Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331431 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1350 on: January 01, 2017, 01:33:18 am »

What are some PC games that work great with a gamepad? I don't mind some configuration if necessary. Fast-paced action type games are preferred.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 01, 2017, 01:52:54 am »

Rocket League? I haven't played it personally, mind you.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 01, 2017, 02:07:47 am »

What are some PC games that work great with a gamepad? I don't mind some configuration if necessary. Fast-paced action type games are preferred.

If you use x360ce you can use any game that supports the 360 controller, which includes skyrim, Wolfenstien new order, Fallouts 3, new vegas, and 4, etc.

Wolfenstien new order is very shooty with lots of violence

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 03, 2017, 09:42:51 am »

Does anyone know of a PC game with a VERY complex power system? Something that requires a lot of "studying" is perfectly fine, graphics don't matter (a game with roguelike graphics/ASCII game is even better); I'm looking for something that makes you feel like you have powerful abilities that you NEED in order to win against very dangerous opponents.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 03, 2017, 11:45:29 am »

Does anyone know of a PC game with a VERY complex power system? Something that requires a lot of "studying" is perfectly fine, graphics don't matter (a game with roguelike graphics/ASCII game is even better); I'm looking for something that makes you feel like you have powerful abilities that you NEED in order to win against very dangerous opponents.
Well theoretically you could try NG++++etc. Magicmaker, but...Not really what you're looking for, that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 03, 2017, 11:47:46 am »

I'd like game where I ain't the chosen one... I try and kill the chosen one.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 03, 2017, 12:03:54 pm »

Can you elaborate a little bit on what you're looking for in terms of power systems? Up until the last sentence I was about to recommend Space Station 13 (a shift or two in Atmos will blow your mind), but I get the impression you mean something else.

Basically, think any fighting Anime where the protagonist gains "that power that everyone at higher levels uses" after a while (Ex. Hunter x Hunter), and you have some kind of strategy involved in the fight (go for an attack, fight conservatively, anticipate the attack and hit when the opponent just used his energy)...

Of course no game will have all of this, that would be insane. I'm looking for something similar.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 03, 2017, 12:57:56 pm »

Mortal combat series?

It takes practice to enter the combos, some of which are super cool.
Then you have a complex but roughly balanced system of using your abilities.
Some fights are balanced but some favor one side. And sometimes, FATALITY!
Top tier graphics, very famous, many spinoffs and sequels.

But if all you want is a super cool system of beating people up you could just go with
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
You have to learn the best attacks, and use them wisely. Learn to use powerful attacks to finish off opponents by propelling them out of the ring.

If you just want to spam one move though, both games are a little campy and you won't reach the top.

Have you tried Dragon Ball Z? (I mean obviously, but I have to ask)

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 03, 2017, 01:02:58 pm »

-facepalm-

Apparently I totally forgot (twice) to add the most important part: I'm looking for an adventure, roguelike or RPG game; I already know about a lot of fighting games that fit the description (mainly those you talked about).

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 03, 2017, 01:32:03 pm »

Ever play Mount and Blade: Warband - Prophecy of Pendor mod? No game has given me more of a feeling of "you earned these OP things, now go and fight OP bosses"

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 03, 2017, 01:42:21 pm »

Looking for fairly deep and complex text-based games in the form of RPG's and/or roguelikes that are controlled with the mouse (as opposed to hotkeys like DF). I realize that is a vague description, but think of a game like NEO Scavenger. Doesn't have to be entirely text-based, but it does need to rely on it a lot and any graphics very simple technically, as I am playing on a piss poor laptop. Tales of Maj'Eyal is a perfect example of this, but I've played that game to death.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 03, 2017, 01:52:59 pm »

The original Fallouts, one of the excellent Geneforge games or the remake of Avernum spring to mind.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 03, 2017, 02:06:00 pm »

The Baldur's Gate engine DnD games come to mind, though I've only played Planescape: Torment.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 03, 2017, 02:15:39 pm »

The Baldur's Gate engine DnD games come to mind, though I've only played Planescape: Torment.
Baldur's Gate and its sequels recently got remastered, and the remasters are supposedly pretty good, if you can stomach AD&D combat (I can't so it's all Story Mode for me).

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 03, 2017, 02:19:05 pm »

-facepalm-

Apparently I totally forgot (twice) to add the most important part: I'm looking for an adventure, roguelike or RPG game; I already know about a lot of fighting games that fit the description (mainly those you talked about).
Magicka!

You have to learn a bunch of keypresses that combine together to strengthen your abilities.
The monsters are brutal and you'll find yourself leaning towards the best combo in all likelyhood.
You can blow up your friends in either co-op or an arena mode, both of which work seem to work decently well.
Blowing the shit out of your friends is considered an acceptable loss, and highly balanced too.

There's a new worms game called worms WMD where you can craft better weapons with parts. If you've ever played Worms Armageddon it's like that but better.

I actually can't think of modern games that encourage you to spam one ability though. Maybe Destiny? You get a handful of really cool powerups from levels.
It's Halo but with magical powers. The best jump in and FPS grind with friends, ever made. It's made by Bungie. It's also an MMO servicing PC and most consoles.
Top tier Co-op. https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12219

In Spelunky bombs are your best weapon. Once you learn to hit things with a thrown bomb without using paste you've mastered the most powerful tool in the game.

In most of the games I play there just isn't one strategy because that would be repetitive.

In Skyrim you can invest everything to become a glass cannon, in one ability. Nothing is that much stronger or weaker though. Also I think maybe the combat difficulty scales with how many skills you choose to invest in. Oh yea FUS ROH DAH is fucking awesome. Max that shout to have the most fun.

In Terraria you just invest in ranged all day. That can carry you from the beginning of the game to the end. Terraria is 2d Minecraft. With guns.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 179