Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Alcohol spawning

<< < (2/3) > >>

Slayerhero90:
Unless all your dwarves are unhappy, I don't think you should worry about a tantrum spiral.

Quietust:
The DFHack "createitem" command currently isn't capable of placing items into containers, so you can't use it to create booze, so you'll have to suffice with using "liquids" to fill up your well's cistern.

greycat:
Can it create a huge pile of plump helmets, and a huge pile of barrels?  You can brew 'em up yourself after that.

Quietust:

--- Quote from: greycat on December 24, 2013, 11:35:05 am ---Can it create a huge pile of plump helmets, and a huge pile of barrels?

--- End quote ---
Certainly - "createitem PLANT PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL 5" + "createitem BARREL PLANT_MAT:TOWER_CAP:WOOD", and repeat as necessary.

Quietust:
I've made some changes to the "createitem" command so that you can now specify where all subsequently created items will go - "createitem floor" makes them land on the floor beneath the unit (as it currently does), "createitem item" makes it remember the currently selected container and put the items in there, and "createitem building" makes it remember the currently selected building and put the items inside it.

Note that this won't be available until the next official DFHack release - if you want it now, you'll have to grab it from my branch and compile it yourself.

I may also decide to change the way it works a bit, perhaps using a different command ("createitem_into <whatever>") and maybe also allowing you to limit how many times it'll be used before it reverts to "floor" (at the very simplest, maybe just "once" or "always").

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version