Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: BATTLE BIKES- Turn 0  (Read 7443 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BATTLE BIKES- Turn 0
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2013, 12:06:32 am »

...((Are the mechanics like the Mario Kart RTD where we don't have to say SPEED UP! every turn? :P))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 10:03:15 am »

Ah, excellent. I think I'm going to see if I can get a hold of a high-speed, high-firepower bike to accommodate my usual "Hit it and run before it can do anything" strategy.
You are totally working for the wrong people. You'll get one of those two, and maybe something close to what you want out of who you're with, but "hit and run" is the specialty of one of the other companies. One of their craft has a description that's kind of a hint as to who you should look at for employment opportunities.

Turn and a block of info text incoming.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 10:21:34 am »

No need to speed up, as you'll be doing that automatically unless you intentionally slow down for more control.
Top Speed is the absolute highest value you can gain per track section, and every successful turn, half of your Acceleration adds to your top speed. You may slow down, removing whole points from your acceleration bonus for that turn for an equal amount of whole points added to your roll, but this must be done blindly. No doing so AFTER the roll.

Acceleration gives half it's value to top speed every turn if you are successful on the track. If you aren't, this is basically 0 for that turn and any slowing down is based on how badly you fail. More on that after the stats breakdown.

Control adds half it's value to control rolls. If your value is odd, .5 only matters when you are .5 below the target: you won't lose speed, but you won't gain speed either.

Agility is what is used to get onto skillcuts- when one is coming up, you should tell me if you're shooting for it or not, as skillcuts may be more difficult and a failed Agility roll is worse than a failed Control one. Failing an agility roll damages armor and current speed by how badly you failed.

Armor is basically your HP, except you can keep going when it's 0. If you get hit at all and have no armor left, you crash and are eliminated (You're still alive, though.) If you have 1 armor and are hit by an attack worth 8 damage, you'll still keep going with 0 armor. Armor is also useful in that it subtracts half it's value from weapons damage, making some weapons useless against a tough outer shell. Armor does not protect against roll failures in the same way.

Firepower is the maximum tier of weapons you're capable of handling. Things like the Repair Drone (recover 1 point armor) are available as long as you are capable of using any weapon, but not everyone can use, for instance, Stealth. (Stealth requires 7 or above.)

Ramming is an attack without dealing damage and may only be done to adjacent opponents. Ramming takes your current speed difference and adds it to a roll vs their roll- if you are going 4 and they are going 5, you get a -1, if you are going 8 and they aren't moving at all, you get a +8. Half of the result transfers to direct damage that is affected by armor's damage reduction.

Failing a control roll isn't always that bad.
off by:
1: You lose 1 current speed.
2: You lose 2 current speed.
3: You lose 3 current speed and 1 armor.
4+: You lose 4 current speed and 2 armor... etc.

Oh, and next time, we'll start at 1 speed. It dosen't affect that much, except how quickly you'll hit top speed, but it makes more sense than going around a turn at 0 speed.

DAF(1+2,5) 3.5
DarkArtemisFowl has trouble keeping the SV Squall in check, gaining no net speed around the first turn!
EP (3+2) 5
Elephant Parade has no trouble going around the bend, picking up speed!
Rem (5+2.5) 7.5
Remthura easily sticks to the inside of the turn, accelerating! He moves in to ram the Shuriken!
flabort (6+2.5) 8.5
flabort effortlessly manages the turn, gunning the Shooting Star's engines! Being the first off the line, he's already going at a blistering pace!
Tiruin (2+4) 6
Tiruin follows suit and easily manages the bend, getting a little ahead of the pack!
Sbc (6+4.5) 10.5
Superblackcat easily maintains a perfect racing line across the first turn!
DP109 (2+3) 5
Darkpaladin109 makes the turn!
MH (3+2) 5
Monkeyhead follows Darkpaladin109, but can't quite match his speed!

Remthura attempts to ram Tiruin! Tiruin is moving slightly faster... (3 -.5 vs 1)
Remthrua manages to clip Tiruin's fender! It looks like he left a dent, but very little actual damage was done (.25 damage!).
---
There's a Right Angle turn to the Right up ahead. It looks about twice as hard as the previous turn.
---
Placement
flabort
Darkpaladin109
MonkeyHead
Tiruin/Superblackcat
Remthura/Elephant Parade
DarkArtemisFowl
---
Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Remthura (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Superblackcat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Darkpaladin109 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MonkeyHead (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Track (click to show/hide)
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 10:55:33 am »

Sacrifice one speed point to make the turn safely.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:50:15 am by Remuthra »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 11:07:35 am »

Sacrifice both speed points to make the turn safely.
((You're using your bonus- if you want to maintain speed, you'll get a +1, or you can slow down by 1 to get +2.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2013, 11:12:03 am »

Sacrifice both speed points to make the turn safely.
((You're using your bonus- if you want to maintain speed, you'll get a +1, or you can slow down by 1 to get +2.))
The latter.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2013, 11:13:13 am »

Continue normally. No slowing down on the turn.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2013, 01:19:40 pm »

slow down to take turn in safety.
This is a blank sig.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2013, 01:40:33 pm »

Maintain speed on this turn, don't try to go too fast.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2013, 01:48:58 pm »

Advance without slowing!

[What are the available actions we can take ??? I'm fully confident on taking the 90 degree turn with increasing speed but unsure what to word..is there any list of available actions?]

"Well, that'll leave a mark." Remuthra was in her sights for the first receiver of her 'gift', though she doubted this bike could handle anything bigger than a small tactical box or so.

"Lucky cat, take the lead. We've our own up there and I wouldn't want anyone nearby him."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2013, 01:59:03 pm »

((Mostly, you can manage speed, attempt to ram the player in front of, behind, or next to you in placement, attempt an agility roll when a skillcut appears, or use weapons. Most actions are track dependant.))

I don't know when, if the next update will come out- things are getting crazy here again after a week of peace.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2013, 02:00:51 pm »

Slow down for a +2 bonus.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2013, 02:11:03 pm »

Charge straight ahead

(Do we get speed points for those perfect lines?)

Attempt to ram Monkey Head
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:16:34 pm by Superblackcat »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2013, 07:13:01 pm »

Do not slow down.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww