Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 54443 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5 PBP urban campaign interest check. "The Filth of Kalgena"
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2013, 08:18:07 pm »

Meh, it just made me more determined to contribute.
By which I mean taking the Protection Devotion feat.

Immaterial, can I ask for a change to Improved Shield Bash to also boost shield bash damage die by one step, and to let me bash with a tower shield outside of a charge?
Additionally, in the spirit of the rules once more, could I expend manuevers for uses of Protection Devotion, since Crusaders supposedly get them from their god and the Devotion feats can use Turn Undead attempts?
Is there feat retraining? Stone Power is good at low levels, but shitty at higher ones...

Any other good feats you guys can think of that will help me keep everyone else alive? I am tank, after all, not necessarily damage dealer(speaking of which, should I switch my Constitution and Strength?).
Toughness is always good. That's about all I can think of, though, unless you want to try for Evasion.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »

Immaterial, can I ask for a change to Improved Shield Bash to also boost shield bash damage die by one step, and to let me bash with a tower shield outside of a charge?
Additionally, in the spirit of the rules once more, could I expend manuevers for uses of Protection Devotion, since Crusaders supposedly get them from their god and the Devotion feats can use Turn Undead attempts?
Is there feat retraining? Stone Power is good at low levels, but shitty at higher ones...
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes. You have to visit a rather powerful spellcaster, though.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2013, 09:19:13 pm »

Combat Reflexes, or Shield Wall, or some other thing like Improved Initiative? That is what I ponder now.

With Iron Guard's Glare and Protection Devotion, especially combined with the possibility of having magic gear from the get-go since it's cheaper and we have more money...plus I have reach, and thanks to Improved Shield Bash, Threaten everything within ten feet of me. AC could be somewhere in the vicinity of 25-26 effective(not touch though. Dear god not touch.)

Edit: I want to get Shield Ward, but Shield Specialization is completely useless to me as I cannot use it with Tower Shields. This frustrates me. Would the DM be willing to compromise on this point? (I don't want to get it yet, but if I'm gonna have a tower shield...)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:32:17 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

Let's see... Google? What monsters have touch attacks? Rust Monsters can destroy a 10 foot cube of metal instantly with a successful touch attack? Sexy.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2013, 09:27:17 pm »

especially combined with the possibility of having magic gear from the get-go since it's cheaper and we have more money...
Don't we have considerably less? Last I checked, the formula for Wealth by Level was Level^3 x 1000.

Let's see... Google? What monsters have touch attacks? Rust Monsters can destroy a 10 foot cube of metal instantly with a successful touch attack? Sexy.
You may notice I have only one metal item on me. This is intentional :P.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2013, 09:33:17 pm »

That's what Shield Ward with a Darkwood Tower Shield will be for.
especially combined with the possibility of having magic gear from the get-go since it's cheaper and we have more money...
Don't we have considerably less? Last I checked, the formula for Wealth by Level was Level^3 x 1000.
Actually, it's 900 at Level 2, 2700 at level 3.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:36:06 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2013, 09:38:42 pm »

That sounds wrong, especially how you have 100 gp at first level.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2013, 09:42:20 pm »

I believe first level is exempt anyway since different classes have different amounts of money to start, but after that it may be [3^Level]*100 wealth.

Otherwise, 2^3=8, times 1000 is 8000 gp at level 2. No.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2013, 09:50:15 pm »

I believe first level is exempt anyway since different classes have different amounts of money to start, but after that it may be [3^Level]*100 wealth.

Otherwise, 2^3=8, times 1000 is 8000 gp at level 2. No.
Might be, and I'm misremembering my formula slightly. That's 800 gp, not 900, at second level, though.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2013, 10:02:34 pm »

No, it's 900. I remember that just fine. Even looked it up to make sure.

But you formula would've been 8000, since you said multiply by a thousand.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2013, 10:20:27 pm »

No, it's 900. I remember that just fine. Even looked it up to make sure.

But you formula would've been 8000, since you said multiply by a thousand.
Or a hundred. As I said, I worked out the formula for it a while ago, so my memory may have rounding errors. Now that I think about it, it may indeed have been a hundred.

Where in the blazes have I been getting my wealth by level tables from? I based it on 12500 gold for fifth level, taken from the chart in the DMG...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2013, 11:42:35 pm »

Maybe there isn't a cut and dry formula. After all, it goes 900->2700->5400. I think.

Anyway, Immaterial, can I exchange Concentration for Handle Animal as a class skill? And Jump for Survival?

Oh, and GWG, I would have things to discuss with you if you'd be interested. I think it would be excellent for RP purposes(and in general for reasons) if our characters knew each other and had been hanging out before meeting the rest of the party.

Oh, and Immaterial, I have some Riding Dogs as pets, could I possibly be allowed to change their Alertness feat to something less terrible? They're supposed to be the equivalent of Alaskan huskies and she's grown up with them/their parents, that's why they're with her.
Less likely to be accepted, could they take Flaws?

Edit: If I can't change Alertness it's no big deal; my character has Inattentive anyway so they'll be good sentries. ^^
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2013, 11:46:41 pm »

Alright. I'm about ready to start on my character. Looking at the OP, it looks like we have a fairly balanced party so far. Any suggestions as to what we need?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2013, 11:50:15 pm »

We do not yet have a sneaky person of any sort.

I think it would be interesting if we made a wilderness party for the urban adventure.

Go for what you want, really, but I'd recommend scout, rogue, ranger, or just maybe a cleric. Since we don't have many/any good healers besides me with some of my attacks and/or stances.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2013, 11:51:56 pm »

We might use a cleric. Depending on the roguey type we get, we may need someone to fill the role of skillmonkey. In either case, more rogues might be useful for a campaign like this. We also could always use more fighters (One isn't necessarily enough, eh?).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 71