Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: With Toady's blessing, I have published some of my DF pictures in book form.  (Read 1749 times)

KharBevNor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About a month ago I did a series of DF pictures based on Edward Gorey's 'Gashlycrumb Tinies', entitled 'The Glimmercage Urists'. Some people suggested that it should be made into a book and, in my free time over the last week, I laid it out, and emailed Tarn to ask his permission, and whether he would like a cut of any profits. He graciously replied:

Yeah, you have our permission to sell such a book if you like. It would probably be good for us if you said that we don't get any money from it, so potential donors don't get confused, but it doesn't matter too much. We certainly don't require anything. You did plenty of work. Back when the pictures were first posted we had a little reading out loud in the living room as we admired them at the Adams family home.

So, if anyone would like to purchase it then, probably not quite in time for christmas, the link is here.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

I couldn't help but have Creature Feature's "A Gorey Demise" stuck in my head when looking at these.
Amazing job!  :D

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

This is awesome.  My favorite part might be the mosiac on the wall of the W V one.

vvv fixed
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:53:44 pm by Footkerchief »

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile

There is no W one.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

helf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is great :) Just ordered a copy.
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

KharBevNor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is no W one.

There's no dwarf names beginning with W in the DF Language files. Nor ones beginning with H, J, P, Q, X or Y. I had to be creative and put thorn in as a letter to get 20.