Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Rust - Rock Fight Simulator  (Read 16574 times)

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
Re: Rust - Rock Fight Simulator
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2014, 06:54:32 pm »

Update!

Zombies removed and replaced with Red bears and wolves that drop the same loot as those zombies did.

Animal update:
no longer exploitable by walking backwards
fears hostile wildlife
reacts to gunshots
hostile wildlife retreats if it cannot find a path to you
wildlife should not jump up and switch to random angles anymore
removed white wolf

Resource Objects Were Improved:

added new models for wood & stone resources
wood & stone resources change model to indicate their quantity
added another stone resource – contains mostly stone

Misc. Stuff:

fixed bugs with the level (such as rocks intersecting buildings)
the ‘oil tank’ area has been modified with cover
workbenches make you craft faster when standing next to them
added new player animations
improved melee attack animations
added locked backpacks and lockpicks test ( off by default )
 when you die your backpack is locked for everyone else but you for a time
 someone else can use a lockpick tool to bypass this time
 lockpick tools are a default blueprint
 you can’t use lockpicks on doors

the amount of time the backpack is locked for is per-server and can be set with the command player.backpackLockTime seconds
can be turned off by setting player.backpackLockTime to 0
footstep sounds will never play the same sound as the one previously played
grass textures have been improved

Known Issues

there are a small number of areas with what seems like invisible walls
there are one or two rocks without collision
there used to be  about 200 wolves in one area of the map, we fixed it, though.

Lockpicks are (If I recall correctly) 8 LQM, which to be honest... Is really bad, Its only worth it if you know the person has a gun or some good stuff, but now It just isn't worth it to go after people unless you are already sufficiently set up, increasing the gap between veteran players and new players.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2014, 07:01:45 pm »

Cool, I'll see yah there.

EDIT: And i've fallen into an elaborate trap...
As in it's a kill-all-noobs server and this was just bait?

I've asked steam for a refund but they don't refund pre-alphas. This will be the last time I bought a pre-alpha then.

Bear in mind that you're really taking a risk with anything that isn't officially complete yet. Pre - alpha (i.e., not even prototype) is super duper risky.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 08:43:56 pm »

No, it's a nearly empty server. But someone built an elaborate trap that I cant extricate myself from and now I'm waiting to starve

You can also hit F1 which brings up a console and type suicide

that kills you

Cool, I'll see yah there.

EDIT: And i've fallen into an elaborate trap...
As in it's a kill-all-noobs server and this was just bait?

I've asked steam for a refund but they don't refund pre-alphas. This will be the last time I bought a pre-alpha then.

Instead of whining about it you could try another server...there are newb friendly servers out there that specifically prohibit the killing of newly spawned people...its a dog eat dog game...not sure what you expected but its a game where killing people is extremely common if you are not careful.

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2014, 09:27:02 pm »

No, it's a nearly empty server. But someone built an elaborate trap that I cant extricate myself from and now I'm waiting to starve

You can also hit F1 which brings up a console and type suicide

that kills you

I eventually did that and luckily recovered my kit. It was a devious trap, made of open doors and pillars leaving a gap just small enough to be inescapable.

And now the hotfix is giving me some kind of disk read error on startup... perhapse I should reinstall?
Signature goes here.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2014, 12:06:08 am »

Just verify the files through steam...also maybe check if your hard drive is full or something silly like that

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2014, 02:55:44 am »

Zombies removed? I approve. Time to consider buying.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2014, 03:19:43 am »

To be replaced with something else.

In my opinion I'd rather they just kept the zombies in until they got whatever it was that was replacing them done. Having red bears and wolves replace zombies just doesn't make sense...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 07:39:54 am »

To be replaced with something else.

In my opinion I'd rather they just kept the zombies in until they got whatever it was that was replacing them done. Having red bears and wolves replace zombies just doesn't make sense...

I know they are being replaced. But they are being replaced by something that is, well, NOT ZOMBIES. And a survival game without zombies nowadays is something I can support.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 03:31:12 pm »

I know they are being replaced. But they are being replaced by something that is, well, NOT ZOMBIES. And a survival game without zombies nowadays is something I can support.

Yeah, zombies are definitely over-done now and days, but I felt like the game was better with the zombies instead of switching out to some weird placeholder.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 03:38:10 pm »

Yeah, zombies are definitely over-done now and days, but I felt like the game was better with the zombies instead of switching out to some weird placeholder.

They will fix it, eventually.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2014, 03:45:58 pm »

They will fix it, eventually.

Yeah, It is an alpha after all.

kenpoaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2014, 05:35:05 pm »

The placeholder bears and wolves are harder than zombies, which I like (no more headshots).

In response to the server being empty, it is during weekdays. That's the best time to forage and build. Weekends get a little crazy!
This forum is a bunch of nutters, and you couldn't point to anything to contradict it.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 07:42:08 pm »

Tons of idiots who assumed it was a zombie survival sim raged aready about the removal of the zombies. They are doing it to disassociate from the genre of zombie stuff and to avoid a large backlash later down the road. Very smart move in my opinion.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 07:43:02 pm »

Tons of idiots who assumed it was a zombie survival sim raged aready about the removal of the zombies. They are doing it to disassociate from the genre of zombie stuff and to avoid a large backlash later down the road. Very smart move in my opinion.

Idiots gonna idiot, anyway.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2014, 07:02:11 pm »

The placeholder bears and wolves are harder than zombies, which I like (no more headshots).

In response to the server being empty, it is during weekdays. That's the best time to forage and build. Weekends get a little crazy!

I enjoyed the headshots. D:

No longer am I able to run up to a tank zombie with a P250 and pop it in the head. And now I can't pickaxe fast zombies in one hit either, which makes trips into rad-town and big-civ a lot more difficult than it used to be.  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5