Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Apocalypse Mercenaries  (Read 7669 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Mercenaries
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2013, 10:18:08 pm »

....Should I keep waiting for Fniff's response?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2013, 10:20:05 pm »

PM him first. That way he knows that we're missing his action (and thus can skip him later without feeling guilty).

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 10:34:00 pm »

If in doubt just keep her doing what she was doing last turn, but yes do pm Fniff.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 07:23:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lilith's legs try to grasp onto the furry neck of the tibbar, as it wriggles around like a sneak with a seizure, all while punching it in the face. It slows down, and she manages to get a firm grasp. The tibbar gives a hop, doing half a black flip, and attempting to brush Lilith off by ramming into the ground.

While Lilith is wrestling the beast, Camille is riding another. She manages to stay on as it hopes around, foam starting to spray out of its fanged moth. She pulls out her knife and stabs the beast, causing it to screech and increase the ferocity of the hopping. It manages to change the direction slightly, as well. It ends up rushing toward another tibbar and its rider, holding a spear. It jumps over them at the last second, but Camille bends over the side and takes the rider's head with them.

Boomer enters cover and looks through the scope that is presumably on his DMR. He puts the sights directly over a rider trying to get into a nearby truck and squeezes the trigger. There is a small explosion over the rider's heart and he falls to the ground, ramming his head into the snow.

Hanne catches a sudden case of narcolepsy, somehow, and passes out for the round.

There is another explosion. Even through the fighting, you can hear someone scream out "They have the key! They have the---"

What do you do now?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2013, 07:52:10 pm »

"Giddy up, uh, rabbit!" Camille hollers.

Camille tries to direct the tibbar to the location of the scream, attacking any enemies along the way.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2013, 10:14:59 pm »

"Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to - Eh, oh god, I hate that song."

Boomer takes a swig of whiskey before moving on to the next target, to try and get that taste out of his mouth.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2013, 11:01:29 am »

"That is it im going to wear you as a hat"
As she keeps strangling the beast Lilith trys to stab it with the carving knife.
(Are tibbar just that hard core or did in get a bad roll?)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2013, 02:19:22 pm »

(Are tibbar just that hard core or did in get a bad roll?)

Both.

-------

The tibbar continues to wriggle under Lilith's grasp as it plunges toward the ground. It lands with a *Thump*, spraying snow on all sides....directly on Lilith's carving knife. She is pushed under a few inches of snow, with the knife its full length in the tibbar, but is otherwise unharmed, if trapped under the motionless beast.

Boomer drinks, no doubt improving his aim for the next shot. He puts his scope over another rider, this time twice as far away and battling some NPC mercenaries with its hammer. It is dark, Boomer is more then a little drunk, it the snow makes it even harder to hit. Yet somehow, the bullet places itself squarely in the target's head, removing it in a cloud of red mist. The tibbar continues its fight.

Camille continues to ride the tibbar, as it continues to become even more angry. She again manages to steer it in the right direction, only for another tibbar and rider to start charging directly toward you, spear pointed toward you like a lance. Your tibbar begins jumping over the tibber once again....

And lands a few inches in front of it, crashing violently. Both riders are thrown from the rides, Camille landing safely on soft snow in a sitting position, the rider landing on his head and snapping his neck. The tibbars are in bad shape, neither is moving, and no doubt this will raise your insurance rates.

It is at this moment that the riders begin to retreat, as a third and finally explosion sounds. The tibbars, even those without riders, rush back onto the darkness, ignoring anyone trying to attack them. They practically vanish with in seconds, leaving as quickly as they came.

What do you do now?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2013, 02:37:56 pm »

"Well, I doubt any of us are gonna miss 'em"

Take inventory of the dead. If any of them have cash, ID, or whiskey, take it.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2013, 02:40:05 pm »

"I don't think we're going to get paid for this..."
Search the bodies of the fallen tibbar riders and mercenaries. Take any shotgun shells and anything that could be sold.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2013, 02:43:38 pm »

"Heh. Bob says otherwise" *kick*
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2013, 03:16:23 pm »

"Aw, I was just having fun," Camille pouts.

She goes and joins the others in searching the bodies for loot.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2013, 03:30:10 pm »

Turn the dead  tibbar in to a hat with big floppy ears.
Then loot and head to the  meeting place.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2013, 03:45:50 pm »

"You can have fun on your own time, tuts."

(( So, what are our roles in our 5-Man Band (Look it up on Tvtropes, if you dare) of not-really-heroes? I'm betting I'm the Lancer. ))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2013, 04:08:10 pm »

(( So, what are our roles in our 5-Man Band (Look it up on Tvtropes, if you dare) of not-really-heroes? I'm betting I'm the Lancer. ))

Nope. You're the chick.

---------

Boomer and Camille begin poking around dead bodies. Someone attempts to take Hane's stuff while she is still asleep, but that causes her to wake up and begin looting for herself.
Boomer finds some wooden tribal coins that may be useful in nearby towns, though not much further then two or three cities (10 Local Loot), a few poor quality weapons that you might be able to scrap (5 World Loot), and a surprising amount of whiskey (3 bottles). It doesn't appear that the tribe is advanced enough for paper money or IDs.
Camille manages to find some important-looking coins with ornate designs (20 LL) and some decent military equipment that could be sold as-is (10 WL), having devoted full attention to looting.
Hanne, having been passed out the last two rounds and waking up halfway through this one, has to make due with leftovers. She finds a few splintery coins (5LL) and a few beat up weapons that could hardly be worth anything to anyone, even as scrap (2 WL). She does find some shells, however (5 buckshot).
Lilith carves up the mutated rabbit into a fancy, furry hat. The ears are so long they flow down both sides of the wearer's head like a cloak, scratching across the ground. To bad it isn't tanned or anything, it is probably going to start smelling funny if you don't get it worked on. She also manages to loot, though after all that work on the hat there isn't much left. She finds some wooden coins that fell during the fighting and a cheap looking necklace (7LL), (5WL).

What do you do now?
----------------

...This will be a lot easier once I can remember everyone's name.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10