Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You are an Inquisitor  (Read 4154 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Inquisitor
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 03:55:44 am »

Didn't notice that there was a fort, I change my vote to fort.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 04:25:50 am »

We should indeed go to the fort and make contact with the authorities. Next thing to do is investigation...
Remind people that you are here to help them, not to burn the village down under pretense of purification.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are an Inquisitor
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 12:15:09 am »

Nodding to the driver you turn away from the village, and start making your way down a rough dirt trail winding its way through the outskirts of the village and towards the river where the ferry would bear you across to the far side. Its a fairly short trip, and as you round a corner the ferryman's house comes into view, the man comes out and hollers out to you,

"The ferry is closed on order's from up at Brakenwall, so you'd bes ...."

The man pauses stunned as he catches a glimpse of your pendant, he gulps before picking back up,

"Oh .... my deepest apologies Madam Inquisitor, if you wish to cross follow me, I'll get the ferry underway and you'll be on the far side in no time, no charge of course like one of your esteemed office deserves."

You grin slightly as the man turns around, and runs back inside panicking, probable thinking he had committed some heresy that might offend you, it was gonna take a lot of getting used to with everyone stepping so lightly around you. You only have to wait a minute or two before the ferryman rushes back out, a ring of keys in his hand and a jacket thrown over his shoulder, he leads the way onto the ferry which is little more then a glorified barge. With a bench across either side, and a little area off to the front where the ferryman takes his place, unlocking a padlock that locked the rope tightly in place before he begins to haul on it, dragging the ferry slowly across the water in time with his pulls. You wait in absolute silence until you get to the far side, you tell the ferryman to come back for you the following day around midday before setting out once more on a road that doesn't quite deserve such a title.

Minutes roll by as you walk, and slow does the landscape turning slowly from empty fields and hills to sparse brush to a full forest, the road you are on cuts its way through the forest avoiding hills, and the thicker parts of the woodlands. However as you follow the path a sense of unease settles upon you, where only moments before the air had felt normal it felt suddenly .... wrong, as if some vile force had tainted it for whatever purpose. Then suddenly you felt it, something or somethings were watching you, following you from a distance but drawing closer with every passing moment, you try to act normal as you continue but you know you have to do something or this could end badly ...

Spoiler: Alatariel "Al" Victus (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 01:04:24 am »

PTW.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 02:44:22 am »

Call out to it and scream "I HAVE A FUCKING UNICORN OBSESSION LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! I'M FUCKING DIFFERENT!" It might confuse it enough for us to abscond.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 07:54:17 am »

Call out to it and scream "I HAVE A FUCKING UNICORN OBSESSION LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! I'M FUCKING DIFFERENT!" It might confuse it enough for us to abscond.
What? No!

Just be on your guard.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 08:32:12 am »

Take out your shortsword. It's probably a night creature, it's not like it wouldn't know that you can sense it, so no point in pretending to be unaware.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014, 11:48:25 am »

Take out your shortsword. It's probably a night creature, it's not like it wouldn't know that you can sense it, so no point in pretending to be unaware.
+2. Also, do we know of any sort of chants/prayers/etc that can harm fiends of the night?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2014, 10:04:35 pm »

Sword? Fuck the glorified sword and pull out your Blessed{blessed=extra dmg to knight creatures im sure} flintlock. besides were an "adequate" marksman versus a "novice" swords user.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »

Sword? Fuck the glorified sword and pull out your Blessed{blessed=extra dmg to knight creatures im sure} flintlock. besides were an "adequate" marksman versus a "novice" swords user.
Its not blessed, since the others decided to take the Writ you started with a regular flintlock pistol.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »

Its not blessed, since the others decided to take the Writ you started with a regular flintlock pistol.

Ops sorry...still going by stats we should go for our gun.

If possible can we dual weild like traditional fiction or are we going more real?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014, 10:30:45 pm »

Ops sorry...still going by stats we should go for our gun.

If possible can we dual weild like traditional fiction or are we going more real?

Dual wielding is of course allowed, it'd be possible just not as easy as wielding either alone.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014, 10:54:44 pm »

We have the writ but what did we excel in? Also what is our mission?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 01:14:24 pm »

+2. Also, do we know of any sort of chants/prayers/etc that can harm fiends of the night?
+3

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 03:11:28 pm »

+3
+4
Pages: 1 [2] 3