Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331202 times)

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #900 on: December 13, 2015, 02:00:14 am »

desu ex
E.Y.E.
stalker and metro kind of

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 13, 2015, 02:02:22 am »

Yeah, all of those TripJack listed. STALKER is definitely worth even if the games are more "eastern european countryside with buildings and installations all over the place" than a city.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 13, 2015, 08:30:34 am »

Weird. I remember being able to use the mouse with MW4. Might take some finagling with the settings?
Well, you can but it's absolutely awful. Weird acceleration problems that make it night unusable.
MWO is one I overlooked though, thanks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 13, 2015, 09:04:25 am »

I'm looking for a game, any genre, but preferably first-person, with an emphasis on gritty, dark urban environments. Something like Duke Nukem 3D or Quarantine, but possibly more modern. Bonus points if it has a unique color palette.

I've pretty much exhausted every game I know of, but I'd like to think I've missed some.

Malice for Quake

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 13, 2015, 08:42:16 pm »

A good MechWarrior game that also has servicable mouse-aim. I like the concept but I didn't at all grow up in the era of keyboard aimed first person shooters, so I can't really play some of them at all (had a go at the demo or whatever it was of MW4).
I'm looking for a game, any genre, but preferably first-person, with an emphasis on gritty, dark urban environments. Something like Duke Nukem 3D or Quarantine, but possibly more modern. Bonus points if it has a unique color palette.

I've pretty much exhausted every game I know of, but I'd like to think I've missed some.
The Shadowrun game's got grit and urban-ness in spades, if you can deal with turn based + short (but very high quality while it lasts IMO).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 14, 2015, 09:09:35 pm »

Great suggestions, everyone. I appreciate it a lot, though I've played through all of them except for Malice. (Anyone know where I might find that for sale?)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 14, 2015, 09:32:52 pm »

Malice isn't sold anywhere outside of Ebay/Amazon.  It also requires the full version of Quake to play.  It's your basic run-and-gun FPS, but it has a plot and hilariously bad voice acting.  I rather like the whole game.

Gameplay footage
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:34:24 pm by Bouchart »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 14, 2015, 10:09:40 pm »

Have you played Blood or Shadow Warrior? Blood Rayne might be worth looking at but that's 3rd person. Painkiller has some street levels but most aren't. Dying Light is urban if you don't mind zombies.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 17, 2015, 09:15:49 pm »

I want to find a first-person fighting game/brawler. Bay12, assist me or be cursed with a saddened Koss!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 17, 2015, 09:22:35 pm »

I want to find a first-person fighting game/brawler. Bay12, assist me or be cursed with a saddened Koss!
I think there was some first person fighting game called Zeno something or other, the aesthetic is a bit... odd from what I remember, but it's a style and at least it's consistent.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 17, 2015, 09:27:40 pm »

A good Mech fighting game. Preferably with customization. Unlike many people here on Bay12, I come from the Chromehounds tradition rather than the MechWarrior one. So... Any game that isnt MWO! I don't which Armored Core is considered the really good one.

edit: I know that M.A.V. is in development too, can't wait.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 17, 2015, 09:35:41 pm »

Alright. Does anyone know western RPGs which aren't The Elder Scrolls?

The old or new Shadowrun games.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 17, 2015, 11:16:47 pm »

I need a 3D Beat-em-up MMO that is fun. My baby, Splashfighters, closed this year and the sequel GetAmped2 causes me pain because the gameplay changed a lot and it lags like crazy for me. The only other ones I know of are Lost Saga and Rumble Fighter, which I've been meaning to try, but are there any others? Splash was one of my big go-to stress relievers, and I'm waiting for final grades to come in so I need something to fill the hole in my heart.

Or really any MMO with short matches against another team of players that is not difficult to play would be nice.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 22, 2015, 11:25:27 pm »

Looking for a bit of an exploration/building game. With maybe survival aspects. Two games I did the looks of is space engineers and maybe Wurm Online. But I dunno.

I have RUST that I like really well, but RUST forces servers to reset every 1 month and that pissed me off so I don't play it anymore. But I got a TON of game time out of it, until the second reset got too annoying. Don't mind losing stuff to PvP, but not because of a stupid reset every single month lol. That killed it for me.

Didn't like Ark. I got on and saw painted dinosaurs and after two minutes in-game I got a refund. I don't want to play any game where you paint animals.

LOVED Shores of hazeron, but I wouldn't play it again. But I played it when the galaxy was huge and epic, and even with the lag I played so much of it lol. Probably my #2 most played game. And haven and hearth is still probably my #1 most played game.

I just want to play a game with Bay12 though as well, and I'm having a hard time finding anyone still playing games together here. Maybe Wurm Online since the thread is still active, and maybe space engineers, hence why I have my eye on both. But I dunno. I don't want to play just singleplayer and by myself. I have plenty of singleplayer games.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 25, 2015, 12:13:55 am »

Looking for a bit of an exploration/building game. With maybe survival aspects. Two games I did the looks of is space engineers and maybe Wurm Online. But I dunno.

I have RUST that I like really well, but RUST forces servers to reset every 1 month and that pissed me off so I don't play it anymore. But I got a TON of game time out of it, until the second reset got too annoying. Don't mind losing stuff to PvP, but not because of a stupid reset every single month lol. That killed it for me.

Didn't like Ark. I got on and saw painted dinosaurs and after two minutes in-game I got a refund. I don't want to play any game where you paint animals.

LOVED Shores of hazeron, but I wouldn't play it again. But I played it when the galaxy was huge and epic, and even with the lag I played so much of it lol. Probably my #2 most played game. And haven and hearth is still probably my #1 most played game.

I just want to play a game with Bay12 though as well, and I'm having a hard time finding anyone still playing games together here. Maybe Wurm Online since the thread is still active, and maybe space engineers, hence why I have my eye on both. But I dunno. I don't want to play just singleplayer and by myself. I have plenty of singleplayer games.

I really doubt you don't know about this, but minecraft. Download a launcher like ATLauncher or Feed The Beast and use a heavily modded pack for hours of exploration and building.

Also try terraria.

Cataclysm DDA is heavy on survival, but contains exploration and building nonetheless.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 179