Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331434 times)

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1335 on: December 11, 2016, 09:21:45 pm »

Morrowind had a spell creation system (so did Oblivion, but Morrowind's is better IMO).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 11, 2016, 10:01:39 pm »

Morrowind had a spell creation system (so did Oblivion, but Morrowind's is better IMO).

Yes, I quite enjoy it as well--the main downfall of both is their lack of time manipulation. BUUUT, if I had a PC I'd probably go with Oblivion for this itch, if only because some of the mods add literally like thousands of new spells and open enchanting up hardcore.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 11, 2016, 11:54:47 pm »

There's horror games that are startling, horror games with unsettling themes, horror games that create tension with mechanical difficulty, and really good horror games that use all three.

What's a horror game that grosses you out? I don't even care if it's especially good, as long as it turns your stomach.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 12, 2016, 09:18:13 am »

Yes, I quite enjoy it as well--the main downfall of both is their lack of time manipulation. BUUUT, if I had a PC I'd probably go with Oblivion for this itch, if only because some of the mods add literally like thousands of new spells and open enchanting up hardcore.

Lichdom Battlemage also centres around customising thousands of spells. As I understand it the reviews are mixed, but bundlestars currently has it available for only $1, so maybe it's worth the shot for you?

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/dollar-dash-2

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 22, 2016, 10:16:14 pm »

A somewhat in depth ( not just a first person shooter with the plot behind it ) game with some rebels fighting oppression plot, like the Just Cause series, Homefront, XCOM 2, Liberal Crime Squad, Republic the Revolution, Red Faction, etc...

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 23, 2016, 04:10:30 am »

There's horror games that are startling, horror games with unsettling themes, horror games that create tension with mechanical difficulty, and really good horror games that use all three.

What's a horror game that grosses you out? I don't even care if it's especially good, as long as it turns your stomach.

I haven't played any of the following (gore/grossness isn't my thing), but I'm a fan of horror games generally and know that these ones have a reputation for being that kind of 'visceral' horror that appeals to some.

Harvester
Demonophobia
Saya no Uta
Phantasmagoria

Demonophobia's probably the most disturbing of the bunch for me (excluding Harvester, which was unsettling because I found the themes and ideas presented rather agreeable in a twisted philosophy...), though you can get much of it by viewing a Lets Play series of it. (With the death montages. That punching death that takes like five minutes... or that sloooow vine trap... or the fridge horror moment of the ending...

Saya no Uta, on the other hand, is more tragic romance. Recommended, though I'm not so sure it belongs in a list for horror, despite its surface appearance.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 28, 2016, 07:47:23 pm »

Looking for strategy/4X games where normal humans using technology can stand equal or actually win against fantastic magical beasts and races.

Examples of the kind of thing I'm talking about is: Endless Legend (the Vaulters and their semi-tech looking Marines and Dawn Officers), Age of Wonders III (Human Dreadnoughts and their faction) and Rise of Legends (The Vinci vs the two magical/fantasy tech factions).
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 29, 2016, 05:26:22 am »

I'm looking for any Dwarf Fortress kinda game.
I really like Rimworld but I played it to death. Banished is IMO not complex enough.
Is Stonehearth recommendable?
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 29, 2016, 06:07:23 am »

I'm looking for games with lots of races, classes, items, and randomness. For example dungeon crawl stone soup or the Binding of Issac.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 29, 2016, 06:54:57 am »

I'm looking for games with lots of races, classes, items, and randomness. For example dungeon crawl stone soup or the Binding of Issac.

Tales of Maj'Eyal, perhaps? Probably my favourite roguelike. You can find it on Steam for a couple of bucks.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 29, 2016, 07:02:33 am »

Got a new laptop, looking for some new games. Any ideas?
Spoiler: I Already Have: (click to show/hide)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 29, 2016, 07:07:42 am »

Tales of Maj'Eyal, perhaps? Probably my favourite roguelike. You can find it on Steam for a couple of bucks.

Played it :P

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 29, 2016, 07:11:11 am »

Got a new laptop, looking for some new games. Any ideas?
Spoiler: I Already Have: (click to show/hide)

I could name hundreds. Going to need more to go on than a handful of good games. But I guess I'll start with The Darkest Dungeon and The Binding of Issac.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 31, 2016, 02:20:33 pm »

Rimworld, Battle Brothers, Sunless Sea (bit unrelated to your requests but it's wicked), Halcyon 6, FTL, Factorio.

They're all pretty excellent IMO.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 31, 2016, 07:14:22 pm »

I'm looking for any Dwarf Fortress kinda game.
I really like Rimworld but I played it to death. Banished is IMO not complex enough.
Is Stonehearth recommendable?

Have you tried Gnomoria?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 179