Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: BATTLE BIKES- Turn 0  (Read 7435 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BATTLE BIKES- Turn 0
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2013, 12:03:08 pm »

"Paladin in the lead. Careful, Lucky."

Shotgun it! Full speed ahead!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2013, 01:46:53 pm »

Sacrifice some acceleration for a +1 to dodging aggressive drivers
I'm confident I'll be able to get back up to speed quickly.

Meanwhile, I can't figure out how exactly the short branch intersects with itself. I've got a sort-of working version where the first gentle curve is a left instead of right, and the ramp launches over between that curve and the point where the medium splits off. However, that doesn't leave room for the Medium branch's "Wide right angle right", and of course I'm still confused about what a chicane is.
Is it like a raised median, but in the middle of one lane rather than between the lanes?

Edit: Also just realized that 270 could mean 3 rights or 3 lefts, rather than 1 left. That could be where it goes over itself. Deceptive.

Edit 2: Got the Short and Medium. Still figuring out Long.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 3: Well, These are the best pictures of chicanes that I could find. I can't make heads nor tails of either description of the long track as a result.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:22:56 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2013, 02:31:07 pm »

That's correct for all intents and purposes. The chicane should be a straight line, but actually functions as a turn. It's basically a really deep squiggle that dosen't straighten at the end. Imagine a really wide street, now place four walls up to the center of the street, and make everything round.

It's a really really bad repeating S curve that I'm sure isn't physically possible, but you know, ~fuuuuuture~
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2013, 02:54:34 pm »

One can tell that this track will not be part of this season (It may even be right out banned by some companies):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No, this was not an excuse to write "pink" on the side of a race track. Dizzying heights and death defying inversions were the goal. If you're having trouble visualizing the inversions, go play some Roller Coaster Tycoon.
I've drawn Short in Green, Medium in Blue, Alternate Medium in purple, and Long in Red. Speed pads in orange, weapons pads in skull and crossbones.
The Cyan Menace

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2013, 04:32:05 pm »

If you're having trouble visualizing the inversions, go play some Roller Coaster Tycoon.

You're some sort of wireless Inception agent aren't you? Aside from pad visualization ((speed pads are blue arrows, weapon pads are orange 4-pointed stars)), you're not only predicting the levels of insanity I'm willing to pull but also referencing media that I know and worship revere as a work of godly caliber really f--king enjoy.

Remember this game's original source material is based on futuristic hovercraft and all those crazy antics. A subway level with a slow-ass inversion that I crash into the wall on every time because that one wall isn't parallel with the other is just one element.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2013, 05:02:21 pm »

Please, my ego can't take any more swelling.  :P No, we're both players of Dwarf Fortress who spend more time in the RtD section than the rest of the forum, we both spend more time coming up with IDEAS for games than playing or running them, we both have a fondness for giant robots, and we both use punctuation BBcode EMPHASIS to convey our voices (and hand gestures...  8)) when typing. Therefor we operate on similar, if not the SAME, brain wavelengths; This means we will have been exposed to much of the same media; This in turn allows me to predict your thoughts, and you to predict mine.

However, you without a doubt have more experience.

Also, I feel like I'm visualizing Mario Kart Wii tracks, bikes only, when visualizing these ones. Hence the orange arrows. I... haven't actually played the source game for this one. I take it at least one, possibly all three, of the tracks you mapped out are actually from that game - maybe modified a little.
The Cyan Menace

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2013, 05:11:44 pm »

Please, my ego can't take any more swelling.  :P No, we're both players of Dwarf Fortress who spend more time in the RtD section than the rest of the forum, we both spend more time coming up with IDEAS for games than playing or running them, we both have a fondness for giant robots, and we both use punctuation BBcode EMPHASIS to convey our voices (and hand gestures...  8)) when typing. Therefor we operate on similar, if not the SAME, brain wavelengths; This means we will have been exposed to much of the same media; This in turn allows me to predict your thoughts, and you to predict mine.

However, you without a doubt have more experience.

Also, I feel like I'm visualizing Mario Kart Wii tracks, bikes only, when visualizing these ones. Hence the orange arrows. I... haven't actually played the source game for this one. I take it at least one, possibly all three, of the tracks you mapped out are actually from that game - maybe modified a little.

Actually, I've toned it down as much as i can. One of them is based on an incredibly simplified map of one, that shows no undulation, height, or anything, but the short/medium/long track variance is definitely an influence.

Most of the (intentionally unrevealed) weapons come from the games, as well, so there's that.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2013, 05:14:05 pm »

Is there a gun that shoots d4s?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2013, 05:16:00 pm »

Closest to a d4 gun is probably the cannon. It's hilariously underpowered... most of the time.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2013, 05:47:19 pm »

PICK UP SPEED.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2013, 05:48:27 pm »

Drive normally.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2013, 11:40:02 pm »

((I love how flabort and Tsuchi are basically on the same wavelength that they resonate. x3))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2013, 12:31:50 am »

((I love how flabort and Tsuchi are basically on the same wavelength that they resonate. x3))
Soul Eater reference? Whadaya know, I'm re watching that on netflix right now!

Edit: Hmmm... Who would be the weapon, I wonder, and which of us the meister?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:58:43 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2013, 03:42:38 pm »

Turn up probably tomorrow, spent the day playing Wipeout 3. If only the stats were equal... I would be able to reduce number of stats and potentially take this fully in the direction i want, but this is also a very good way to pretest things, so no changes for a while.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]