Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Most Brutal/Badass Things You've Done Thread  (Read 52774 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Most Brutal/Badass Things You've Done Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2014, 12:28:52 pm »

Weird, everyone who plays outsiders always seems to start as a female character. As far as I've read.

It's because they spawn naked, I'd imagine.

Hahahahahaha.

The only outsider I did was a thrower. He got a quest to kill some "night hag" or whatever.

No biggie.

Before I could get close enough to throw, he beat my face in.

Never making an outsider again.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2014, 02:08:44 pm »

I have modded boots (ITEM_BOOT_THIGH) that cover the upper leg, modded breastplate (ITEM_ARMOR_FULL) that covers the throat, modded gloves (ITEM_GLOVES_HIGH) that cover the upper arms, and a modded chain shirt (ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_DRESS) that covers the entire body.
So your boots replace pants(but leave lower body vulnerable, don't let anyone shoot you in the ass). The breastplate, assuming you have UBSTEP:1, covers the throat and upper arms, so they have extra protection from the gloves as well. Your chain dress is a lovely metal version of a cloak.
-and unless you get into melee with a ranged weapon, the material it's made of really doesn't matter.
Also, there are very few places where an adventurer can use ranged weapons without entering melee. Better safe with platinum or gold. Silver if you plan on finding them without the reaction.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2014, 04:34:55 pm »

So your boots replace pants(but leave lower body vulnerable, don't let anyone shoot you in the ass). The breastplate, assuming you have UBSTEP:1, covers the throat and upper arms, so they have extra protection from the gloves as well. Your chain dress is a lovely metal version of a cloak.

Actually, the breastplate has LBSTEP:1 too, and thus covers my ass (literally).  I would've preferred to have it not cover the upper arms ( my original idea was basically a plate-tunic and gorget).  The chain dress is, quite literally, a chain mail shirt that gives the same amount of coverage as a dress (which covers everything like a cloak, yes).  Alternatively, if you like, imagine a chain-mail catsuit (oh God that must chafe!)

As to the ranged weapon thing...  You're absolutely correct.  Which is why my weapon of choice is a large, serrated disc.  My adventurer is basically the lovechild of Tira from Soulcalibur and Sivir from LoL ^_^
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2014, 04:53:47 pm »

So, I killed a vampire. I was covered in blood and took care not to wash it off. Later, on my way to a necro tower, I had to cross a river.

I was forced to lick it off then and there. So I continued onward to the necro tower. The zombies didn't bug me, so I just continued onward. Before the necromancers could reach me, I grabbed the book and read it over the course of three seconds. Then I beat up the 'mancers and reanimated their corpses.

With only my undead slaves as my companions, I returned. I quickly notified some guy of my success, and he thanked me.

Then he got eaten by zombies.

Then everyone else got eaten by zombies.

So, my massive dwarven zombie army marched onward. I figured I'd have to take care of a quest, run back and tell someone I won, and ask for another quest before my zombies ate them.

So I approached the bandit camp I was sent to, but they had a head start on us. A huge group of bandits arrived, planning to take us out. We overpowered them by sheer force; I would occasionally dismember a bandit who was too close and reanimate him, and I'd reanimate any fallen friends worker bees and fallen morons bandits.

At the end, my slave army's numbers approached two pages, and we marched onward.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2014, 06:29:04 pm »

At the end, my slave army's numbers approached two pages, and we marched onward.

Just be aware, ambushes scale to the size of your group, generally, so don't be surprised if you get shot in the face by one page's worth of Goblin Crossbowmen while one page's worth of Goblin Swordmen systematically disarm and disleg your horde.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2014, 04:24:11 pm »

Just be aware, ambushes scale to the size of your group, generally, so don't be surprised if you get shot in the face by one page's worth of Goblin Crossbowmen while one page's worth of Goblin Swordmen systematically disarm and disleg your horde.

This is becoming a problem for me as I find companions to be relatively useless since my Adventurer is somewhat legendary. They keep dying to these ambushes despite my best efforts to cripple all the goblins and have my companions finish them off. So I just end up travelling alone 99% of the time.

I'll never get a group of high level, seasoned soldiers to accompany me in my adventures. Bah.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2014, 04:40:42 pm »

Yeah, that's the only problem. Luckily, unless they are mangled beyond recognition, I can reanimate my fallen friends and fallen foes, growing my army 100% most of the time.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2014, 05:29:38 pm »

I'll never get a group of high level, seasoned soldiers to accompany me in my adventures. Bah.

Yes, you will.  Seriously, what do you THINK the 'retire' option is there for!?  :3

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2014, 06:25:47 pm »

Yes, you will.  Seriously, what do you THINK the 'retire' option is there for!?  :3

To train up a new adventurer and have him challenge my old one in a match to the death?

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2014, 06:49:35 pm »

To train up a new adventurer and have him challenge my old one in a match to the death?

Ah, touche, good sir.  I do concede the point.

MrBull

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2014, 08:46:33 am »

Less badass, but entirely brutal.  Delving deep into the sewers with my somewhat-fresh-already-beloved-by-myself created character with my six companions I stumble upon a mummy/necro/whatever in the sewers of a town for the second time in my entire career of playing. At first I attempted fighting but my character was barely powerful enough to take one of them on instead of twenty eight.

There were two exits. The one I came from and another one that lead further into sewer, of course this could of linked me back up to the surface and saved me; or just dug myself deeper into the horrific nightmare. I decided to try my luck with the latter door and of course it took me to what can only be described as a stony broom cupboard. I turned on my heels and scanned the area. My companions bravely fighting on, almost turning the tide until I realised after each die they rise themselves as an enemy. I decided to cowardly begin my journey around the room passing by the oblivious undead one by one getting closer to the door, hacking away at legs so any obstacle in my road would be knocked down and praying not to be latched onto.

It was a final stretch to the exit and I'd be away; free. I ran, not before going off course for the slightest second to jollily slicing off the mummy/necro/whatever's right hand to muster the feeling that I've accomplished something from this tale. I blasted through the exit, leaving my faithful companions to an existence of everlasting servitude and pain. I intended to go back one day and have my revenge but that character died several days later from being forced to traverse a small river in which I also forgot he couldn't swim.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »

Less badass, but entirely brutal.  Delving deep into the sewers with my somewhat-fresh-already-beloved-by-myself created character with my six companions I stumble upon a mummy/necro/whatever in the sewers of a town for the second time in my entire career of playing. At first I attempted fighting but my character was barely powerful enough to take one of them on instead of twenty eight.

There were two exits. The one I came from and another one that lead further into sewer, of course this could of linked me back up to the surface and saved me; or just dug myself deeper into the horrific nightmare. I decided to try my luck with the latter door and of course it took me to what can only be described as a stony broom cupboard. I turned on my heels and scanned the area. My companions bravely fighting on, almost turning the tide until I realised after each die they rise themselves as an enemy. I decided to cowardly begin my journey around the room passing by the oblivious undead one by one getting closer to the door, hacking away at legs so any obstacle in my road would be knocked down and praying not to be latched onto.

It was a final stretch to the exit and I'd be away; free. I ran, not before going off course for the slightest second to jollily slicing off the mummy/necro/whatever's right hand to muster the feeling that I've accomplished something from this tale. I blasted through the exit, leaving my faithful companions to an existence of everlasting servitude and pain. I intended to go back one day and have my revenge but that character died several days later from being forced to traverse a small river in which I also forgot he couldn't swim.

Drat! Drat it all!

Well, this means one thing: Embark next to the town, near enough to enter, and get revenge. With dorfs. Lots and lots of dorfs.

Barring that, take him on later as opposed to now with your next adventurer.

ANYWAY

Never step foot on roads. They are the -- I believe this is the non-spoilerific term -- circus of adventure mode. Bandits like to patrol the roads, human, goblin, and kobold alike. This time, it starts earlier than this.

I went to go kill some bandits. No problem until one cuts my hand off.

Luke, I am your father!

Slightly bummed, I see my hand on the ground and throw it in my pack. Later, I sleep on a road. Kobolds show up. I decide to actually kill them. My <<iron rapier>> is super effective, and eventually I find myself in an advantageous position against the last spearman.

I pulled my hand out of my sack and whack him in the head, caving in his skull and killing him instantly.

I like to imagine that as the kobold dueled with my crossbowman, I pulled the hand out, curled the fingers into a fist, and pretended to Falcon Punch him.

I gotta draw this later.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2014, 02:32:14 am »

I cut a yeti to ribbons with a large copper dagger.

As a kobold.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • This is the link to my stream. Don't click it :^).
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2014, 09:31:20 am »

I don't know how. But I decided to scratch a wolf's nose since I was winning already and the attack was simple/direct. So I thought why the hell not.

But.

Something went wrong with the calculations on predicting where to scratch.

EDIT: Just realized that it's barely readable. Apologies for that.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:50:35 am by RageBob »
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2014, 11:57:05 am »

I wrestled a kobold archer's finger off. Only after tearing it off and sticking it in my backpack as a souvenir do I realize I tore off his middle finger.

Ha, I'd like to see you use your bow now, kobold dude. I'd also like to see you flick the bird at your enemies. You can't now, can you?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15