Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 330637 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #2655 on: August 19, 2023, 03:50:39 am »

Magic Survival is Vampire Survivors before there was Vampire Survivors.

I actually ended up getting both of these in my hunt. Didn't know vampire survivors was ont he phone and I've been playing magic survival a lot.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: August 19, 2023, 06:59:49 am »

Slice&Dice is a really really good one, it's paid but not expensive and you get zero of the mobile game bullshit with it. It's basically a dungeon crawling dice builder. You get a party of five, each with their own d6 with various abilities and effects and you customize them with level-ups and items as you go trough a run. There's a bunch of different kinds of runs you unlock as you go as well so it's pretty replayable. Fights are all turn-based and fairly short so it's super easy to pick up and put down whenever you want to.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: August 19, 2023, 01:53:44 pm »

I actually ended up getting both of these in my hunt. Didn't know vampire survivors was ont he phone and I've been playing magic survival a lot.

It wasn't supposed to be on mobile, but since people were ripping it off and selling it as though it was the real thing, they released an official version.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: October 08, 2023, 04:15:37 am »

Recommend me games with the most grotesque amount of content you can think of. I'd like to see a game that has too much stuff to do.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: October 08, 2023, 10:31:03 am »

[Snark mode on] Touhou Genso Wanderer. Amount is grotesque, truly. But it is all exactly the same.[Snark mode off] A-and I don't know anything else. Mods don't count. Mainstream stuff like Elder Lolz does not count. Other japanese grindy trash, I don't know of.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 11:56:26 am by MCreeper »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: October 08, 2023, 10:45:54 am »

A lot of the Assassin Creeds/Uncharteds (and I assume the new Tomb Raiders/anything that follows their formulas) have tons of busy work.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: October 08, 2023, 01:31:55 pm »

Path of Exile, an ARPG that has spent the better part of the last decade adding in new weird shit every 3 or so months. It's a bit overwhelming at first but once you're over the initial hurdle it's one of  the bigger games today in terms of content and how much devs keep adding to it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: October 08, 2023, 02:03:46 pm »

Recommend me games with the most grotesque amount of content you can think of. I'd like to see a game that has too much stuff to do.
Heavily modded terraria's pretty packed. Not the weaksauce "oh, I'm running calamity" nonsense, the modstrosities that have so much packed in most computers have trouble loading. At least three major content mods, preferably a half dozen or more. Apachai's new class mod requires 100 bosses by default to max out its progression. That's your minimum goal.

Heavily modded elder scrolls games probably land in about the same region of design. Just pack crap into it until it breaks and then spend a week figuring out how little you can remove and have it run.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: October 08, 2023, 04:43:19 pm »

The Yakuza games have a ridiculous amount of stuff to do. It took me 70 hours to platinum Yakuza Kiwami 2, and if you skip all the cutscenes you can get through the game in about 3 hours. So yeah, the remaining 67 were spent doing a whole bunch of extraneous side stuff and watching cutscenes (you need to play through the game twice for the platinum) and that’s one of 6 games in the main series, plus 2 or 3 spin-offs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: October 09, 2023, 12:18:05 pm »

I think a number of open-world survival games could fit the bill, especially if modding is included. Project Zomboid comes to mind.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: October 11, 2023, 03:46:52 am »

Cataclysm DDA has a bunch of stuff you can do.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: October 22, 2023, 06:54:05 pm »

Has anyone tried A Hero's Rest?

It looks potentially interesting, but I can't find reviews of it, because it's an indie game. It's 20% off now, so I'm thinking about it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: October 22, 2023, 07:29:11 pm »

I'm sort of annoyed at how much stuff No Man's Sky gives you to do. You got like 8-10 active quests/missions going all over the place, and the main plot is buried somewhere in there.  Not to mention all the "hey, I would like ____" stuff to do.

It updated recently, so should be lots of traffic and activity.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: November 04, 2023, 12:34:02 pm »

I played cookie clicker for a while, before I found out offline gains are only available several months into playing the game. It was mildly amusing up until that.

Are there any good clickers/idle games that don't require a 24-hour connection?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: November 04, 2023, 03:36:44 pm »

Are there any good clickers/idle games that don't require a 24-hour connection?

Leafblower Revolution? Though that's more of a 'waggle' than 'click'. It's still actively developed, with content being released that impacts things other than just the (endlessly expanding) endgame, which is nice.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179