Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Victory Garden Games  (Read 39445 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Victory Garden Games
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2014, 11:54:38 am »

Stop being so cool  :(
No. Never take this advice.

stay on the high road and leave more room on the low road for me

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »

The lime green on your site has caused irreparable damage to my retinas.
... or that could be me being blinded by the bright, bright future.

Sorry for your retinas, but that's part of the temporary state of the blog, I'm afraid. Wordpress doesn't allow the color scheme to be changed, apart from switching between a few color scheme presets, so long as it's on their own .com. Don't worry, though; we're building a custom layout and theme to implement, once we migrate to a proper URL. Until then, I'll be doing my best to find ways to not burn the eyes so much.

Pardon our dust, and all that!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2014, 10:41:05 pm »

*cough* Any updates, doodz?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2014, 12:41:53 am »

Hey I am not the thread police or anything, but it seems quite obvious this thread does not belong in OTHER GAMES.

As far as I can tell, you dont even have the most primitive of prototypes to show. This seems to be lots of talking and ideas and such, which is cool I guess.

Maybe I missed something? Maybe you can show us something?

I wish you the best of luck and all, just saying this seems to be pretty light on the actual content that would qualify for being called a game.
I got nothing

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2014, 01:21:38 am »

That sounded a bit...too assertive, ductape. Reword please?

Anyway, I guess the gist is the note on 'discussing games by other people' which is what applies to this Board. The Creative Projects seems better, for a start, though.

Checking both boards, in the Creative Projects one, it follows that Other Games is the correct board (either/or but that's subjective in my sight)

Quote from: Creative Projects top note
Video game projects work here or in Other Games.  General workshops and questions about this sort of thing are welcome here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2014, 07:36:50 am »

I'm like a week late on noticing, but there's a new post on the blog thing if you haven't read it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2014, 09:40:29 am »

I have. I'm just being nosy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2014, 09:18:25 pm »

That sounded a bit...too assertive, ductape. Reword please?

Anyway, I guess the gist is the note on 'discussing games by other people' which is what applies to this Board. The Creative Projects seems better, for a start, though.

Checking both boards, in the Creative Projects one, it follows that Other Games is the correct board (either/or but that's subjective in my sight)

Quote from: Creative Projects top note
Video game projects work here or in Other Games.  General workshops and questions about this sort of thing are welcome here.

What I am saying is this board is about actual games. Creative is a good place for general discussion about developing games, IMHO.

I guess we need to ask ourselves, do we really want hopeful developers talking about big ideas in this section of the forum? This is probably the most popular section, people come here from all over the internet to get a unique viewpoint on games. I dont mean to be assertive so sorry if that offended you.

I don't want to be the bearer of pessimistic notions but dreams and ideas are easy, I for one have many. When you actually produce some work, I will take you seriously. This is how it works in the professional world, e.g. "Talk is cheap"

I will do my best to ignore this thread.

Thanks.
I got nothing

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2014, 09:50:39 pm »

That's going to be hard, considering you posted in this thread and it's now on your updated topics list.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2014, 10:06:09 pm »

I guess we need to ask ourselves, do we really want hopeful developers talking about big ideas in this section of the forum?

Yes.

I don't want to be the bearer of pessimistic notions but dreams and ideas are easy, I for one have many. When you actually produce some work, I will take you seriously. This is how it works in the professional world, e.g. "Talk is cheap"

As a professional game designer and developer, I agree! Also, I'd like all our games to be done right now too, because I'd rather like to start playing them... unfortunately, Rome wasn't built in a day, companies take time to form and get settled, and code takes time to be written.

Anyway, for those not ignoring this thread, have a thing:

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2014, 10:10:27 pm »

I was about to mention that the people doing development here aren't exactly known for being "idea people" or even... you know, anything that directly opposes their being respected content creators.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2014, 10:33:18 pm »

Ooh. Those sketches look nice. Isometric strategy game?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2014, 12:33:11 am »

Oooh. Flower Chess. As well as being intrigued by the arty sketches, also- the folders in the bottom left. Phoenixes, and martial arts stuff!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2014, 12:38:53 am »

holly carp vecter iss makin vidja gams

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2014, 02:54:10 am »

holly carp vecter iss makin vidja gams

yiss

awwwwwwwww yissssss

Ooh. Those sketches look nice. Isometric strategy game?

hell.  fucking.  yisssssss

Hopefully Soli's screenshot can keep y'all occupied for a little while!  I'm just here to pop by and let you know that the Pixel Piracy Giveaway is here, and that you can find a new post from our coder Marius over at the dev log.  More soon...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22