Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: [ORC] The Proud Orcish Rebalance  (Read 23344 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [ORC] The Proud Orcish Rebalance
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2014, 06:53:25 am »

The list is very helpful for people that want to chime in. Maybe add it to the first post.

Do you want orc-specific illumination, or just the dwarven one? I can write some for orcs if you want and add them to rendermax.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2014, 09:39:17 am »

The list is very helpful for people that want to chime in. Maybe add it to the first post.

Dang it, it's really frustrating how phpBB doesn't allow other people to edit my top-posts. I'm going to turn them into wikis, but I'm going to need at least another mug of coffee to write the second part of the software. (I just finished the markdown -> phpBB converter now. ;) )

Do you want orc-specific illumination, or just the dwarven one? I can write some for orcs if you want and add them to rendermax.

I'm quite happy with the orc-specific ones. They're now craftable at the boneyard, although I haven't added reactions for the other workshops.

~ T

Hey there, this is Teellox's bot modifying a post!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:35:33 am by Urist McTeellox »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2014, 09:55:37 am »

I didnt realize you had orc specific ones already. My bad.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2014, 09:57:52 am »

Hey Meph, what weapons do the Frost Giants use? Cos I'm trying to work out loot for betraying your allies and raiding them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2014, 09:59:34 am »

[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD:FORCED]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_HANDER_ZWEI:FORCED]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MAUL:FORCED]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_GREAT:FORCED]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_METEOR:FORCED]

Material is usually wolfram.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2014, 10:00:36 am »

Excellent, this works perfectly for me... How do you feel about giving Frost Giants runic tattoo tech which can be stolen from them?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:55 am »

I never got a nice setup for tattoos, so why not? You mean on armor?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2014, 10:28:58 am »

I didnt realize you had orc specific ones already. My bad.

D'oh, I meant dwarf-specific ones. :)

Top-post is almost community editable. :)

~ T

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2014, 10:36:11 am »

I meant flesh, because dwarves already give runes. Is that possible or should I look for something different? Maybe a new weapon society codex.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2014, 12:15:00 pm »

Huzah! I've just turned phpBB into a wiki. :)

You can now edit the top-post on github. I need to pull a lever to send the changes to the forum, but eventually we'll set up some sort of a repeater involving a goblin and a kitten, so that will be completely automatic.  Please add anything you think it's missing, and be bold with your edits, all changes are tracked and they're super-easy to revert.

And now it's definitely bedtime for me!

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2014, 03:59:13 pm »

Honouring dead ancestors?

If we have a way to trigger off a citizen's death, we can have them drop a special item that can be used to make things in their honour.

Well, you have three options: Using orc corpses in reactions that give a buriable corpse item and an extra item. Or itemcorpses. Or interactions cast on corpses by dreamwalkers, spawning an item with syndrometrigger.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2014, 06:24:35 pm »

What exactly is the difference between the Ancient Champions stuff made in the Ancient Foundry and orichalcum stuff forged in a metalsmiths forge?

Edit: Dumb question, you can't make that stuff in the normal forge.  New question: Is there anything special about the Ancient Champion's gear, or is it just orichalcum armor and weapons?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:30:03 pm by CptCrunchy »
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2014, 06:40:47 pm »

Orcs can pretty much start with steel simply by burning trees for ash; butchering animals, and converting their meat into blood, and using their bones with said blood and ash to make bloodsteel.

2 Ash, 1 Stack of Bones = 1 Ironbone.
1 Ash, 1 Ironbone, 5 Units of Blood = 1 Bloodsteel.
5 Units of Blood = 1 stack of meat.
3 Ash = 3 logs or other objects.

1 Sword/Axe cost 9 bars.

Thats burning 27 logs/items, 9 stacks of bones and 9 stacks of meat, and takes 55 worksteps. (27x burning ash, 9x extracting blood, 9x ironbone making, 9x bloodsteel making, 1x forge.) + fuel.

The blood could have given 50 units of drinks, the ash/wood could have been used to make fuel or furniture or fertilizer, the 9 stacks of meat would have been eaten/cooked and traded, and the 9 stacks of bones would have made... a lot of bone ammo. At least 45 bolts/arrows.

Not sure if you looked at it that way before. ;)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2014, 07:27:27 pm »

2 Ash, 1 Stack of Bones = 1 Ironbone.
1 Ash, 1 Ironbone, 5 Units of Blood = 1 Bloodsteel.
5 Units of Blood = 1 stack of meat.
3 Ash = 3 logs or other objects.

1 Sword/Axe cost 9 bars.

Nine? Really? In vanilla all weapons take a single bar to craft, although for some reason I thought it was three. Is nine a Masterwork change?

Obviously this changes my thoughts about bloodsteel by an order of magnitude. ;)

Thats burning 27 logs/items, 9 stacks of bones and 9 stacks of meat, and takes 55 worksteps. (27x burning ash, 9x extracting blood, 9x ironbone making, 9x bloodsteel making, 1x forge.) + fuel.

So, it looks like the limiting reagent here is ash. I'm actually pretty happy with that.

Not sure if you looked at it that way before. ;)

No, I hadn't, and I really appreciate you pointing it out to me. I thought bloodsteel was much more accessible than it really is.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_HANDER_ZWEI]
German 2-handed sword. Longest two handed sword to ever exist.
[NAME:zweihander:zweihander]
[SIZE:1200]
[SKILL:SWORD]
[TWO_HANDED:77500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:57500]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:15]

Material Size = 15. 15 bars. For 1 two-handed sword. Long swords costs 9, short swords cost 6.

Its actually unintentional. It was 3 to 1 in previous DF versions, so MATERIAL_SIZE:6 meant 2 bars, and 9 was 3 bars. 15 was 5 bars for the two-handed weapons. Apparently Toady One changed that in some update, and no one mentioned to me that the items are a bit pricy. ^^

I am a bit undecided if I should keep it that expensive, or if I should divide all sizes by 3.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13