Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 54298 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

So, for my next character in a game, I want to make the Skill Monkey Supreme. The way I'm thinking of the type of character I want to play, I think a Beguiler is what I'd go for, but any thoughts? I want a character who's able to take seven or eight Profession skills along with a supremely high Disguise and Bluff to get into almost anywhere unhindered, poison/alchemize/UND everyone, and smirk as they walk out with the gold. Spells are also kinda part of what I had in mind, so I don't think a rogue really fits it(especially since rogues have too much combat ability to be true skill monkeys), and Factotums have some stuff/fluff I'd rather avoid, as well as weaker casting ability(barring doing stupid things with shape-changing abilities). Any advice for me?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would say that Beguiler would be your best bet.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Beguiler's have spellcasting based on int, which probably makes them better.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Yeah, we can do the scrying job, if my character is even capable of doing it. I've got 800 gold left over, so I can write some of the useful spells into my book from the scrolls I have, but I'm not sure which scrolls I should do first. Invisibility and Bulls strength is obviously good, but ray of clumsiness helps with attacking (as does cloud of bewilderment) and Charm person has all sorts of nice things going for it and feather fall is quite handy...

Got any suggestions for what I should do first?

EDIT: Ah shit, I forgot. I'm a conjurer, so I can't do enchantment or evocation spells, which eliminates charm person and touch of idiocy... Damn...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:10:09 am by Zako »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Bother - perhaps you can sell them?

I would benefit from invisibility but have no other immediate thoughts. I like feather fall though.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

I also have enlarge person and a spell that can provide a wall of smoke for concealment from ranged attacks. Just incase we need it later.

Also, GM question: Can I cast spells from scrolls from the schools I can't learn from?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I'm not keen on the Enforcers either, but if it is something recently taken over by a criminal family, it might be weak and in a position to be usurped hoho. Anyway. Let's scry, and perhaps I will thieve later.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Ohoho, I like where you're going with that. I could definitely come up with ways to help with that, since magic is useful in all sorts of ways...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That awkward moment when you realize that scrying is a 4th level spell...
Um... you also got a scroll of Locate Object! Ya, that's right! And a wand of Summon Monster I to replace the mirror. Why are you all glaring at me?
Moving on, that job still works. It'll just be Locate Object instead.

Also, GM question: Can I cast spells from scrolls from the schools I can't learn from?
Yes.

I'm working on the turn now.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I am of a mind to stab these insolent little feckers in the face, but feel we should not. Hmm.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Angle, it is an outrageous price, but... you're not even trying to propose a counter offer?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Hmm. Yeah, that's probably something I should do. I'll edit my action.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 71