Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Concerning the automatic factories...

Have few types but with many possible functions for each.  The simpler option
- 38 (42.2%)
Have many different types that each takes a particular input, for long assembly lines
- 29 (32.2%)
Have many types, allow using the wrong ones, but using them correctly lets the items have quality levels
- 23 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: [GNOME] - V0.78.2: Latest Patch: Couple of bugfixes  (Read 45126 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [GNOME] - V0.77.4: Latest Patch: Still more bugfixes
« Reply #330 on: March 24, 2014, 03:42:32 pm »

Good work. :) I really want to try them out, but that has to wait 2 more months at least.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

More bugfixes.

Also you can now place items in boxes into machines and the items will be taken out of the boxes and processed separately instead of mysteriously vanishing.  Caged creatures passing through machines will automatically be killed and processed by the machine.  The machine also flashes red when a caged creature is killed inside it...I don't know why.  I didn't make it do that.  But it works.

PiggiesGoMoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does a new world have to be generated for 0.77.5 and 0.77.1 to work? I keep trying to equip my mechanical dragons with turrets and it says they are equipped, but then they just fall off. This happened before and after I copied in .77.5 and .77.1 to my game folder. Also, should the inventory screen for the animal show the equipped armor and turrets?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of the recent changes will not require a new worldgen.  I fixed the animal equipment bug, but I don't think you'll be able to use the particular turrets that fell off unless you write a script that changes their maker race back to gnomes.  (For some reason you can force a dragon into a gnome-sized suit, but if you try and change it to a more suitable size it falls off.  I have no idea why.)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More bugfixes, and the item sorter can be inverted (so the specified items go straight and the other items go to the side).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Do you have a todo list, something with planned features? I'd be interested to see it, maybe share opinions/ideas.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have a todo list, something with planned features? I'd be interested to see it, maybe share opinions/ideas.

Not really, at this point I'm pretty much making it up as I go along.  Fine tuning and new toys are always a possibility, but as far as core gameplay mechanics are concerned I've done everything I set out to do and then some.  Of course, this is the first time I actually decided to sit down and play it.  New inspiration often strikes without warning in such cases.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok. I was just thinking about what I want to do when I am back in Germany... promoting the Gnomes would be something i'd like to do. They deserve all the recognition they can get, a good manual, a tutorial fort, reddit, all that stuff... simply to get more people playing them. As soon as enough people know about them, they will tell others or read about it. It will be awesome what the community will come up with, in tech-related succession forts and the like.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would certainly be welcome.  To be fair, I think my habit of making frequent small updates has discouraged a lot of people.  There is a combination explosion problem with the machines (invalid items typically shut down the whole system unless specifically addressed) although most of these fixes can be done without a new worldgen, so...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I think the main issue is documentation. Nice, easily readable manual with pictures ;) Usually if people dont understand a feature, there is always someone that looks it up in the raws and can explain it on the forum. But if 90% of it is dfhack, you will find a lot fewer people that can read through your druidism for example, and figure out how it works.

The warlocks have similar problems I think. They alienate people because their playstyle is so different, and there a no good example forts to show people how it should/can be done.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, I avoided gnomes and locks so far because I don't like to constantly restart my game, I like to test all features in one go :D . Both races are awesome in scope and design and I can barely wait to try them out, but I want some feature stability first.
Atm I have MW 4h, can I patch the gnome plugin to the latest version, or do I need 4i, which has some issues I see?

Cheers

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a few files you have to delete, but yes, you can.
you have to delete a few files if you use 4h.
Tried couple of different worldgens, only get grenade launchers instead of drills on embark

What?  You're not supposed to even have access to grenade launchers on embark.

EDIT: Checked it on my computer, it seems to work fine.  OH!  I changed some of the file names to include a 'z' in them to change the order of the items in the raws.  If you loaded it into the old files, they might not be overwritten, so you might have duplicate raws.

Delete the files item_gnome, inorganic_gnome, and building_gnome if you have them.  These files have been changed to item_z_gnome, inorganic_z_gnome, and building_z_gnome.

Gnomes shouldn't have special weapons unless you build them in-game (they do have access to the dwarven throwing weapons though).
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I updated the main mod with 77.6 of the Gnomes. You probably already saw that, just wanted to let you know.

Avacado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, an updated documentation on the gnome equipment that isn't in the manual currently would be nice.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:36:46 pm by Avacado »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update!

Gnomes can now produce alloys at the smelter.  Just the basic ones, though, they aren't as good at metallurgy as dwarves.
They can also convert peat into plastic logs at the screw press.  Plastic is, for all intents and purposes, functionally identical to wood, but with a source of peat and magma you can make as much of it as you want, which is good if you want to build a lot of machines.
There is also a tinkering recipe flowchart in the guide at the bottom of the items page, for those who want it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24