Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 330954 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #525 on: May 04, 2015, 02:09:59 pm »

Soldat. It had headshots but arm/leg shots were jsut count as regular body shots and it was impossible to shoot someones arm off without killing him.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 05, 2015, 01:41:25 am »

Cortex Command is on the right track, but I'd like a game where limb dmg is more prominent.
Like Happy Wheels.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 05, 2015, 04:44:23 am »

Well i think limb damage in cortex commande i very promiminent. Lose both arms and you can't use a gun. Lose both legs and... turn into a jetpacking god of death.
Blood loss happening after you lose a limb ETC.
Self promotion below.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 05, 2015, 04:49:48 am »

Well i think limb damage in cortex commande i very promiminent. Lose both arms and you can't use a gun. Lose both legs and... turn into a jetpacking god of death.

Jet packing? Does the blood spurting out of the stumps propel you through the air?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 05, 2015, 04:52:50 am »

Unless you are a robot and blood loss is less of an issue.  I agree, it is very relevant. 

Sniping off arms from otherwise well armored targets is a valid tactic.  Or legs from someone you know to have a short range weapon.

As for jetpacking, you get better speed and range when you lose the excess weight of your legs :)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 05, 2015, 05:25:00 am »

Unless you are a robot and blood loss is less of an issue.  I agree, it is very relevant. 

Sniping off arms from otherwise well armored targets is a valid tactic.  Or legs from someone you know to have a short range weapon.

As for jetpacking, you get better speed and range when you lose the excess weight of your legs :)

Sniping off arms sounds like the problem people found in Dwarf Fortress. Wearing a breastplate is all well and good for protecting your torso, but your arms are unprotected from axes.

Cut off legs, gain speed? Oh, well I suppose if your a robot it's less of an issue.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 05, 2015, 05:27:50 am »

Jet packing? Does the blood spurting out of the stumps propel you through the air?

Jet packs in that game work by appling thrust with a certain ammount of energy on your character. The heavier the character the less efficient the jetpack so if your character loses his legs he becmes FAR lighter adn the jetpack can propell him amazng distancess with amazing speed. in fact jetpack fuel regenerates faster than you can use it if you play as a dummy soldier without legs making it possible to literally fly all game... or more likely untill you slam into an obstacle.
Self promotion below.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 05, 2015, 05:34:32 am »

Whether a legless robot or a legless human, its a safe bet that your jetpack fuel will last the rest of your life ;)

Actually, a few heavy weapons can really weigh you down, so that isn't necessarily true.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 05, 2015, 05:43:18 am »

Oh, ok then! I wasn't able to discern this from youtube LPs.

I'm giving it a try.
Thanks!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 05, 2015, 05:52:54 am »

I want something similar to Factorio...

Recommend me a game!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 05, 2015, 06:37:28 am »

Factorio is one of a kind but it was based on Minecraft machines.
Also Railoroad Tycoon 3 and Open Transport Tycoon give off a similar vibe altho nothing outside of some minecraft mods is really anywhere like it.
Self promotion below.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 05, 2015, 07:11:57 am »

what's that new zachtronics game?  Infinifactory?

maybe also things like the corporate machine, or the incredible machine?  Depends on what parts of factorio you liked.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 08, 2015, 02:50:41 pm »

Recommend me a game!

Factorio is pretty unique, but it somewhat reminds me of space colony and rimworld. What do you like about it specifically?

Also, I feel like playing a game where you are under threat from an overwhelmingly powerful force, and you have to avoid being destroyed by it long enough to deal with it. Yes, I have already played AI War: fleet command.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 08, 2015, 04:22:41 pm »

Factorio is one of a kind but it was based on Minecraft machines.
Also Railoroad Tycoon 3 and Open Transport Tycoon give off a similar vibe altho nothing outside of some minecraft mods is really anywhere like it.
Simutrans is a lot clunkier than OpenTTD, but it's production lines are much more in depth. If you decide to get it I'd recommend the Simutrans-Experimental fork, the main branch hasn't had a release in a few years but Experimental has releases every few months.

++For Minecraft with mods, even Factorio barely comes close to being as in depth as heavily modded Minecraft.

Recommend me a game!
Capitalism 2 might work for you, it has a large production tree with a lot of steps to make some of the products, the factory design isn't nearly as in depth as in Factorio, but it's still a lot of fun.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 08, 2015, 04:39:50 pm »

Capitalism 2 might work for you, it has a large production tree with a lot of steps to make some of the products, the factory design isn't nearly as in depth as in Factorio, but it's still a lot of fun.

I suggest Capitalism Plus over Capitalism 2.  Granted, they're very similar games, so either should do.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 179