate
    I set up a makeshift hospital today, to deal with Benenviento's wound, and any future ones incurred at our fortress. I told a dwarf by the name of Iden Edoserith that he was our new chief medical dwarf, and he should start reading up on such matters.

16th Felstite
     Today, the elves arrived yet again, yet again bringing trade instead of tribute. I sent them to their trapped depot.

18th Felstite
     A goblin squad ambushed us today. Clearly working in line with their elves, they killed meme before he managed to escape. I ordered everyone inside, and shut the gate. Due to a fault in engineering left either by a spy or incompetence, they were able to bypass the gate. Shadowhammer and I moved to stop them in the entrance to the fortress. Several of the rangers, who had crossbows, moved to back us up. When the goblins made a move to enter the base, now reinforced by yet another ambushing squad, our marksdwarves drove them off with relative ease. Unfortuantely, both Shadowhammer and I were caught in the crossfire between the two sides. I was shot in the right hand, while Shadowhammer was shot in the upper thigh.

On a better note, one of our armorers created an impressive looking crown. This should help us to avoid any further injuries or deaths.

18th Hematite
    Near a month later, and our medical staff are still overloaded. My hand has yet to been seen to, so I am writing this with my off hand. Our Chief medical dwarf has diagnosed Shadowhammer, and said that he may never walk again. I told him that there would be serious repercussions for such a thing. With a terrified look in his eye, he said that he would try his best. The outsiders will pay for this. We must improve our skills, also, so we may dodge flying bolts. I will ask for an engraving of a dwarf dodging a crossbow bolt in my office.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 01:07:09 am »

What can you tell me about the Rangers Minkot and Zulban?

Meme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 01:15:19 am »

Yay! I'm first to die! :D

Could I be dwarfed as "Meme II" Shinvucar
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:17:13 am by Meme »

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 01:24:50 am »

Journal of Beneviento, 19th of Felsite.
It's happened again. My defenses have failed, only this time, I have no one to blame but myself. Meme is dead because I did not have a lockdown plan, The Leader is injured, and Shadowhammer may never walk again. How Rakust must feel, having his entire family (that I know of) destroyed by the goblin menace! How did the goblins get past the walls? This shows why I need to work harder, and inspire subordinates (if I had any) to work hard under me. There are three things I must do. First, i must find out why my defenses failed, and continue to improve them. Second, I must apply once more for a work crew, to make constructions of walls and towers go faster (I will ask, among others, for Rakust, as I see in his eyes that what he wants more than anything, is revenge on the goblins). Third, I must apply for a crossbow and bolts to defend myself, and train in their use. If my request for a work crew is granted, I shall make sure they too are armed in the same fashion.
P.S. I'm convinced now it was the elves. The goblins followed them to us, and they must have sabotaged my walls. I will find the damage, repair it, and then make sure the elves currently here, along with any who may come in the future, die as soon as possible.

OOC: If you could, a map of the fortress as it stands would be great to have, for narrative purposes.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 07:54:17 am »

If you could, a map of the fortress as it stands would be great to have, for narrative purposes.

Yay! I'm first to die! :D

Could I be dwarfed as "Meme II" Shinvucar
Done!

What can you tell me about the Rangers Minkot and Zulban?
I think that Zulban may be dead Wait, no, he isn't showing up on the missing/dead list.
Our two rangers, Minkot and Zefon:
Minkot
Spoilered for image spam

Aaand Zefon

I diddn't know what you wanted to know about them
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5