Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Victory Garden Games  (Read 39470 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Victory Garden Games
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2014, 10:04:23 pm »

Yeah this is getting too graphic to remain at all tasteful. Let's move on to discussing how much more fun Final Fantasy Tactics would've been if every class was some manner of shrubbery, because god damn that is a premise I can get behind.
Holy hot damn how do I sign up.
I assume by throwing money at your screen. I don't know these things, I'm just jumping to wild conclusions from a single screenshot.
What screenshot?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2014, 10:16:16 pm »

Anyway, for those not ignoring this thread, have a thing:
This one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2014, 10:17:38 pm »

Ohhhh. That's what you meant.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2014, 12:52:37 am »

Star Titans?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2014, 05:47:21 am »

There is an awful lot of red in that screenshot.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:46 pm »

I imagine it's a heightmap.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2014, 10:39:42 pm »

I imagine it's a heightmap.
Or a biome map, if you see the concept drawing in the back.
I think it would look like an isometric UnReal World
True enough. Maybe we'll see some useful Geomancy? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2014, 02:33:35 pm »

Originally most of the high level spells in D&D were useful mainly in battlefield, mass-combat applications. You'd make terrain look like other terrain, or muddy the ground to make it hard to move through, or hide a unit of men with an illusion to make them look like trees. I haven't seen a computer strategy wargame that really did anything with that. Then again I don't play a ton of them so it's very likely I just missed it.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2014, 06:32:16 pm »

No from my experience pretty much every spell in every PC game is some generic damage, buff, or debuff spell...nothing as creative as changing terrain and stuff.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2014, 06:33:40 pm »

No from my experience pretty much every spell in every PC game is some generic damage, buff, or debuff spell...nothing as creative as changing terrain and stuff.
Populous the beginning has terrain mod spells.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2014, 06:35:54 pm »

Master of Magic also has a good bit of that, at least on a global level. I'm pretty sure it also has a few terrain altering spells on the combat map as well, at least ones that slow down your opponents.

I think Fallen Enchantress, as a more modern game inspired by MoM, also has that. Not sure if it has any effects like that on the combat map, though.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2014, 06:54:30 pm »

Don't forget Age of Wonders! :)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2014, 11:48:41 pm »

It's been a while, everyone!  Fortunately, we've got something for you to play... something AWESOME.

Some of you may have seen our mockup of "Dankest Dungeon" in the happy thread.  We now have a playable alpha here, and would love to have your input on how to polish it!  This is also your first opportunity to hear the work of our hella awesome sound engineer, so check it out.  You'll need Java; just hit start.bat to run it.

In preparation for the upcoming Ludum Dare competition next month, the team participated in the more casual Mini LD compo this weekend.  The theme this time was "Demakes:" remaking a published game by reducing the scope, simplifying gameplay, or recreating it as though on older hardware--all within a loose time limit of 72 hours.  In our case, we demade the upcoming Lovecraftacular squad management roguelike, Darkest Dungeon, in the style of a Gameboy game!  The features they showed looked so cool and novel that we decided we wanted to play something like it right away, even if we couldn't get the official version for a good while yet ><;;

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:46:13 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2014, 11:57:58 pm »

Nice! I was actually just thinking up rules for a potential boardgame version of that for pretty much the exact same reason.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2014, 12:12:17 am »

Huzzah! Will play!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22