Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How Should Round 2 Be Changed Regarding Combat?

Players are much tougher than standard enemy units.
- 7 (53.8%)
Introduce a Fatigue system.
- 1 (7.7%)
Options 1+2
- 5 (38.5%)
No Change
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: -The Last Stand- Final Pre-Round 2 Poll: Combat  (Read 39268 times)

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: -The Last Stand- Necdum Spiritum Romanus: Phase 0 [The Invasion]
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2013, 04:53:41 pm »

Activate charge and go towards the executioner. Literally ride over any barbarian in the way. Bury Pilum in his chest. Hold on tight and keep on riding.
Note: this should all be at high speed - it's the equivalent of a drive by shooting. The executioner should barely be able to lift his axe, let alone swing it, hopefully.

In the name of Paul Davies, Mutilator of WorldsBlood, scream "Bring it the fuck on.". In Latin.
Give yourself a cookie if you know where that's from.
Am I the last one?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2013, 04:53:41 pm »

I was saying this, taunt colossus, take him inside house, burn down house, kill colossus.

But seeing as the houses are behind us that may not work.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2013, 05:46:58 pm »

I was saying this, taunt colossus, take him inside house, burn down house, kill colossus.

Also, you can't really use the houses.

In-game Reason: All the houses have been barricaded and locked.

OOC: There's no mechanics or actions that involve going into a house.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2013, 06:06:25 pm »

Haha! I was right he did want to burn down the house. That might've worked. I'm just not sure how we could've kept him in there while it burned. Also how do you barricade and lock the kind of houses a small roman village would have? No I'm not going to say come up with anything new I'm just having this odd mental picture.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2013, 06:13:58 pm »

Death or Glory! Thorsten Bohn attacks the Barbarian Horseman with his Hasta!

As a Triarius, my current plan of action is to attack any horsemen or groups of barbarians that are on the field. Otherwise I'll try to guard some of the squishier members, such as the Medicus or Mercenarius while he's raging. Sounds good?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2013, 06:14:48 pm »

Yes. We need the drunken rage to live!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2013, 07:18:32 pm »

perhaps we could use one of the demolishers torches against the barbarians?
How? They don't have buildings.
Yes, because obviously the Demolisher's themselves can only use their torches to attack buildings, so it only makes sense that their torches woukd be useless against anything else.

Oh wait...
They're not exactly the best anti-personnel weapons, or better enough than ours to justify the effort required to take them, or better than ours, or anything we know how to use properly, or likely to still be lit after we kill them.
...you throw them. You throw them repeatedly, and it gives them a penalty to attack next turn. If they aren't lit, they aren't lit. But don't act like it's automatically a bad idea just because there's something that might go wrong.
Unlit torches are just...sticks. And, again, it's not worth taking the time to grab and light the torches, especially since--again--we aren't trained in throwing flaming chunks of wood. Likely as no, we'd end up torching part of the town as part of this scheme for giving an enemy or two a minor penalty to hit for one frikkin' turn.

Yes, that's one of the problems with that plan. Others include:
1. Collateral damage
2. Time
3. Big =/= Dumb
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2013, 10:10:42 pm »

The town is doomed anyway and it would take less time and risk than heating him up, it's a moot point anyway so why are we still discussing this?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2013, 10:50:17 pm »

The town is doomed anyway and it would take less time and risk than heating him up, it's a moot point anyway so why are we still discussing this?

Honestly? I think it's probably just because we can.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2013, 10:54:53 pm »

You're right--killing him with conventional weapons (ie, my huge frikkin' ballista) would be a lot faster than luring him into a house, setting it on fire, and waiting for him to burn to death!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2013, 10:56:38 pm »

I never said to burn him to death, I said to burn the building so it would collapse on him, anyway we can't do it anyway so seriously why are we still arguing this?
So how are you today?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2013, 10:58:36 pm »

I never said to burn him to death, I said to burn the building so it would collapse on him, anyway we can't do it anyway so seriously why are we still arguing this?

Because this is Bay12 and we like to debate everything, no matter how small or pointless.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2013, 11:13:06 pm »

Like that would be so much faster. In fact, the building would collapse on his corpse if he didn't escape, since the heat and smoke would suffocate him before it would weaken the house enough to collapse it. Unless it's made of reeds and thatch, in which case, what's the point?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2013, 11:16:45 pm »

Do the barbarians have a battering ram to hit the Colossus with?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2013, 11:30:18 pm »

Why would they hit the Colossus?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30