Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331048 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #690 on: July 31, 2015, 08:11:38 pm »

Quick, I've got 20 bucks on steam; Viking conquest for M&B warband or Way of the Samurai 4?

Edit: Too slow, went Viking Conquest now that it's been majorly fixed and it's 40% off.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:28:44 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 01, 2015, 09:18:26 am »

Looking for a game where you could play with physics. I mean, material physics. You could destroy things by stabbing a sword on it and flinging rubble, other materials or even crumble a structure to slam a(nother) structure. I'd even more like it if you could just test things.
Space engineers and Besiege both qualifies this. I didn't know Dwarf Fortress(or any mod in particular) qualifies this, since i don't ever see walls crack and crumble(other than caving them in).
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 01, 2015, 09:43:05 am »

Hey guys, I'm looking for a game on the computer in the style of Fire Emblem and Final fantasy tactics advance.  Percent chances to hit, damage, and controlling a large army in tbs basically.
Nom nom nom

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 01, 2015, 12:27:08 pm »

Hey guys, I'm looking for a game on the computer in the style of Fire Emblem and Final fantasy tactics advance.  Percent chances to hit, damage, and controlling a large army in tbs basically.

You might want to take a look at Grotesque Tactics 1 and 2.  Both are on steam.  They're indie and kind of low budget and reviews are a bit all over the place, but they are TBS fantasy games.  They don't take themselves seriously.

If you can handle a PS2 emulator there's Disgaea.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 01, 2015, 12:31:43 pm »

The Emulator idea wasn't something I had thought of but I'm sure my comp can handle it... and if not i can always just buy it, ps2 is the one console I own ha.

I shall check out Grotesque Tactics 1 and 2 however, hopefully it'll sorta scratch the itch... you can only beat fire emblem 1,2 and ff tactics so many times ha.
Nom nom nom

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 01, 2015, 12:45:52 pm »

Keep in mind Disgaea games take a serious commitment, if you plan on getting 100% of everything.  It's not for the faint of heart.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 01, 2015, 12:50:10 pm »

yeah that's fine.  I'm a guy who has over a thousand hours in morrowind spread over... 2, 3 saves, and save-scummed Fire Emblem 1/2 on the hardest difficulty till I could beat em with the best endings for everyone so... yeah hah
Nom nom nom

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 01, 2015, 01:48:33 pm »

You should play Tactics Ogre (with an emulator) if you haven't already.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 01, 2015, 01:53:23 pm »

That was actually the first game I played of the type, excellent game despite it's age.
Nom nom nom

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 01, 2015, 05:52:52 pm »

Well on PC you have... Gorky 17... to an extent. The combat is like a cross of chess and japanese tactical RPGs.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 02, 2015, 12:08:24 am »

You might want to take a look at Grotesque Tactics 1 and 2.  Both are on steam.  They're indie and kind of low budget and reviews are a bit all over the place, but they are TBS fantasy games.  They don't take themselves seriously.

I've played the first one and regret buying it. It's not very good. The graphics are terrible; they're complex enough to waste processing power but so poorly made that it's often difficult to make out what things are, and even when you do the color scheme is still an eyesore
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 02, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »

So after buying Viking Conquest (it's better than Brytenwalda in quality, but sadly is lacking a little in features. Supposedly they do plan some extra content so hesitant yay!) I have enough left to get Age of Wonders 3 Deluxe Edition. Worth?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 03, 2015, 12:36:05 am »

I bought AoW3 at full price and haven't regretted it at all, it's one of my favourite games.  I know others on the forum had less favourable views of it when it launched, but the devs have done quite a lot of work on it since then and at the current sale price I don't really see how you could go wrong with it if you like the genre.

(disclaimer: I have the DLC and besides the obvious I can't remember which features only come with them and which were added to the base game in free patches; disclaimer 2: I might opt for the regular edition rather than deluxe personally, as I rarely find myself playing scenarios and don't listen to the music outside the game)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 03, 2015, 03:31:26 am »

Agree with not bothering with the Deluxe version. The game has an SP campaign if you're after that, and it has random map generation for everything else. Seems hardly worth the money, but maybe that's just me. I got the game fairly late, by that time a lot of the early grievances were fixed. I'd say you definitely want the expansions (they're meaty enough to be called that), but they get on sale constantly so feel free to start with just the base game.

So worth getting, just don't dish out for the deluxe.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 03, 2015, 01:53:10 pm »

Thanks for your input, but sadly, I missed the sale so I'll have to wait for next time.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 179