Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 54275 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

That's fine with me. If I haven't drawn a weapon yet, just use a utility spell or song. If I have the option to sustain a song, sustain it. If I have a weapon out, just basic melee.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A reminder to RolePGeek and Remuthra that they can post, because Kyle is talking to them.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, here are the basics of my anti-railroading plan: I will present organic choices when I can. Your choices will dramatically effect the following events in the story of Kalgena.

For example: when the dungeon crawling group was facing down the exploding Flesh Harrower, they chose to stay and risk their lives to kill it. They could have ran.
If they had run, the AMC and the Puppeteers would be engaged in a power struggle as they would not have been weakened by the loss of their leader. However, they are, so a different result has occured. I can't tell you what it is, because obviously spoilers.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

What’s your plan of attack?

So. Shall we steal it, or locate it?

I’m more in favour of theft, at the moment.

I would suggest that, first, Alaris covers the busiest end of the alley, persuading / barding / forcing people away if necessary (in that order) whilst Cado Locates Object and Edgrick protects him.

Then, when it is located, the best listener should listen at the two alley way doors attempting to discern which is the best entry. Then Edgrick can Search for any traps and then Open Lock.

Then Edgrick can enter, stealthing and maybe / if necessary taking an invisibility potion. Cado should probably watch the exit in the alley whilst Alaris comes with Edgrick as I believe she can stealth.

If there are people about, Edgrick can possibly deal with them with a Sleep arrow (these should be removed from victims after use to not leave identifying clues), unless Alaris has something that can deal with them.

Then we make our way to the Located object, Search the area for traps, steal it, and silently flee.

Any comments?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Also, here are the basics of my anti-railroading plan: I will present organic choices when I can. Your choices will dramatically effect the following events in the story of Kalgena.

For example: when the dungeon crawling group was facing down the exploding Flesh Harrower, they chose to stay and risk their lives to kill it. They could have ran.
If they had run, the AMC and the Puppeteers would be engaged in a power struggle as they would not have been weakened by the loss of their leader. However, they are, so a different result has occured. I can't tell you what it is, because obviously spoilers.
Ooh, interesting.

What would have happened if they had tried to switch sides?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Indeed.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, then the Coalition would be engaged in a different war with the puppeteers then the one they are waging now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

For record; I is waiting on Remuthra, since he was the one offered the hat.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I is waiting for a chance to write something substantial.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

I've been talking with Imaterial, and will be getting back into the game. Here is my HD roll for level up: 1d8=4

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm working on the turn, but it wont be out for a few hours, because of commitments.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

I'd agree with the plan, except I don't know the spell Locate Object...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Emergency retcon: Redmountain gave you a single use scroll of Locate Object.

GUYS: BIG Announcement/reminder(?)!

I am doing a Counselor position at a summer camp, so I'll be VERY AFK for the weekdays of the weeks of the 16th, the 23rd, and the 30th. Updates will only appear on the weekends.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Argh. Too tired to write the turn tonight. Tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 71