Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tracking Down The Boatmurderers  (Read 1105 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Tracking Down The Boatmurderers
« on: December 20, 2013, 04:34:56 pm »

Just wondering if anyone on Bay12 has ever tried to contact any of the players of The Most Legendary Fort. I don't know if anyone of them actually frequents Bay12, and it would be awesome if they did.

So basically I'm asking for any info on how to contact these wonderful crazy progenitors of dwarfdom.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking Down The Boatmurderers
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 05:01:03 pm »

Boatmurdered was played in the Something Awful forums. You'll need an account to access them properly, which costs 10 bucks or so. I have no idea how active the players are these days.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 01:10:56 pm »

I've spoken with all of them before at various times. 

They really don't like it when people try to sell Boatmurdered on Amazon as an ebook, which is something "fans" have tried to do multiple times.

Edit:  To be certain, not many of them are active on SA anymore, and a few aren't really capable of being contacted that I've seen.  They're not a coherent group, and I doubt they're in contact with each other or anything.  I know Sankis plays War Thunder a bunch these days, though.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:13:33 pm by Capntastic »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 05:11:20 pm »

They really don't like it when people try to sell Boatmurdered on Amazon as an ebook, which is something "fans" have tried to do multiple times.

Well I certainly don't wanna do anything stupid like that, the closest I have to an ulterior motive here is maybe we could get them into a "All Legends Succession Fort" with players from other legendary forts.
But I consider that a tertiary objective at best, mostly I would like to meet the minds behind that clusterfuck, and maybe introduce them to the Bay12 community if they aren't already a part of it. After all, their efforts literally are legend here :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 10:46:07 pm »

We-ell, the thing about Boatmurdered's version is that you really didn't have that much control over what your dwarves were doing and where they were allowed to go. Also, I think the exact version of .23 that Boatmurdered was in didn't have a popcap.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.