Should I savscum after a bad bug? Read my last post

Yes!
- 2 (66.7%)
No!
- 1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: January 08, 2014, 03:49:07 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Dalzattulon(Community Fortress) - The Mad Reign of Gomathuleng  (Read 6046 times)

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dalzattulon(Community Fortress) - The Mad Reign of Gomathuleng
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:01:52 pm »

Dalzattulon is a joyous wilds fortress.
Our starting supplies are:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our first seven dwarves are:

Solon Alathsanreb:

Zefon Zimzaneg:

Tun Stelidkbuk:

Stukos Nilesmeng:

Imush Ushatrigoth:

Sigun Idoklor:

And last, but not least, me.

Gomathuleng Febbomrek:

Expect a real update soon
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:44:48 pm by LegendLost »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Dalzattulon(Community Fortress)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 04:12:18 pm »

A joyous wilds community fort. Exciting! Could I be dorfed as Shadowhammer, taking the place of Stukos Nilesmeng? If you're accepting dorfings, that is.

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 07:40:08 am »

A joyous wilds community fort. Exciting! Could I be dorfed as Shadowhammer, taking the place of Stukos Nilesmeng? If you're accepting dorfings, that is.
Sure, would you like to be enlisted in our military, when we make one?

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 08:00:54 am »

Diary of Gomathuleng Febbomrek (Legendlost Arrowwhip)
1st Granite

After a long journey, our group of seven finally made it to our new fortress.
With a caravan promised for fall, and more migrants on the way, we were ready to strike the earth. We found the site of our future fortress, nearby to the river’s end.
  I promptly designated a residential area, a dormitory, and a dining room.
The residential area may be changed into the nobles’ quarters, when the useless parasites arrive.

9th Granite
   Work on our new fortress is progressing well.  The miners have been hard at work digging, and I have built myself a carpenters’ workshop to begin building the beds with.

10th Slate
   After hearing some of our more… rotund dwarves complain about the lack of food, I have ordered the miners to mine out an underground farm area around a pond.
This farm should be able to support us for a fairly long time.

19th Slate
               The miners tell me that the excavation of the living and dining spaces is complete. I have ordered some of the beds moved into the living space and the construction of masonry workshops to build tables and chairs

1st Felstite   
            The miners tell me that they have begun to flood the underground farm area. I believe that food production will be up and running before summer ends.

11th Felstite
              In order to avoid any goblins or trolls entering through the now empty pond, I have ordered the pond floored over.

20th Hematite
     We have begun the construction of the farming plots.
Our fortress will be feasting on plump helmets. To the disappointment of some of my party, the farmers assure me that these mushrooms do not have any psychedelic effects. Because of the nearing caravan, I have ordered the dwarves to make some useless stone trinkets.

It appears that our workload will be decreased! We have migrants. They seem to all be ex-military. I do not know if they are deserters, so I will watch them closely until they prove themselves not to be cowards. I believe that I have competition for the mayoral position, as one of the dwarves appears to have honed his social skills, which makes my lack of them even more evident.

Among our new(and suspect) dwarves, we have:
A woodworker
A fisherdwarf
A wax worker
An architect
And a clothier

Several of them report to already have kills, despite only being competent with their weapons. I am sure that they will be members of the first draft, when goblins or animals threaten us.

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 09:02:47 am »

Unclaimed dwarves:

Solon Alathsanreb, Miner:

Zefon Zimzaneg, Miner

Tun Stelidkubuk

Dodok Niralikkot

Iden Edoserith

Kol Ottemerith, Farmer

Imush Ushatrigoth, Planter

Singun Idoklor, Planter

Rakust Dastotkokeb, Architect

Claimed Dwarves:

Gomathuleng Febbomrek, Expedition Leader

ShadowHammer Nilesmeng, Metalsmith

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 11:31:35 am »

Yes please.

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 12:02:48 pm »

Yes please.
You will be the first to enter our "special training regimen", arena battles and the likes

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 03:21:24 pm »

Diary of Gomathuleng Febbomrek (Legendlost Arrowwhip)
11th Malachite
      After the workers informed me that all of our workshops were cluttered, I designated an area for stockpiling our food and useless trinkets.
     On a different note, our farm is completely finished and producing mushrooms at a surplus

6th Galena
     I have ordered the inside smoothed, to give the dwarves practice with stonework. Once all the dwarves can engrave suitably, I will begin work on my suite.

16th Galena
     With the ever-nearing caravan, I have suspended all production of furniture, in favour of yet more useless trinkets.

4th Limestone
     After tripping over a cat in the hallway, I have ordered all unclaimed animals slaughtered. Sadly, the cat in question was already owned, and thus spared from our butcher's knife.

11th Limestone
     In anticipation of a goblin, or elf, attack, I have ordered the dwarves to construct a wall around the entrance to the fort, with a drawbridge prepared to raise.

14th Limestone
     I have decided to stop giving new orders to the dwarves, so they can finish the current projects.

27th Limestone
     Shadowhammer awoke me at noon today, shouting about there being more migrants. I told him to write a report and to let me sleep.

According to Shadowhammer, most of the migrants have military experience, but none more notable than the previous bunch. Among them, there is:
1 Planter,
1 Leatherworker,
1 Woodcutter,
and 1 Carpenter.

23rd Sandstone
     We have finished the wall around the entrance to our fort. Nothing is left but to hook the drawbridge up to a lever

15th Timber
     Today, the caravan arrived. I ordered everyone to stop whatever they were doing and start bringing up useless trinkets to trade with.

I noticed Shadowhammer staring breathlessly at the caravan guards. When asked, he said that it was always his dream to become a soldier, but reality(and his parents), didn't allow it to be. I told him to prove that he could, and I would let him be our military commander. I ordered a gym to be constructed in his room for him to use.

7th Moonstone
     Once we finished bringing up the useless trinkets that people adore so much, I told a nearby pedestrian    to go trade for us. He walked away carrying a single bismuth bronze bar and a keg of swamp whiskey.

10th Moonstone
     I ordered our stonecrafters and engravers to continue their smoothing and useless trinket making once again.

15th Moonstone
     The merchants left today with better than a month's worth of our work. They chased away the thieves that had been plaguing us lately, so that's two sets of evil, thieving parasites gone. And to think my parents called me xenophobic!

22nd Moonstone
     We finally finished hooking up the drawbridge to a lever. We can now lock out anyone coming to steal our wealth, and let in anyone who we can tolerate.

24th Moonstone
      Shadowhammer once again woke me up today, this time from a pleasant dream of becoming the ruler of all dwarfkind, subject to none, feared by all. I just barely managed to restrain myself from throwing my axe at him. After I woke myself up with a mug full of swamp whiskey, he told me that he believed that the gym had been effective at improving his stamina

8th Opal
      In a cruel, unfair twist of fate, it is now winter. The ponds have frozen over, like a metaphor for ... something... bad

12th Opal
     Shadowhammer tells me that the engravers have finished smoothing the fortress. I will have to trust his word, as I have locked myself in my room, to avoid the cruel taunting of nature. Ever since childhood, the nature has hated me. I will make nature pay for it's crimes when I rule over it.

16th Opal
     I finally braved the outside today. The moment I left my room, the fortress liaison demanded (demanded!) to speak with me. I only manage to put up with this because they have something I need. More specifically, Power, iron, and beer. The liaison says he will bring iron and beer. I banished him from my presence until he brings what I need.

22nd Opal
     I have found a way to leave my room. If I stay away from the outside, I can bring myself to bear the cruel taunting of winter.

Shadowhammer spoke to me today. He said that he believes that mining can give him the training he needs to become a warrior. I believe that a strong military is the first step to a good tyrannical rule, so I agreed

28th Opal
     I encountered a problem. With nature plaguing me at every step, I cannot go outside. This is a problem because all of our workshops are outside. Because of this, I ordered Shadowhammer to mine out a area underground to keep the workshops in. While I cannot destroy nature yet, I can outsmart it

Swagile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 03:42:46 pm »

I wish to be dwarfed as Zefon, with the nickname "Aggie" if possible good sir.

I wish to remain a miner until further notice.

Dairy of "Aggie" Zefon Zimzaneg

Digging.

That is what I was born to do.

When I grew up to be a manly dwarf, Armok looked down on me and cursed me with poor memory, forever disabling me from more "intellectual" career paths, as they say back home. In return, I was stronger then most of my dwarf friends and more hardworking. Due to this, I was sent to the mines in the Mountainhomes. There I made a name for myself, digging up the most precious of stones. I grew old and rickety, so much so that I could hear my own bones rattling every time I thrusted my pickaxe into the dirt and rocks itself. I wondered if this was to be my life, being a mere miner for the Mountainhomes out of thousands of other miners similar to myself.

Then a dwarf of high stature, a noble of all, walked up to me and grasped my shoulder.

At the time, I was spooked yet excited, believing this to be the best day of my life.

Little did I know that I was in for an adventure.

He gave me a envelope. Inside was a letter.

Dear "Aggie" Zefon Zimzaneg
It has come to our attention that you are a superb miner of great stature who has both the skills of a miner, and a possible military man of honor. We've heard of your stories of rushing into cave ins with your bare hands and pulling dwarves out to safety and wish to enlist your services for an expedition.

Shall you accept, great rewards and riches shall be yours.

Shall you deny, you shall stay as just another miner, living your peaceful life out till the end.

Granted this chance, I set out to a new world, whatever it may be, accompanied by many others of the same spirit, mind and heart.

Though the expedition leader, Gomathuleng, really gives me the creeps. He told me that this ain't no panzy trip and that we were to be on our toes. I feared for my life as my fellow miner colleague, Solon, explained to me that Gomathuleng once sliced a polar bear apart with just a wooden axe!

Apparently he was attempting to cut a tree and the polar bear sneaked up behind him, spooking Gomathuleng enough that he swung backwards with all his might and just sliced him apart, just like that!

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

Unclaimed dwarves:

Solon Alathsanreb, Miner:

Tun Stelidkubuk

Dodok Niralikkot

Iden Edoserith

Kol Ottemerith, Farmer

Imush Ushatrigoth, Planter

Singun Idoklor, Planter

Rakust Dastotkokeb, Architect

Claimed Dwarves:

Gomathuleng Febbomrek, Expedition Leader

ShadowHammer Nilesmeng, Metalsmith
More Unclaimed Dwarves:
Risen Fikodkod, Carpenter

Daskot Solondoren, broker

Degel Stinthadsokan, Leather Worker

Fath Onuligath
Additional Claimed dwarves:

Aggie Zimzaneg, Miner
Just ask me if you want to know anyone more about anything or if you want to be dorfed
I wish to be dwarfed as Zefon, with the nickname "Aggie" if possible good sir.

I wish to remain a miner until further notice.

Apparently he was attempting to cut a tree and the polar bear sneaked up behind him, spooking Gomathuleng enough that he swung backwards with all his might and just sliced him apart, just like that!

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

Yeah, I should really do something about that Unquestionably Weak tag...
Also, Done.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 04:35:03 pm »

Could you please dorf me as Degel Stinthadsokan, the Leather Worker?

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 04:36:27 pm »

Could you please dorf me as Degel Stinthadsokan, the Leather Worker?
Done!

Meme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 06:02:38 pm »

Could I be dorfed as Dodok Niralikkot?

LegendLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 11:43:39 pm »

Could I be dorfed as Dodok Niralikkot?
Why yes you can, and will.
Done
You are now
'Meme' Niralikkot

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: Dalzattulon(Community Fortress) - The Mad Reign of Gomathuleng
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 12:40:43 am »

Could you dorf me as Sigun? Also, if possible, could you use him mostly for building instead of farming? I'd like him to be patriotic to the point of xenophobic paranoia, and have him constantly building walls to keep the invaders out.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5