Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Merry Making Gift Giveaway [Complete - details in first post]  (Read 13827 times)

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Merry Making Gift Giveaway [Complete - details in first post]
« on: December 23, 2013, 06:02:54 pm »

Greetings friends and strangers alike,
and welcome to a seasonal merry making giveaway!

[update] Scroll down for the giveaway winners!

Over the last year I gradually came to own some spares of certain games, some of them donated by viewers and subscribers of my Let's Play channel (Bohemian Shenanigans), others from my purchasing game bundles or stretch-goal unlocks. So given the season and how much I enjoy the Winter I thought I might give the games away and spread some cheer.

It's the first time I've hosted anything like a give-away, and it was something of an idle idea that came to me while preparing to record a channel update rather than something I had planned at length. Initially I had 6 games to give away, but following the extremely generous donations from some of my viewers, the game list is now over 60! :D

LIST OF GAMES
(Updated to show remaining games)

Games for STEAM:
TerrariaTorchlight 1 ( x 2)
Dead Space 1Mirror's Edge
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the AwesomeNuclear Dawn
Shank 2Anomaly 2
Jack LumberCities in Motion 2
Gemini RuePoker Night at the Inventory
ForgeThe Ship: Complete Pack
Insanely Twisted Shadow PlanetBlood of the Werewolf
And Yet It MovesDino D-Day
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of TimePlain Sight
LegendaryShattered Horizon
Magicka: Wizard WarsF.E.A.R
F.E.A.R. 2F.E.A.R. 3
Alien Breed CompleteBad Rats: The Rats' Revenge

And also, these games for use with EA's ORIGIN platform:
Dead SpaceDead Space 3
Crysis 2 Maximum EditionPopulous
Medal of HonorMirror's Edge
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising

[update] Giveaway winners!

Right, well with the 2nd of January having come and gone, the winners names have been drawn from the hat!

You can listen to the list of winners and an explanation of how I'll be getting the games out to everyone in this video: Merry Making Winners

But for those who can't watch the video, or simply can't wait to check if they're on the list, here are the 73 winners:

LIST OF WINNERS
(In the order the names were drawn)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finally, a brief explanation of how you'll be able to pick your game:

• As randomly assigning games to each winner may end up with people winning games they already own, I will be contacting the winners 5 at a time (as per the separation in the list) with a list of the available games, and request that you reply with the game you would like (and 4 backup choices, in order of preference).
  • If two people want the same game, then it will be resolved in favour of the person who's name appears highest in the list, with the other winner being given the next preferred game from their backup list.
  • In order to avoid any hangups waiting on someone to reply (as there are a lot of games to give out), you will have a day to reply to my message. If for some reason you can't get back in touch in time, then I'll move your name down to the top of the next group of people I'll be contacting. I'll then send games to those who did reply, then send a revised list of games to the next block (which will now include you)

This way, your position in the list will generally be preserved, while still allowing me to get the games out to people in a reasonable time-frame :)

If all goes well and there aren't any delays, then it should take me around 14 days to get the games out to the last person on the list, but if people reply faster than once a day, then I'll be able to send out the next batch of messages sooner. So fingers crossed it may not even take that long :D

I hope that explains everything, but if you have any questions at all do get in touch (It may be worth checking the video in this case, as I may have explained things a bit clearer there :)) either in this thread or a PM.

Once again, thanks to everyone who took part, and of course to all those who donated games throughout the giveaway, and I hope you're all having a wonderful 2014 so far :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:36:14 am by Aavak »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Making Gift Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 06:24:41 pm »

I would like to thank you for holding this giveaway Aavak, and put forward Hugehead.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:38:36 pm »

I nominate the esteemed GreatWyrmGold
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 06:44:59 pm »

Giveaways are awesome and this is a great twist on the idea. :)

I shall nominate adwarf!
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 06:46:44 pm »

I will nominate Iceblaster.

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 06:48:05 pm »

Nominating Sappho.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 06:52:11 pm »

I'd liek to nominate my mostly lurker brother who is still sadly a loony as he never posts. is that ok?

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 07:00:30 pm »

I'd liek to nominate my mostly lurker brother who is still sadly a loony as he never posts. is that ok?

I'd imagine it is, by the rules as stated... but you might want actually share his username.  Just saying.  ;)

-----

I nominate our giveaway admin emeritus, webadict!

If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 07:04:54 pm »

I also don't think it's against the rules, but please tell me if I'm wrong, that I can put multiple names in.
I'd like to nominate aristabulus too! Thanks so much for doing so much giveaway work as well

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 07:06:16 pm »

I nominate Jacob/Lee due to his robustness.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 07:11:16 pm »

Thanks for taking part everyone :D

So far, I've added to the list:

Hugehead
GreatWyrmGold
Adwarf
Iceblaster
Sappho
Girlinhat
Jacob ~ for his robustness!
(That gave me a chuckle ;))
Webadict
Aristabulus
(let me know if that's actually your brother's name or if you were just nominating someone else as well)

As for your brother RexMundi, I can only imagine Snufkin would be deeply ashamed of me if I said you could not nominate your brother. I will do a lot of things, terrible and dark things, to avoid Snufkin's disapproval!! ;)

Of course it's fine to nominate anyone, as stated, no restrictions. We were all lunatics once (I still am, regardless what that title says, I belong in an asylum, but they keep forgetting to bring me tea at regular intervals so I keep breaking out again in search of that precious, precious brew!), and part of the generosity I spoke about in the OP is from people here who made a point of including everyone, regardless how long they've been a part of the community.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:14:53 pm by Aavak »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 07:17:03 pm »

Aristabulus (let me know if that's actually your brother's name or if you were just nominating someone else as well)

I am not the brother.  I took over the Xmas thread here on B12/OG when webadict's free time dried up (because hey, new job! :) ).
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 07:17:52 pm »

Aristabulus (let me know if that's actually your brother's name or if you were just nominating someone else as well)

I am not the brother.  I took over the Xmas thread here on B12/OG when webadict's free time dried up (because hey, new job! :) ).
Yeah, brother goes by Blitzeking, but I'll get back with his name here

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 07:23:11 pm »

Shook come get some yo!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 07:27:03 pm »

I'll nominate Japa.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12