Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331160 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #825 on: November 09, 2015, 03:11:25 pm »

It also has katanas that can slice bullets in half.
I was not made aware of this. Please cite your sources.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 09, 2015, 03:19:10 pm »

The (preview? demo? short free version from a while back) said SUPER HOT an awful lot. It was kind of annoying!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 09, 2015, 03:23:15 pm »

At the end of levels only, wasn't it?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 09, 2015, 03:33:40 pm »

I don't actually remember anymore. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 09, 2015, 06:19:25 pm »

I can't get away from it all in real life so I'm going to allow digital me to do it instead.

I would like the best sandbox rpg crafting construction thing out there.

I have a few requirements:

• I want to be able to do everything myself but I don't want to do it all outright. Games like Life is Feudal and Wurm Unlimited count as I, as the server owner, can change skill caps. Games like Minecraft don't as there's a lack of the type of progression I want.
  • As mentioned previously, I would really like a dedicated server option. The server would be up pretty much 24/7 but being able to do my own thing off by myself while having some kind of chat would be nice.
  • Elements of procedural generation/infinite worlds. I already own Life is Feudal and the only reason I'm not playing it right now is because there's one map. The only difference between servers is ore distribution.
  • Somewhat nice looking construction. Voxels are nice and all but (Space Engineers example time) I don't necessarily want all walls to be at least 2.5m thick. This is where Ark handles things nicely.
  • (Nice-to-have) Open construction. This is another area where Life is Feudal falls on its face. I don't want to just plonk down one-floor structures. Being able to design a floorplan and have multiple levels like in Wurm would be nice.

I've gone through Steam and there's just a massive number of games in various states of playability. The aforementioned Wurm Unlimited, Life is Feudal, Space Engineers, and Ark. Grav, Empyrion, Farlight Explorers, Eden Star, Planet Explorers, the list goes on and on. That's where B12 comes in - surely people in this thread have played at least a few of these.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 09, 2015, 06:35:21 pm »

Someone here used to run a server for Cataclysm DDA.  Would that do?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 09, 2015, 06:42:39 pm »

Wurm has been around for a long time before unlimited was released. It's ridiculously time consuming.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 09, 2015, 06:44:59 pm »

Someone here used to run a server for Cataclysm DDA.  Would that do?

I suppose it would. I was kind of hoping for something that wasn't a roguelike - Unreal World is basically the shiz when it comes to this kind of thing.

Wurm has been around for a long time before unlimited was released. It's ridiculously time consuming.

That's another positive for it, yeah. I played with a DF settlement several years back but never sprung for a subscription.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 09, 2015, 06:58:21 pm »

There's also the X3 series, which let you build up trade empires and potentially take over sectors and crush existing empires at some point. Also incredibly time consuming, but in space. Albion prelude is the most advanced/recent one, but I don't really know what's different between it and X3:TC (Terran conflict).

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 09, 2015, 08:14:13 pm »

There's also the X3 series, which let you build up trade empires and potentially take over sectors and crush existing empires at some point. Also incredibly time consuming, but in space. Albion prelude is the most advanced/recent one, but I don't really know what's different between it and X3:TC (Terran conflict).

AP added an (exploitable) stock market and some sectors are engulfed in war that destroys any stations you put there sooner or later.
Also some mods use AP and are incompatible with TC.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #835 on: November 14, 2015, 03:35:54 pm »

So I finally decided to play through Dark Souls, which I got through a Humble Bundle a few months ago and sort of forgot about for a while. I'm getting toward the end of it, and I enjoyed every bit of it (under a rather masochistic definition of "enjoyed").

So my questions are:
  • How do DS2 and Bloodborne compare?
  • Any other strategically-interesting action rpgs to suggest?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 14, 2015, 04:38:26 pm »

Dark Souls Two is much of the same, except for the mechanic where you lose bits of your health bar every time you die as a Hollow until you restore yourself to human.

Bloodborne is like Dark Souls, but much, much more fast-paced, and there are no (effective) shields in the game, so you rely on dodging.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 19, 2015, 07:47:39 am »

Im looking something for my Android phone.
It seems i'm too demanding maybe. I want game that is hard and interesting.
Not a kiddie game which plays itself and you just watch pretty colors go by.
It would be awesome if it is some sort multiplayer/mmo.
Something i can get into when i'm not home for few days.

And i've not into clash of clans or similar clones :)
Give me your best suggestions, thank you.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 19, 2015, 08:11:18 am »

Hearthstone or any decent TCG. (assuming you have an internet connection)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 19, 2015, 02:25:45 pm »

I'm curious. What's a good educational game? Not a "you might learn something if you have guidance while you play" game. I want a game where you come out of the game knowing more than you did going in, and that was exactly what the game was designed to do. Are there any good games like that?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 179