Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How Should Round 2 Be Changed Regarding Combat?

Players are much tougher than standard enemy units.
- 7 (53.8%)
Introduce a Fatigue system.
- 1 (7.7%)
Options 1+2
- 5 (38.5%)
No Change
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: -The Last Stand- Final Pre-Round 2 Poll: Combat  (Read 39290 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -The Last Stand- Necdum Spiritum Romanus: Phase 3 [BOSS BATTLE!]
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2014, 07:26:55 pm »

Spaghetti-murder is the Mafia's most popular past-time, along with their other 'Classy' endeavors like having sex with hookers or doing tons of Opium.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2014, 07:28:11 pm »

Good Mafia members are trained to kill people without harming any innocent entrées in the process.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2014, 08:16:12 pm »

Good Mafia members are trained to kill people without harming any innocent entrées in the process.

You guys can school me in science.
You guys can school me in Ancient History.
You guys can school me in math.

But don't you ever think you can get anywhere on my level for Thug-Life knowledge. Get real.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2014, 08:19:59 pm »

You guys can school me in science.
You guys can school me in Ancient History.
You guys can school me in math.

But don't you ever think you can get anywhere on my level for Thug-Life knowledge. Get real.
This doesn't have anything to do with your petty thugs. This is about Dapperness.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2014, 08:42:38 pm »

I had a scenario built around the Imperial Guard fighting the Orks a while ago, but it was lost due to Internet issues and I never rewrote it.
I don't think a game ending on the third turn would be much fun.
Hey, it's not that bad. The Imperial Guard get a lot of dudes. And actually have better guns.
Wait, the flashlights are better at beong weaponry than something?
:P

Anyways, if we're doing sci-fi stuff...how about a version of the XCOM base defense mission? Four elite XCOM soldiers, fighting waves of thin men and sectoids at first, before moving onto floaters and mutons, crysallids and berserkers, cyberdisks and sectopods...
Or if we want to go fantasy, how about vikingar defending their homes against the fringes of Ragnarok?
For a fusion, we could be a little group of security guards defending an Aztechnology facility from an unexpected Ares army, with some shadowrunner mercenaries mixed in?

You mean, I dunno, modern gangsters? Who love purchasing hats and suits and dress shoes and fancy watches all the time?
The upper levels, sure. The street folks? Can't imagine that would be practical.
...Probably applies to the Mafia too, though.

He didn't have an Italian accent, so he knew he had no chance at true class.
Please. Italian accent? English accents show true class.
French ain't bad, either. A bit more classical than class, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2014, 08:11:20 pm »

On the 40K note...((MWAHAHAH THE GREATER GOOD WILL CONQUER ALL AHAHAHAAAAAAA!!))

A Last Stand scenario with Tau, (Dark) Eldar, (Chaos) Space Marines, or Chaos Daemons would be appropriate. If we were Orks, it would be hilarious and awesome. IG, Tyranids, Orks, and Cultists all make good enemies, as they all have horde-like tactics as well as (Really) Big Bads to accompany them.

And don't worry TCM, we/I can get you info about this stuff pretty easily.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2014, 08:15:11 pm »

We could play Space Marines v. Everything. Then we might actually survive for a while.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2014, 08:15:55 pm »

A Dwarf Fortress based last stand scenario could be done, if you wanted to.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2014, 08:16:46 pm »

Nah, we'd probably get done in by the Tantrum-Prone flaw.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2014, 08:20:28 pm »

You mean, against the most H of the HFS?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2014, 08:24:23 pm »

You mean, against the most H of the HFS?
Likely. It could be done with goblins and their demon leader as a boss.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2014, 09:33:34 am »

TCM, you forgot one thing: My Plumbata is nice and cooled down, so guess what I'm going to do with it?

Throw a dart at that stupid-arse boss.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2014, 10:46:04 pm »

Hit him in the neck. With my scissor. Then pick him up and toss him over the side of the building.

Then go find the healer. Block off the entryway to the building so more barbarians can't make their way to our ballista-man. If he's asleep, wake him up first.

Ah, I didn't see this as an action. I should probably put a note in that it makes everything easier if everyone's actions are Bolded.

Turn coming soon.

Oh, wait up, aattss never said if he wanted to respawn normally or switch classes.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:24:42 am by TCM »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -The Last Stand- Necdum Spiritum Romanus: Phase 4 [The Battle Contines]
« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2014, 01:39:33 am »

Necdum Spiritum Romanus: Phase 4 The Battle Continues

Alex Raman charges out into the fields, prepared to take down the War Chief single-handedly. He throws down his Scissors, rubbing his fist into the palm of his Cestus as he walks towards the War Chief. (1+1 vs. 1+10) Alex lunges for the Chief, hands outstretched; the Chief simply grabs the Gladiator by the arms, and diverts his path by throwing him to the side. Alex lands on the ground, skidding across it. (9+1 vs. 1+1) Alex doesn't even have time to register what happens when a giant War Spike pierces him through his upper spinal cord and into the back of his neck. The War Chief yanks his weapon free afterwards, and pounds his fist against his chest as he walks away from his first victim.
Alex Raman has been slain by the War Chief!

Clyde rushes for the Ballistamen up onto a small incline, when he meets the Sentinel. The man's size and cruel-looking weapon doesn't deter the dismounted cavalryman a bit as he pushes forward with his giant Pilum. (8 vs. 9+1) Clyde thrusts his weapon right for the Sentinel, who steps to the side, the Javelin missing his torso by mere inches. (1+1 vs. 3) The Sentinel thrusts at Clyde's legs in an attempt to skewer his ankles, but the Equitatum jumps over the spear, avoiding the hit.

John Doe finds Bigus Dickus bleeding out upon the ground. With his expiration likely within a few minutes, the doctor kneels down and inspects the wounds. (2+2) Even with his John's best efforts, Bigus's wounds are simply too severe for him to stop. In fact, Bigus stops him midway through the procedure. "Stop this nonsense, I can do this..."
John Doe gains 2 Points for easing Bigus Dickus's Suffering.

As the War Chief descends upon the Roman township, Anders von Anderland runs at him from his side, attempting to flank him. The Legionary pulls out a spare Plumbata dart, and chucks it overhand at the Barbarian leader. (1+1+1 vs. 3+1) The War Chief ducks his head, and the dart flies over him, harmlessly embedding itself into the ground. The Chief retaliates, charging upon Anders. (9+1 8-1) The War Chief leaps on Anders and drives his War Spike down into his shoulder, straight through the armor and flesh, down into the bone. Anders falls on his back, bleeding and torn up, dropping his Gladius onto the ground beneath him as his arm stops working. The War Chief leaves Anders to his minions and resumes charging into the town.

The last Slinger checks the ground for rocks, only to find that he's run out of available ammunition. Aurus Romuli, injured, takes the opportunity to limp over for a counter-attack. Fortunately, it's not a long distance, as he'd have no chance running after a Barbarian on a bad ankle. (8+1 vs. 7) Aurus thrusts at the Slinger, who looks up and leaps back just in time to avoid the thrust. Aurus continues the assault, and sweeps the shaft of his Pilum at the legs of the Slinger, who is sent falling over. Before he can get back up, the Pilum is jammed right through his solar plexus. With that, Aurus manages to eradicate the last of the stone throwers.
Aurus Romuli has Slain the Slingers!
He gains 6 Points!

Carl continues to lay upon the roof of a home on the outskirts of town, comatose and bleeding. (Consciousness Roll: 4 = Success) Suddenly, Carl's eyes open, and he slowly begins to get the bearings of where he is and what's going on. What's less awesome than waking up however, is realizing his massive wound which will shortly mean the end of him unless it is attended to.

Barrus Patrione looks over the unconscious body of the Brute (II). He holds his Scissors up, the metal blades shining in the mid-day sunlight. (5+1) He brings the Scissors down, and cuts the Brute right across the neck! Really, he merely just nicks the side of his neck in the fleshy, non-vital area, but he's simply so hyped up that at this point that Barrus cares little about the fact. Much more damaging than his non-lifethreatening slash is him picking up the Barbarian's body and tossing it off the roof, onto the ground. The Brute makes a loud thump as he crashes onto the ground.

Asinus Ultricies gets up from the ground, bloodied and dirtied by the impact. The Brute (I) stands nearby, circling Asinus like a predator does to its prey in the great wild plains. Asinus, refuses to take the role of the hunted however, and draws out his Cavalry Spatha, running at his aggressor. (3-1 vs. 9) As he charges the Barbarian, he's sent back as the latter kicks him in the gut, and sends him back onto the ground. (3 vs. 5) The Brute swings his Spiked Club downwards, but Asinus rolls out of the way. While the Barbarian recovers his club, Asinus gets back to his feet.

Bigus Dickus pushes John Doe aside, assuring the Doctor that he can heal himself better with the spirit of nature than any medicine could do. He closes his eyes, reaching his hands up to the heavens as he absorbs mystical energy...(Self-Healing: 1-2) It works out well all things consider, minus the part when Bigus folds over and dies instantly.
Bigus Dickus has bled out.

Thorsten Bohn heads up the incline to join Clyde, who deals with the Barbarian Sentinel. Thorsten takes the opportunity to attack the Ballistamen, when the Sentinel is able to shove Clyde to the ground, and turn to deal with Bohn, who temporarily stops his attacks to deal with the more immediately dangerous Sentinel. (2 vs. 8+1) Thorsten's Hasta piercing-strike is easily deflected with a shaft-block from the long Jagged Spear of the Sentinel, the blow sending the Triarius off balance. (10+1 vs. 1) While Thorsten fumbles off to the side, the Sentinel counter-attacks with a swinging horizontal strike. The jagged pieces of the spear manage to hit Thorsten through one of the few non-armored parts of his body; his throat. Thorsten drops both his javelin and shield as his hands clutch the cut across his neck, attempting to stop the bleeding. The Sentinel doesn't stop, as he rips Thorsten's helmet off,  and kicks him in the side of the head. Thorsten is sent rolling down the incline, bleeding and semi-conscious. He is a tough man, but no amount of toughness could withstand the trauma he faced.
Thorsten Bohn has been slain by the Sentinel!

Zachariah Sinistra keeps his Scissors and Cetus up, waiting for the Beserker to respond. The Beserker, wounded and angry, gives Zach an intimidating roar to keep him at bay. Zachariah, however, sees this as an opportunity to attack. (9+1 vs. 1) As the Beserker sticks his face out, Zachariah slashes through his face with his Scissors. The Beserker spins around, clutching his face, crying out in pain and surprise. Zachariah Sinistra decides that this is the perfect opportunity to replicate "The Shadow of the Colossus", and jumps upon the Beserker's back, and begins punching him in the back of the head with his Cestus. The Beserker suffers one to many metal jabs to the skull, and falls onto his face with a brain hemorrhage.
The Beserker has been slain by Zachariah Sinistra!
Alex Raman gains 5 points for giving the Beserker a serious wound.
Zachariah Sinistra gains 7 points for adapting to a winning strategy.

The War Chief stands upon a ruined wagon outside of the town, hoisting his War Spike up to the skies. He screams something in a foreign tongue, something harsh and furious. (Inspiration: 1) Unfortunately, the only one to hear it over the sounds of battle is the Sentinel, and he's probably just going to be on the defensive anyways. The Chief curses and steps down from the wagon, figuring out a better way to deliver his next War Cry.

The Sentinel's blood runs fiery with his last kill and the speech of his Chief. He looks at Clyde menacingly, but he does not charge him. He is a Barbarian soldier, no doubt, but his age and wisdom restrains him, as he knows it is more important for the Ballistamen to survive than for him to score another victory. So the Sentinel holds his grounds, waving his spear in a way as if to invite Clyde to attack once again. The dismounted Equitatum takes one look at him and runs back down the hill. Damn, an opportunity wasted.

The Chosen Archer knocks an arrow into his Compound Bow as he sees Clyde descending down an incline away from the Ballista battery. The archer takes aim at him, aiming to plant an arrow right between his shoulder-blades. (2 vs. 7) The arrow lands a few feet short of his target. The Barbarian archer prepares another arrow, when he suddenly realizes that Clyde has run up to him in hopes of a counter-attack. (9 vs. 1) The archer grabs an arrow to use as an improvised self-defense weapon, when a large sword suddenly separates his wrist from his hand, the fist still clutching an arrow shaft as it fall to the ground. Clyde proceeds to disembowel the Chosen Archer with a series of slashes to the stomach, ensuring he won't be shooting arrows anytime soon.
Clyde has slain the Chosen Archer!
He gains 12 Points.

The Pseudo-Legionary witnesses the brutal slaying of his Chosen Archer brethren by Clyde. He is appalled by the nature of the act, it is extraordinarily Barbaric! And nothing makes the Pseudo-Legionary angrier than self-hypocrisy! He draws a Plumbata from his equipment, and intervenes with Clyde's attack. (4+1+1 vs. 5) Before Clyde can simply tear the Chosen Archer's body in half from the waist, a flying dart hits him in the torso. He curses, pulling out the device from his body. Although he was indeed struck, his armor was thick enough to minimize the bleeding.

The Warband walks along the path to town, surprised to reach the gates without being disturbed. It is there that they find John Doe standing over the body of Bigus Dickus. One of them cries, "That Roman dog has killed one of us!" John Doe raises his hands defensively, "You've got it wrong! I'm merely a civilian doctor! I was trying to save him!" The Warband doesn't appear to be convinced. (8 vs. 5) The five Barbarians back John into the side of a building. Before he can attempt to run, one shoves a Spear right into his stomach. John falls over, clutching his wound, bleeding badly. Instead of finishing him off, the Warband simply says a few mocking words to him and leave him to die as they leave find more interesting opponents.

Brute (II) lays at the foot of a Roman house. (Consciousness: 3 = Failure) He remains still, though still breathing.

Having been successfully guarded, the Ballistamen load another shot into their machine of war, and begin searching for targets.

The Bandits ascend the eventful house on the outskirts of town, and turn their attentions to the wounded Carl, wondering he has any good gold on him. They are then interrupted by Barrus Patrione, "None of you will hurt him! Be gone!" While he is armed to the teeth, the Bandits do not heed his warning. (5 vs. 6-1) Barrus is not used to fighting two opponents at well, but is able to handle them both by deflecting their blades with the metal armor on his forearm, courtesy of his Scissors attachments. After a few exchanges of combat, The Bandits run back down the stairs of the house, seeking some other target.

Barbarian Reinforcements!

Sniper - An even better shot than the Chosen Warriors, these Archers are fabled to posses the shooting skill to shoot an apple off of a tree a kilometer away.
Bullseye: With their unrivaled precision, Snipers can hit anyone they want, regardless of who or what is protecting them. Snipers ignore the Guarding function of their Enemies.
Inventory:
Compound Bow - A Bow originally intended for hunting large game, turned into a weapon of long-range destruction.
Health: Fine
Point Value: 14

Brute (III) - After a few skirmishes, most Grunts are killed, while the survivors attain this rank. They have become more ferocious and belligerent as a result.
Rage (Active) - The Brute has figured out how to utilize his recklessness into a proper weapon. +1 to Attacking and -1 to Defending. 1-Turn Cooldown.
Inventory:
Spiked Club - A variation of the Club that is covered in numerous sharp spikes, giving it piercing capabilities.
Health: Fine
Point Value: 5

Spoiler: Barbarians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Romans (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: -The Last Stand- Necdum Spiritum Romanus: Phase 4 [The Battle Continues]
« Reply #269 on: February 23, 2014, 01:46:29 am »

Respawn as a legionary. Because boring will be a nice change of pace.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30