Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Shipslayers - another build a Village Game! Current Turn: 23! *Players wanted*  (Read 7350 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Shipslayers - another Build a Village Game!
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2013, 09:52:55 am »

Workgroup - continue as intended

Scoutgroup - fall back head sideways and around, we  will confirm their strength later.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Der Metzger

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy Butcher from Bavaria
    • View Profile
Re: Shipslayers - another Build a Village Game!
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2013, 10:04:11 am »

hmm three against one would be possible. But you would risk to wound your Citizens too.

@ Hammer

I thought about it a little bit. You can use the Hammer as a Weapon, building Tool and smithing Tool. As a Weapon its damage multiplier would be 1. A Weapon that you canīt use as a tool will get a multiplier of 1.5 and a 2h Weapon of 2.

Oh and if you catch a Creature you will get some infomation about it, too. You can even train them to war, hunting or hauling creatures. hunting creatures are faster, war creatures do more dmg and hauling creatures cann haul twice the amount of a untrained creature. For training you will need food.

Edit:
I think carving the stairs is not nesessary anymore because you can walk down on the slope.
I redraw the Races. From left to right: Human, Goblins, Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Startpoint:

One Goblin finished preparing a Tree. The Goblin became a Woodcutter! You got +3 Branches, +4 Sticks and +1 Tree Trunk.
One Goblin tamed a Brown Ridgeback! The Goblin became a Ranger!
One Dwarf continues mining, 1 Round left.
One Dwarf continues prepare a Farmplot, 1 Round left.
One Dwarf continues carving Stairs, 2 Rounds left.

Seaside (south from Startpoint):
The Scoutgroup head sideways, around the Brown Ridgeback. They arrive at the Entrance of the Cave.
One Brown Ridgeback is fleeing.
One Goblin of the Scoutgroup reads a Sign: "Warning! Do not Enter the Cave!"
One Green Ridgeback is about to leave the site.

Some Informations:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:10:28 pm by Der Metzger »
Warning! May contain bad Grammar!

English is not my native Language, so please donīt burn me alive for my bad Grammar! You are free to correct me.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Shipslayers - another build a Village Game! Current Turn: 6!
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2013, 04:59:38 pm »

The stairs can just go more to the right, past the cave.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Der Metzger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2013, 04:52:05 am »

Do you wanna start carving the stairs on a new spot or continue from there and aim straight to the right side? Carving stairs ist a difficult task for an unskilled Dwarf. Skilled Miners can do that faster and Great Miners can carve them in one Round! The same thing counts for most professions too.

English is not my native Language, so please donīt burn me alive for my bad Grammar! You are free to correct me.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2013, 07:55:29 am »

Ranger - accustom beast to the camp / other people
Woodcutter - saw that trunk into something useful

Scouts - check water for fish, plants, or lack thereof
             - check surrounding bushes and trees for fruits
             - keep an eye on that cave-entrance

Miner - confirm to Aseaherus wish. Which seems to read as ... carving them down eastwards. I guess.

Miner / Farmer - keep at it

Der Metzger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »

Startpoint:

One Dwarf mined some ore and stone. The Dwarf contiues to mine, 3 Rounds remaining. The Dwarf became a Miner!
One Dwarf finished the Farmplot. The Dwarf start makeing another Farmplot, 3 Rounds remaining. The Dwarf became a Farmer.
One Dwarf continues carving the Stairs, 1 Round remaining.
One Goblin (Ranger) starts to acusstom the Brown Ridgeback to the others, 2 Rounds remaining.
One Goblin (Woodcutter) starts to saw the Trunk into Planks, 2 Rounds remaining.

Seaside(south of Startpoint):
Two Ridgebacks fled from the Area.
One Goblin searched the Water for Fish. Its seems to be Fish in the Water.
One Goblin searched the Bushes for something edible. There hanging some Beeries on the Bush.
One Dwarf is watching the Cave-entrance. There seems to be some Slimes and a nasty Monster in there. Better prepare something for tonight.

Some Inforamtions about the Village:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:17:55 pm by Der Metzger »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shipslayers - another build a Village Game! Current Turn: 7!
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2013, 01:48:36 pm »

Beary-scout - eat teal berry. If pleasant tasting, gather a ration of them
Hammer - back to base, show your dwarven crafting-prowess by turning the sticks into spears
Last scout - short straw; get one of those not-teal berries into your mouth. If pleasant tasting, gather a ration

Else, good going guys.

Btw - rundendauer-sniplet seems un-english ;з

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »

Dwarf One is still mining the steps, right?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Der Metzger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2013, 02:31:50 pm »

oh i forgott that dwarf to write down. Edited the Post. Yep the Dwarf ist still carving the Stairs, 1 round remaining.

@ escaped lurker

which other berries do you mean? In the Seaside area are only teal cyan berries. You donīt need a Hammer for a Wooden spear. Just sharpen one end of the Stick with a Saw or other edgy thing and its fine.

Der Metzger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Startpoint:
One Goblin (Ranger) contiunes to acusstom the Brown Ridgeback to the others, 1 Round remaining.
One Goblin (Woodcutter) continues to saw the Trunk into Planks, 1 Round remaining.
One Dwarf (Miner) continues to mine some ore, 2 Rounds left.
One Dwarf finished to carve stairs, the Dwarf continues to carve stairs, 4 Rounds remaining. The Dwarf became a Miner!
One Dwarf (Farmer) continues to prepare a Farmplot, 2 Rounds remaining.

Seaside (south from startpoint):
One Dwarf walks back to Startpoint.
One Goblin trys a Cyan Berry, the Cyan Berries are edable. The Goblin collects some Cyan Berries.
One Goblin is looking for some other Berries, The Goblin canīt finde any other Berries, the Goblin collects some Cyan Berries.

Some Informations about the Village:

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

All continue their work as usual.
Goblin scout shall use the planks to build a hut.
Goblin scout 2 shall gather more berries

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All continue their work as usual.
Goblin scout shall use the planks to build a hut.
Goblin scout 2 shall gather more berries
+1

While fish is preferable to berries, getting some immediate supplies is preferable. That and the dangerous cave inhabitants...

The stairs - granted, considering the scope of work - will take a lot of time. Like, "alot". I'd rather have that miner on a more immediatly rewarding project, resuming the stairs at a later, more experienced point. Letting him work the boulders into bricks should yield experience - and building materials. Of which one can never have enough.

Change staircarving to crafting bricks. ...?

Der Metzger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK guys, befor i forget, you are currently on Turn 8. After Turn 10 it will become Nighttime. Nighttime is 5 Turns long. Normaly every Citizen sleeps during nighttime except for Soldiers and/or Guards. They donīt need to sleep in every night but should sleep at least every second night. You can plan Shifts for Guards/Soldiers and you can even kind of ring an alarm to wake ever Citizen and draft them into Militäry in the case of an Emergency.

Der Metzger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Startpoint:
The Scoutgroup entered the Area and heading Home.
A couple of Green Ridgebacks entered the Area.
A Dwarf (Miner) cancels carving Stairs and beginns mining some Iron Ore, 3 Rounds remaining.
A Dwarf (Miner) continues mining copper ore, 1 Round remaining.
A Goblin (Ranger) finished acusstom the Brown Ridgeback to the others. The Goblin (Ranger) starts making a Campfire using 3 Branches, 1 Round remaining.
A Goblin (Woodcutter) finished cutting the Trunk into Planks. The Goblin starts to craft the Sticks into Pointy Sticks, 1 Round remaining. +15 Wooden Planks (3 Planks/Stack)
A Dwarf (Farmer) continues prepare a Farmplot, 1 Round remaining.

Some Information about the Village:

Note:
You can construct something without Nails. Instead of Nails you can use Wooden Dowels but you will need more Wood for the Building and it will take 1 turn longer to build it.
The Miner canīt craft Bricks with a Pick, he needs a Hammer and chisel for that. Instead the Miner starts to mine some Iron Ore so heīs not completly useless.
You can craft 2 chisels out of one Iron bar.
Cut that. Things would get complicated later in the game. The Miner will start construct Blocks next Round and it will take one round less as normaly it would take.
The second Goblin is heading home because his Hands are full of Berries. He will gather more after that if you want.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:32:00 pm by Der Metzger »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hell, my last post was not posted. Ah well.

Anyways, get the miner digging the copper (when done) to dig a hole along with the other people done. When hole is dug (say 2.5 foot deep, 5 foot round) build wooden frame over, cover frame with dirt.

When scouts return they are to sleep if they can, otherwise they are to assist in building.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10