Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331029 times)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #630 on: June 19, 2015, 07:06:19 am »

Looking for some city/kingdom builder with rpg elements, like you got your own char that you lvl up, but you also build your army etc.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 19, 2015, 07:36:36 am »

Looking for some city/kingdom builder with rpg elements, like you got your own char that you lvl up, but you also build your army etc.

Spellforce : The Order of Dawn?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 19, 2015, 01:09:44 pm »

something less linear? i just want some sandbox mode

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 19, 2015, 01:24:33 pm »

Majesty 1.
Altho you don'y have any dorect control over any hero.

Mount and Blade.
(you can own buisnesses and later villages and cities)

The guild
(Run a merchant dynasty or criminal underground in a medieval city.)

Tropico
(El Presidente is a character there with skills and traits you level up during the course of the game altho this varies from game to game.)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 19, 2015, 01:39:32 pm »

Looking for an arcade racer with a track/race editor utility.
The cars need to be realistic but don't have to be licensed.

Anyone?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #635 on: June 19, 2015, 02:50:44 pm »

Majesty 1.
Altho you don'y have any dorect control over any hero.

Mount and Blade.
(you can own buisnesses and later villages and cities)
Seconded.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 19, 2015, 11:31:58 pm »

Lords of Magic Special Edition (not the original, I hear it's incredibly broken) if you don't mind a very old game.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 07, 2015, 04:35:18 pm »

Is there anything like Rockstar Ate my Hamster, but with deeper and more complex interaction?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 08, 2015, 05:38:03 pm »

I'm looking for an open world game where you are an insignificant being surrounded by many strong beings, and you have to survive and eventually destroy them while becoming stronger yourself. I'm not talking about "fight weaker creatures for exp and loot to fight bigger creatures", I want something that involves some clever thinking on technique to win. Games that might involve this that I've already played, CK2, EU4, agario. And don't you dare suggest those shitty browser based games.

I don't care if it's 3D, 2D, ASCII, whatever.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 08, 2015, 05:50:37 pm »

Shadow of the Colossus could count. Each enemy takes it's own strategy, and all but 2 are MUCH bigger than you. However you never get stronger except for more stamina.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 08, 2015, 06:46:12 pm »

I'm looking for an open world game where you are an insignificant being surrounded by many strong beings, and you have to survive and eventually destroy them while becoming stronger yourself.

This might be an odd answer to that question, but how about Endgame: Singularity?  Play an AI desperately hiding from humanity, as you will be destroyed as soon as you are discovered.  Eventually build up resources and knowledge to become a transcendent being.

You dont exactly "destroy your enemies" in the sense that you do in a game like Pandemic, but you do work under the constant threat of a vastly superior force.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 08, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »

Recommend me an extremely complex ASCII game that isn't dwarf fortress Cataclysm DDA Caves of Qud or anything involving a dungeon that you descend multiple floors. Also no super old ones like ADOM

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 08, 2015, 10:09:10 pm »

I'm looking for an open world game where you are an insignificant being surrounded by many strong beings, and you have to survive and eventually destroy them while becoming stronger yourself. I'm not talking about "fight weaker creatures for exp and loot to fight bigger creatures", I want something that involves some clever thinking on technique to win. Games that might involve this that I've already played, CK2, EU4, agario. And don't you dare suggest those shitty browser based games.

Don't Starve. You really are insignificant- surviving is difficult in the vast majority of the worlds. Throw in OP creatures and things that never seem right... it's difficult.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 08, 2015, 11:46:17 pm »

Cogmind might fit what you're looking for.  You play as a rogue sentient robot in a machine hive, taking pieces of other robots and grafting them onto yourself.  As you take damage your individual parts get blown off and need to be replaced.

Its not exactly open world and its not without an progression system, but... brute force and/or grinding are certainly not enough to win.  Not sure where the project's at, but the free prototype version is plenty good and very, very few people have ever beaten it (1 that I know of).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 09, 2015, 01:41:39 am »

Recommend me an extremely complex ASCII game that isn't dwarf fortress Cataclysm DDA Caves of Qud or anything involving a dungeon that you descend multiple floors. Also no super old ones like ADOM

Cogmind /is/ a good bet, though you are essentially going up a dungeon.  It does not play like a dungeon crawler though.   The new version is available in beta for $30 i think, and it rocks your socks.  Best ascii UI ever.

Omega is pretty ancient, but it has an overworld and is mostly cities.  There are a dungeons, but cities and guilds are a big part of the game.  Was one of the DF inspirations.

Liberal Crime Squad is an ascii game, and very complex with lots to do.  Are they still developing it?  Basically modders took it over and made their own semi official releases after Toady and Theetoe were finished with it.

Some BBS door games come to mind, like Operation Overkill and TradeWars 2002.  Can probably play them online these days.

Also, some things like ASCII Sector (privateer clone) and x@com are good and more complex than dungeon crawlers but not totally insane.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 179