Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 330770 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #2490 on: March 16, 2022, 11:41:49 am »

I remember Fallout had a bunch of stuff to read on computers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: March 16, 2022, 11:30:33 pm »

I remember Fallout had a bunch of stuff to read on computers.

Something happened when pasted that image address, this works in the preview:
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: March 17, 2022, 10:57:49 am »

To add on this, playing a very low intelligence character in the old Fallout is really an experience to try.
From the start you can even feel the despair of your tribe shaman that send you to get the item that should save your tribe, knowing they're probably all doomed because there's no way you'll get things done :D

But in the same time it's much much harder too as most NPC that could be usefull in normal condition will not help/join (as most of the NPC will treat you like crap, showing their true color and most will enjoy to just humiliate you) and the majority of quests will become impossible to obtain or complete (some towns become useless for your character as you will have nothing to do) because your character is too stupid to figure out some basic stuff required. 

A good tip would be to always have those pills that increase temporarly your intelligence when you need to talk to one of the quest giver, but doing so also defeat the point of playing a low intelligence character. You can always try to take revenge on every NPC that humiliate you , but that's going to be a long list of people that will get hostile to you once you start killing.

I wonder if the game storyline is actually completable with such character as i never went past mid-game myself with that kind of build (as the too few quests that are possible with low intelligence to obtain made the game a bit too flat).

« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:02:32 am by Robsoie »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: March 17, 2022, 11:50:18 pm »

Playing a Mentat-dependent dumbass sounds funny though, tbh.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: March 18, 2022, 03:12:22 am »

I've never done it myself, but I've heard that it's very much doable with a no-int character... And actually easier than it sounds because you're reallocating those points into combat focused stuff.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: March 18, 2022, 03:19:03 am »

IIRC with low int scores you get almost no skill points per level, so you end up pretty much locked into initial combat effectiveness. Which is respectable when you're spearing rad scorpions in the opening chapters, but quickly leaves you underpowered as compared to high-int characters. You can cheese it with mentats a bit, taking them before levelling up, but there's only so many you can reliably get your hands on.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: March 18, 2022, 03:29:06 am »

They skewer the low-int experience a bit in the second game where there's a particularly dumb NPC. If you're his intellectual equal, you'll have a meaningful conversation with him that'd otherwise end up being nonsense and babytalk.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: March 18, 2022, 10:11:11 pm »

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, the spiritual successor of the first two Fallout games, balances it further with a mandatory starting companion that can help you out a bit.  I also found that game was surprisingly easy as a strong melee focused character.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: March 19, 2022, 10:15:39 am »

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, the spiritual successor of the first two Fallout games, balances it further with a mandatory starting companion that can help you out a bit.  I also found that game was surprisingly easy as a strong melee focused character.

But melee is not the best at the part where you engage in prostitution.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: March 19, 2022, 04:57:04 pm »

I'd think engaging in prostitution at melee range would be preferable than at a distance?  ??? ...  8)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: March 20, 2022, 11:48:58 am »

I'd think engaging in prostitution at melee range would be preferable than at a distance?  ??? ...  8)

Tell that to onlyfans. Ranged prostitution is clearly preferred over melee these days.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: March 21, 2022, 01:28:41 am »

Would phone sex count as ranged prostitution?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: March 21, 2022, 01:31:59 am »

...but they also have Magic

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: March 30, 2022, 09:36:32 am »

Kindof a reverse recommend question.
I'm pondering getting Project Hospital while it's on sale.
Anyone play it? Is it any good?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: March 30, 2022, 10:42:53 am »

Kindof a reverse recommend question.
I'm pondering getting Project Hospital while it's on sale.
Anyone play it? Is it any good?
Good Question!
Maybe you could get it and tell us?  :P

Related: Simfest Hobby Edition
Need to find a game to spend money on? Here you go!  Live streams of various types of sim games.  You're sure to find something that 'Must Have'!
...at least all the featured games are at least slightly discounted.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 179