Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rewall Macro  (Read 970 times)

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rewall Macro
« on: November 16, 2007, 04:23:00 pm »

I've seen many requests for an AutoHotKey macro to automate rewalling, so here it is. Instructions for using it are on the page.

http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/User:Valdemar

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rewall Macro
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 07:28:00 pm »

Does that only rewall with the first material in the list? Because there are times I want to make a single material only and that material isn't always the first on the list.

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 07:59:00 pm »

Looking at the macro it doesnt seem so hard to make on that steps a step walks the entire way to the select material screen, let you pick your material walk a step to the next square and let you pick material and so forth. I guess.

A good tip might be to make a pile (slightly larger then the amount of stone need for the construction) right next to the site and only allow materials that are of the type you want to use. Closest materials are allways at the top of the list.

Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 08:08:00 pm »

The problem with a one-material stockpile is that it is never close enough...

A rock 2 z-levels below the spot where you want to build is considered distance:2, where your stockpile may be 10-15 tiles NSEW of the spot, so it is usually not the closest material.

What would be nice, in material selections, is if (in DF) you could type to narrow down the materials, a la the manager screen. Then you could put that in the macro, and it would select that materal.

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 08:10:00 pm »

It will use the closest material. Building a stockpile nearby and forbidding other materials is usually what I do as well. Making it ask you to pick a material would slow it down a lot, and would be only marginally faster than just manually doing it all. I could make it so you can set the position from the top it uses with a special key, but that would mess up if the positions shifted. The only thing that is really reliable is the stockpile method. I'm adding this to the wiki page.

Shujaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 06:53:00 am »

I tried to make a simple macro for designating rooms of a certain shape (5x5 square), but it won't work right. For some reason sending an "Enter" keystroke won't work for starting/stopping  a mining designation, and sending keypad numbers for the direction resets the designation type from "mining" to "make ramp".

Shujaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 07:28:00 am »

Nevermind, figured out the problem. Have to put each keystroke in braces for some reason.

Hesitris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 11:19:00 am »

Correct; you have to put keystrokes in curly brackets {} in order for it to do what you want. Without the brackets, it just thinks you want it to type the word "Enter". I use it for a semi-elaborate bedroom complex macro, using "d" and "x" to alternate between designating digging and un-designating. It ends up creating 26 3x3 rooms with natural rock walls all at once.

naradaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 03:05:00 am »

You could designate stockpiles where you are going to place your walls? Remove the stockpiles once they're full, then use the macro.