Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Probably just had the worst (Most epic?) death ever.  (Read 1888 times)

ChildofSolitude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Probably just had the worst (Most epic?) death ever.
« on: December 26, 2013, 01:10:06 pm »

I had a human named Kuppo Erocgi which I had become very attuned to, and I had become a nigh legendary axeman. I had a bronze halberd I had stolen from a body of an old captain, and I had even contracted Vampirism that I had expertly hidden from all, even though I usually had allies with me (My way of doing things was attacking a camp, sending them in first, and then after they bled to death, choking out the mortally wounded people they had fought and drinking their blood, and nobody lived to tell my secret.) She was by far my favorite champion.

Anyways, I was finally given a quest that would really test my mettle, according to the lord. I was to slay the powerful Atho Guildtrusts, a captain of a dangerous band of bandits. I got as many champions as I could, focusing on hammerers and pikemen so I could sit back and throw sharpened rocks to assist my men.

The battle itself went on for quite some time; The crossbowmen took out two of my people immediatly, and one nearly hit me, forcing me to enter the fray. A few halberd stabs to the eyes, and both crossbowmen were out. Suddenly, the captain himself fired a shot. This one went into my arm, but did not hold. I imagine the pain was incredible.

My final hammerer attacking the rest of the army, I charged towards this 'Atho', My ax ready to taste his blood. One of his men ran in front of him, and I cut him right in half. My bloodlust grew stronger, and I charged for another. By then, my hammerer has lost his arm and was bravely fighting with his sheild, but was about to fall, I could tell, so I went to make sure that those that had taken him would pay for their kill. I took two more shots, but neither were of great matter, for I killed the rest of the camp (Except for one, which I think ran, but I don't know, as my hammerer may have survived, too.)

At this time, I ran for the captain himself; Atho. He fired another bolt, this one hitting me in the arm and lodging in. I realized that I would be unable to stop him from this range, another shot would likely kill me. So, standing my ground, I threw my last two rocks.

Here's the funny part: I had dropped my ax a few battles earlier, and it was no longer bound to my A key; My boar meat was. I don't know how to change how items stack in your bag, and if there is a way, it would have been nice to know when I foolishly threw my halberd right at Atho.

Incredibly, the ax knocked him over. I almost thought I had struck him to the ground, and I stepped up to him, hoping that the auto-attack would end him. I was not going to be able to drink his blood.

Well...

He apparently wasn't, and all I did next turn was smack him with a pouch of meat, and he fired a bolt at my head, killing the (pretty much untouched otherwise) hero instantly. I even pressed the button to move about twenty more times until I realized I had died, and just about exploded.

The thing is, I actually think that I destroyed one of his legs with the shot, so I'm beggining to wonder if, perhaps, he bled to death after making that shot. If so, then that was a movie worthy battle; His final shot killed me, ending my dark secret, but doomed him to a slow death. If he somehow managed to heal from his incredible wounds, then... I just screwed up, big time.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Probably just had the worst (Most epic?) death ever.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:45:02 am »

Sorry to hear he made you meat your end.

I hope your next adventurer does not ham up your future fights.

May Kuppo Erocgi's memory forever be a guiding bacon on your way to roast new bandit camps.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:58:06 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 04:19:22 am »

I have a beef with surprisingly changing inventory letters too. Especially for a thrower the system is a bit ham-fisted.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 12:49:29 pm »

Bologna

Shadowscynthe

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:VULPINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 01:45:51 pm »

Maybe this poorly drawn pic will cheer you up?

Link, if it doesnt show.   http://imgur.com/iL33Fp1

I WILL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF!!!

ChildofSolitude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 02:14:07 pm »

I guess things wouldn't have been so bad if the throwing system wasn't as beefy. I don't even get how throwing a rock at someone could cook them, but hey, it's definitely given me a lot of meat in other fights.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 04:35:07 pm »

I quite like this story, it's quite meaty. I recommend you go into Legends mode and check to see if that ham-handed throw killed him.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

ChildofSolitude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 10:33:38 pm »

If he did die, it doesn't show, and I can't find a post for Atho in the legends. He sure must have been a Chicken.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 11:27:02 am »

If the opponent was still alive the moment your character died, the saving process conserved them in the living state and healed all bleeding wounds, torn muscles and broken bones. Only nerve tissue damage is unrecoverable by the magic of the saved game, and even a ruptured middle/upper spinal chord, which guarantees death through suffocation, will only kill after the afflicted unit is loaded into an active area again; they can live practically forever in "unloaded unit" stasis.

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 08:48:22 pm »

... Ouch.