Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331147 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #780 on: October 16, 2015, 02:01:15 pm »

I'm looking for a good single-player phone game that isn't super timegated.

So that pretty much excludes 99% of the google store.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 16, 2015, 02:04:14 pm »

Something I can play for 30 seconds with a fun mechanic., that's fairly relaxing and uncomplex, but involves reasonably engaging stuff. Or anything really quick, really.
One wheel short of a wagon

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 16, 2015, 02:11:51 pm »

what sort?  rpg?  scrolling shooter?  puzzle?

This guy makes good stuff. the free versions have ads or lack some powerful classes, not time limits: https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=6566178840531972758&hl=en

edit:  the above was a response to the previous page, not to NWJ2000

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:36:03 pm by puke »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 16, 2015, 02:15:23 pm »

Something I can play for 30 seconds with a fun mechanic., that's fairly relaxing and uncomplex, but involves reasonably engaging stuff. Or anything really quick, really.
Desktop Dungeons.  Its like a roguelike but super-compressed.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 16, 2015, 02:37:54 pm »

Fallen London.  Literally, you could play 30 seconds at a time and its fairly relaxing and uncomplex.  If you like the writing and the fiction, it can be engaging.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 16, 2015, 02:56:28 pm »

what sort?  rpg?  scrolling shooter?  puzzle?

This guy makes good stuff. the free versions have ads or lack some powerful classes, not time limits: https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=6566178840531972758&hl=en

edit:  the above was a response to the previous page, not to NWJ2000

Ty, I really didn't care what kinda games, so long as it wasn't "Click build - WAIT 20 HOURS" type of thing.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 16, 2015, 03:02:00 pm »

Glorkian Warrior.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 16, 2015, 03:34:46 pm »

Desktop Dungeons.  Its like a roguelike but super-compressed.
I was gonna suggest that. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 18, 2015, 07:18:10 am »

Thanks, that was a great suggestion, Desktop Dungeons. Apparently the first level is not unbeatable, just very, very hard for me. But gives a real buzz for winning.
One wheel short of a wagon

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 20, 2015, 07:34:06 am »

So, I need a new game.

The game I'm looking for definitly needs to have an open world, preferably open ended too. That means that I want to set my own goals, do whatever I want to do, etc. And I don't mean an "Elder Scrolls" type of open world, where I still have some quest to save the world or whatever that I can decide to ignore. I'm searching for a open world alá X-series where I'm completely free to do what I want and keep playing for as long as I want.

However, it should offer some sort of sense of progression. I definitly want something where I can level up or grow bigger or stronger or whatever. The more complex the game system is, the better. If I can spend hours planning out my character/avatar/whatever, that would be glorious. However, it shouldn'd require me to constantly play the game just keep up.

Ideally, I would be able to play a "peaceful" game, building up things like in a economic sim. However, combat should exist, even if optionally. Setting doesn't really matter. I do like fantasy/medieval a bit more than sci-fi, though.

Also, the game should be free (I'm piss poor and need the money for food) and have low system requirements.

It's hard to describe exactly what I meant, so I'm going to list a few games I enjoyed:

DwarfFortress: 'nuff said.
X-series: probably exactly what I'm looking for right now, unfortunatly I can't play the game on my laptop due to system requirements
CataDDA: Open ended, open world with a lot of complex stuff I can get into
Haven&Hearth: really cool to play, but it requires me to constantly play the game...
The Guild series: can do what I want, build up my empire at a leisurely pace, but the game is pretty much flawed
UnrealWorld: good game, but lacks character interaction and basic stuff to do, once you're set

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 20, 2015, 08:15:14 am »

Elona?

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 20, 2015, 12:41:21 pm »

If you can afford for it to be online-only, maybe Wayfar 1444? There's a thread and LP of it on forums.

There's also Wayward, although it lacks character interaction even more than Unreal World.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 23, 2015, 10:24:14 am »

I bought a new joystick a while ago, still haven't got anything to play with it. What good space games have I missed? I have X3 etc., but was hoping for something with a bit more of a solid story. Was going to get Elite: Dangerous, but I guess the next expansion is going to be a stand alone full priced? So I kinda want to wait for that?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 23, 2015, 10:49:09 am »

What good space games have I missed? I have X3 etc., but was hoping for something with a bit more of a solid story.

Assuming you mean cockpit simulators, based on your mention of a joystick.  None leap immediatly to mind, though I am certain I have seen mention of a few. 

If over-the-shoulder is okay, I heard great things about Strike Suit Zero (and SS Infinity) though I never played them. 

Also, check out this guy:  http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/

He is on top of just about everything, and has brought up a bunch of space games I'd have completely missed otherwise. 

His video reviews and 'let's play' stuff can encompass anything from 4x to arcade shooters, from old classics to just-released.  Scroll through his history, or take a look at his twitter feed and you'll find a huge list of space games.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 23, 2015, 11:01:16 am »

what about this one:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/290300/

Rebel Galaxy does not look like a hardcore cockpit sim like X or Elite, but the videos have a fair few first-person cockpit and gun turret moments, and it looks like it should tick the "solid story" box for you.

edit:  acutally, it looks 2D.  Amazing 3d graphics, but it looks like everything is moving on a plane.  Not great use of a joystick, even if the game does look cool.

How about Void Destroyer?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:03:45 am by puke »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 179