Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 54284 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Nope, I'm an erudite, though I'm using the spell-to-power variant, so I can learn spells as powers if I can find a person who knows them.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

It would be really nice to get some mind blank here, but that seems unlikely.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

I could in fact learn that. but not until level 17. I think there's a psionic equivalent, but I won't be able to learn that until level 15, so... Don't hold your breath.

Edit: I can get the personal variation at level 13. still not much help. On the other hand, I have a pretty good will save (+6, or +10 if I spend a power point.)

I can get Tower of Iron will at 11, which gives PR/SR 19 against mind affecting effects to me and all creatures within 10 ft. until my next turn.

Huh. I could've gotten thought shield, which gives Me and me only PR 13 against Mind Affecting Effects. I ptobably don't need it, though...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:48:50 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Yeah, mind blank artifacts are on the order of tens or hundreds of thousand gold, unfortunately.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I think our group is waiting on thee, hat-wearer.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

It is? From what I've seen, I don't have anything awaiting my attention. I've been waiting for MNII to actually give us our dossiers.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. Those will be delivered at some point. Probably tonight, if I find the time.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

What all do I know about the town? Especially it's politics. Who's who and whats what? that seems like something I'll need to know.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Those... Son of a... Do they really expect us to steal it for them?! Ahah, NO. Just for that, I'm tempted to go to the guard and report them.

Well, what exactly do we do here? Any ideas?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Get Alaris back to join us, steal it, then hope they don't have the same idea of setting them up as I do - we meet them and coldbloodedly murder them, keeping their morningstar and their cash.

Or we could go along with it. But then what's to stop them murdering us?

Or we could locate it exactly, and tell them the exact location, and see how angry they get.

I think getting Alaris to come and watch the exchange in return for 100GP would be sensible, whatever happens. We've assessed that two on two we can't beat them, probably.

Not sure what is best yet. We can't just steal it and give it to them, we are not their minions, the little feckers.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Screw them, I've got magic, you've got stealth and sneak attacks and with Alaris on our side we outnumber the bastards. We could take them if we ambush them and if I prep my spells right.

Do you think we should kill them? Or be ready to kill them when we do exactly what we agree'd to do?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Hmm.

We could:
1/ Locate the item and not steal it. Meet them with hidden back up. This should show we are serious, and might not antagonise their group.

or

2/ Locate the item, steal it, and then murder them. This would make us quite criminal, and earn the enmity of this pair’s group. We would have to act fast to strengthen our position.

I object to 2 on the grounds that we don’t know who they work for (i.e. how powerful an enemy this would make) and on the grounds of the whole murder thing. Also murdering them at noon might be a bit visible.

But 1 seems a bit wishy-washy, and might well greatly antagonise them anyway, and put us sooner in conflict in less of a position of strength.

So I think 1 is best. We locate it, meet them, and see what happens, but be prepared to murder the crap out of them. We might find out what is so special about the item, too.

I do have quite an urge to just do the stealing and murdering though, because I feel they are pushing it enough for it not to be outright Evil to do so.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What all do I know about the town? Especially it's politics. Who's who and whats what? that seems like something I'll need to know.
Check the OP for most of the details relating to local politics that any one might know.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

You could also steal it, then call the coalition to get rid of the clients.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

You could also steal it, then call the coalition to get rid of the clients.

That is an equally good plan, although their attitude towards theft may not aid it, on reflection.

If we could find an IC reason for contacting our travelling companions it could work though. Especially if I had an IC reason for suspecting you might be interested in anti-psionic protection such as like what I have several examples of in right here in my inventory...
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71