Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 330933 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #510 on: April 28, 2015, 04:14:04 am »

You know what? I recommend Metro: Last Light for everything. Like shooting games? Metro LL. Adventure? Metro LL has that. Resource management? Metro LL. Enjoy platform games? Screw it, play Metro LL anyway.

EDIT: Just remembered a game with intimidating and scary enemies. How could I forget. Play the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series If you haven't already. Amazing game.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:33:12 am by Micro102 »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 29, 2015, 07:56:55 pm »

What's a good recent Diablo clone? I reeeaaally want to play Diablo 3, but the always-online DRM is still too big a hurdle to overcome for me to actually lay down some money.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 29, 2015, 10:54:27 pm »

Torchlight 2.

I mean its recent in the same sense that Diablo 3 is recent.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 29, 2015, 10:59:45 pm »

I have a loose definition of "recent" :P anything less than a decade old is recent to me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02:29 pm »

What's a good recent Diablo clone? I reeeaaally want to play Diablo 3, but the always-online DRM is still too big a hurdle to overcome for me to actually lay down some money.

Grim Age is one I'm keeping an eye on, though it isn't finished yet and has about another chapter to be added still. Being made by the people who made Titan Quest. I haven't played it as I'm waiting for it to be finished.

"The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing" is pretty fun as well, though it's rather short all up and your character has a max level of 30. You can import your character into the second (level cap of 60) and third games but there's the downside, buying three games.
It has an endless mode where your character keeps fighting against stronger and stronger opponents, there's also a tower defence type game where you defend against waves using traps and your character.
Another bit of annoyance is that two classes and an upgrade to your constant follower (A ghost) are available as DLC. They're not too expensive so all together it costs about $25.00 USD including the base game.

I haven't played the 2nd and 3rd instalments of TIAOVH.

I would still recommend looking into Sacred 2. It's silly and could be difficult to run (I have stuttering lag since I updated to Windows 64bit. Since fixed, turning off PhysX or somesuch called thing in graphic settings in game solved the problem.) but the scope of the game world and variety is quite impressive. There is a community patch that fixes bugs and adds new content.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:08:35 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 30, 2015, 12:06:35 am »

Path of Exile's really good, very interesting skill system and huge passive skill tree. It also has a very fair free to play system, the only things you can buy that effect gameplay at all are bank slots and character slots. The only downside is it takes a few hours for the gameplay to start feeling really good, and since it's online lag can be a problem.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 30, 2015, 12:08:16 am »

If you can whip out a Gamecube there's Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 30, 2015, 01:42:02 am »

I have a loose definition of "recent" :P anything less than a decade old is recent to me.
titan quest is worth a spin, it's only 9 years old :D

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 30, 2015, 02:58:47 am »

I'll second Torchlight and Titan's Quest. On a side note, if you're up for something diablo-esque but very different, there's also Borderlands which is a first-person-shooter diablo-esque game series (quite fun).

seaturtlehorsesnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 30, 2015, 04:49:03 am »

i'd like to find a nice platformer that's mainly based around exploration, and features little in the way of fighting or enemies.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 30, 2015, 06:09:45 am »

i'd like to find a nice platformer that's mainly based around exploration, and features little in the way of fighting or enemies.

I think you will want to try Iji.
You can fight enemies but you will only get a happy ending if you refrain from killing anyone (beyond some bosses). Also the storyline is different depending on how many people you killed.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

seaturtlehorsesnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 30, 2015, 06:18:11 pm »

I think you will want to try Iji.
You can fight enemies but you will only get a happy ending if you refrain from killing anyone (beyond some bosses). Also the storyline is different depending on how many people you killed.

i've heard of it, still haven't tried it, so thanks. i'll give it a go.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 04, 2015, 01:44:23 pm »

I'm looking for 2D platformer/side-scrolling shooting games where individual limbs and other areas on the body can be targeted and will affect further gameplay in some way. This should hold true for at least the player character.

Multiplayer would be great, but singleplayer is fine too. As long as it isn't a zombie shooting game.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:54:23 pm by dorf »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 04, 2015, 01:53:59 pm »

I'm looking for a 2D platformer/side-scrolling shooting game where individual limbs and other areas on the body can be targeted and will affect further gameplay in some way.

Cortex Command.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 04, 2015, 02:05:21 pm »

recently updated, as well.

What was the old (2000's, i think) game it was loosely based on / inspired by?  Soldiers?  Soldat?  Infantry?  Something like that.  I think it has limb injuries as well, but man it's been a long time.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 179