Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread  (Read 14409 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2014, 12:01:56 am »

Hrm.  Taricus has brought to light a few inconsistencies with that battle update I just did.  Namely that the dwarves should have been slightly tougher and have slightly better morale.  This will be corrected in future battles.  Apologies, however, for the manner in which it may have skewed the battle.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2014, 12:31:41 am »

It's fine. Also to note that WS and BS only modify what number you need to hit, needing a five at BS2 and lower by one for each point of BS extra the unit has.

WS, is resolved by comparing the unit's WS, and rolling a single d6. This is not an opposed roll either. Your only defence here is your toughness (Which affects the roll to wound.) and your armour save.

For wounding rolls, Strength is compared to toughness. For ever point of strength higher than the enemy toughness, move the difficulty down one step from 4, going no lower than two. The flip side is possible as well, for every point that the enemy toughness is higher, move it up one step. If it would require a 7 to wound, the defender is immune to the attack.

For WS, if the enemy WS is more than double yours, move the difficulty of hitting up one step to five. This is the highest the difficulty for hitting can get. IF the enemy has a WS atleast one lower, move the difficulty down a step to three. It cannot get easier or harder to hit a unit (Flanking a unit means the flanked unit cannot retaliate against the flanker that round).

Hope this clears up a few things for you guys.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2014, 12:38:57 am »

Any chance of a short worked example?  Having trouble parsing that in my mind.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2014, 12:45:29 am »

For WS:
Unit A has WS3, While Unit B has a WS of 7. Unit B hits unit A on rolls of 3 or more, while unit A needs to get a five to hit unit B with an attack.

For Woudning:
Unit A has a Strength of six and a Toughness of six, whilst Unit B has a Toughness of 2, and a Strength 2. Unit A wounds Unit B on a wounding roll of two or higher. Unit B cannot wound unit A due to the difference of Unit B's S score and Unit A's toughness.

That help somewhat?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2014, 09:43:06 pm »

I think Taricus needs to make something known...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2014, 09:44:27 pm »

Alright, Ghaz dropped out of the game, so at this point there are three counties, and a duchy up for grabs by a player now

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2014, 11:41:56 pm »

Ah... death by fishbone, then?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2014, 12:00:03 am »

Yeah. This is why you check the fish before eating it folks :P

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2014, 11:09:43 am »

Such a terrible demise...although not completely suprising:

It is a well known fact that many a unpopular leader of the White Forest Brotherhood died due to suffocation on fishbones. In fact this cause of death is so common that it coined a saying among the Knights of the White Forest: " to chase for fishbones" is a reference to an overcautious or overly suspicious person.
- From the Memoirs of Wilbert the Choker (one of the longest living Protectors of the white forest, he survived over twenty assassination attempts only to succumb to a whale bone forced down his throat)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2014, 04:31:31 pm »

In the interest of not creating an overload on one player, Tiruin can finish the meeting with Az first, while I can talk to others if someone has business with me in the capital.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2014, 01:43:46 am »

In the interest of not creating an overload on one player, Tiruin can finish the meeting with Az first, while I can talk to others if someone has business with me in the capital.
I'm having net problems. :( Apologies for the wait.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2014, 09:00:09 am »

Yeee-es.  I wasn't trying to be obvious before, evilcherry, when I asked about your past, but I was hoping for a way to get some sort of indication of your architectural ability (i.e. anything to distinguish you from hundreds of other warrior barons).

So now I'm just giving you a blunt plot hook.  :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2014, 11:36:52 am »

Iituem, a bow-equipped unit can't use a shield, sorry. You can have either, but not both.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2014, 11:47:42 am »

Iituem, a bow-equipped unit can't use a shield, sorry. You can have either, but not both.

Ah, forgot that.  Neatly reduces spending, then.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2014, 02:39:21 pm »

*sticks his tongue out at Taricus*  Oh sure, ruin my improvisational orcish greetings why don't you?  Your warrior culture too honourable for a fixation on deflowering virgins?  What sort of raging settled, civilised barbarians do you call yourselves, anyway?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20