Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 330926 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #450 on: March 23, 2015, 10:26:57 pm »

For an unusual request: A game that needs only occasional input (even if extensive input when it does) and runs itself for most part. Or rather, a game that I can read a book while playing, as in, give the orders, designs or so forth and then just pay minimal attention while the orders are carried out. Ideally, I'd want something with some degree of depth and complexity without going all the way to DF itself.

Games I already know about that could fit this:
The Supreme Ruler series
DF itself
Aurora once the turns start to take forever to happen.
Kerbal Space Program with autojeb

So, outside these, more recommendations for it?

Sounds like most city builder games.  SimCity, Tropico, those old Impressions Games like Caesar.  Also there's SimEarth and SimAnt.

There's various browser-based idle games. Cookie Clicker is the prototypical example. There's also Kittens, which does require a small amount of management but generally runs itself once you start making more catnip than you lose during winter.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 24, 2015, 03:05:02 am »

Godville.

Also, Progress Quest, Logging Quest, Inflation RPG... do a search for ZPG or Zero Player Games.

edit:  im not sure Inflation RPG counts as zero player.  I saw it recommended as one, but reading reviews it sounds pretty interactive.  Might not fit here.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:11:06 am by puke »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 24, 2015, 06:35:11 pm »

Majesty!

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 25, 2015, 01:48:47 am »

I'll actually read through the thread tomorrow when I have time, but for now:

Anyone know of any good co-op survival games? All I can think of are Minecraft (which I've played to death already and thus isn't a good option) and Don't Starve (which doesn't have the co-op update yet). Free is optimal of course, though cheap games are potentially viable candidates.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 25, 2015, 06:37:40 am »

I'll actually read through the thread tomorrow when I have time, but for now:

Anyone know of any good co-op survival games? All I can think of are Minecraft (which I've played to death already and thus isn't a good option) and Don't Starve (which doesn't have the co-op update yet). Free is optimal of course, though cheap games are potentially viable candidates.
Rust, The Forest, and Terraria spring to mind.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:54:14 am by NobodyPro »

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 25, 2015, 09:45:16 am »

Haven & Hearth and Project Zomboid can be played co-operatively, and involve survival.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 25, 2015, 03:54:50 pm »

Well i am looking for new games... and i can not find something like this:

Preferences:
turn based strategy and rpg, with a cool crafting system with a cool health system (like DF !! or even like neoScavenger), with no zombies and not in a futuristic situation
Do you know anything like this?
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 25, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »

Well i am looking for new games... and i can not find something like this:

Preferences:
turn based strategy and rpg, with a cool crafting system with a cool health system (like DF !! or even like neoScavenger), with no zombies and not in a futuristic situation
Do you know anything like this?

Do you mean TB strategy or RPG?
If RPG then Unreal World. Strategies don't really have complex health systems or crafting system (but closest to your ideal would probably be something like Heroes of Might & Magic)

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 25, 2015, 04:52:05 pm »

Well i should have mentioned that i love Unreal World...
In fact I would like and rpg OR an TB.

But do you know any cool game with deep crafting and health systems? (forget the strategy thing then... :))
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 25, 2015, 07:44:21 pm »

Ooh I remember this one game. Played it in browser a while ago.
It was called something like New Scavenger. I'll edit in in a link when I find it.

EDIT: Found it pretty fast. It's called NEOScavenger. It has a demo available on the site to see how the general gameplay is.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:45:54 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2015, 08:07:40 pm »

Ooh I remember this one game. Played it in browser a while ago.
It was called something like New Scavenger. I'll edit in in a link when I find it.

EDIT: Found it pretty fast. It's called NEOScavenger. It has a demo available on the site to see how the general gameplay is.

I'd suggest that too but he mentioned playing it and didn't want zombies.
I love survival stuff and I bet a lot of B12ers would like NEO Scavanger though.
It's not exactly my cup of tea, but I played old version so that might have been it.

Oh, and survival games, at least the most interesting/complex ones are usually indie titles due to it being too niche to mainstream development I guess (even though every single survival EA project gets drowned in money before you can say "Steam, don't!").
I used to have a folder of favorite links full of all sorts of interesting EA/indie in-development games.
Gotta check that to see if anything good got released.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:12:40 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 25, 2015, 08:14:01 pm »

Derp, I can't read apparently.
Though I didn't think NEOS had zombies in it. Truth be told I'm pretty terrible at the thing so...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 25, 2015, 09:02:14 pm »

So. A building game, not Minecraft. Doesn't have to be block-based. I'd like to be able to building structures. I.E. Castles, fortifications, manors, etc. I'd like people to use what I build. Anything come to mind?

I really like world-building, and I want to be able to share what I like with others, preferably letting them play in a world or structure that I build. Thoughts?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 27, 2015, 01:10:05 am »

Besiege?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 27, 2015, 01:47:30 am »

So. A building game, not Minecraft. Doesn't have to be block-based. I'd like to be able to building structures. I.E. Castles, fortifications, manors, etc. I'd like people to use what I build. Anything come to mind?

I really like world-building, and I want to be able to share what I like with others, preferably letting them play in a world or structure that I build. Thoughts?

"Blockscape" has a greater amount of control with smaller cubes to make structures out of, though I believe the developer is changing the graphical style of the game from a pretty realistic style to a more cartoony one some time soon.

"Medieval Engineers" allows for building castles, manors and so on. You can make caves in the ground and mechanical devices as well. Structural integrity is important also so you need to make sure walls can support the structure above it or it all starts to collapse. Learn about buttresses and how they can help support higher walls as well as arches and pillars to keep roofs up.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 179