Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread  (Read 14440 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2013, 02:33:56 pm »

And accepted. Once the map is ready, we're good to start the IC thread.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2013, 02:38:05 pm »

I have no idea how this will all work, so it will be interesting. I understand the mechanics, mind you, just not... What we'll be doing. o.O
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2013, 02:40:13 pm »

Pretty much, it's going to be fairly political. Watch your back around anyone, lest you get knifed due to a minor border dispute.

But the game will start with the prince's coronation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2013, 06:27:23 pm »

And accepted. Once the map is ready, we're good to start the IC thread.

And here we are.  Full res version.
Spoiler: 50% Version (click to show/hide)

A lot of the specifics aren't worked out yet, and I've taken liberty with a few names, but it's basically there.  The big red splodge in the centre is the Dwarven Kingdom, which is essentially an impenetrable sovereign state.  Their fortresses and cities aren't marked because they are hidden by dwarf magic (or possibly very impressive engineering).  Forts are marked by black plusses, towns by red crosses.  The only definite province boundary (the GM will decide where they start off and we'll hammer out by roleplay where they end up) is that of the White Forest, since it remained suitably isolationist and unassailed during the war.

Also, I appear to have forgotten to mark the River West, at the mouth of which is Ciall.  Oh well.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2013, 07:00:42 pm »

Alright, as per a few location requests on IRC by people who didn't state their locations in their sheets, I shall be put them forth here. Anyone else that is a landed noble or the like, ought to step forward for their Demesne as well. The players are allowed to change the name of the individual cities, and name their own title (In the case of dukes)

Anyway, the list:
-Azthor: Stormport
-Tiruin: Severance
-Ardas: Whitehall

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2013, 07:48:58 pm »

... Do I need to claim Dorenshadt for Daelin? Earl Daelin Borokshtan is leader of Dorenshadt, although he WILL be attending the coronation because that's how dwarves roll.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2013, 08:29:18 pm »

Nope, you already claimed it in your app.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2014, 09:29:51 am »

Alright, due to a lack of response from Iituem about the amount of parcels everyone gets, I'm decinding it myself. Dukes (And equivalents) will receive ten parcels, along with a city at the start. Counts (And equivalents) will gain a castle and five parcels.

Anything lower (While baron-level can fit onto the system at two parcels, it's not really going to be interesting for them.) is considered unlanded for mechanical purposes.

The IC thread will be up in a bit, once it is either Iituem will start, or I will if he is not around to (Which may start the kingdom in an interesting position.)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2014, 09:57:24 am »

Triple post, but the OP has been updated with a link to the IC thread.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2014, 10:11:12 am »

Changed my char back to the original ones, mostly because as time passed the satyr grew less and less interesting. He's pretty similar to the first one I posted.

Spoiler: The Smiling Bowman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:01:31 am by Shootandrun »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2014, 10:12:48 am »

And accepted.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2014, 01:37:12 pm »

Alright, due to a lack of response from Iituem about the amount of parcels everyone gets, I'm decinding it myself. Dukes (And equivalents) will receive ten parcels, along with a city at the start. Counts (And equivalents) will gain a castle and five parcels.

Anything lower (While baron-level can fit onto the system at two parcels, it's not really going to be interesting for them.) is considered unlanded for mechanical purposes.

The IC thread will be up in a bit, once it is either Iituem will start, or I will if he is not around to (Which may start the kingdom in an interesting position.)

Thought I had responded.  :O

With my girlfriend at the moment, off to see a movie, but will write up first post in a few hours when I get back, alright?  :D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2014, 01:40:29 pm »

Alright, I await the post!

And you did, just not specifically about the fiefs themselves (Or atleast anything concrete so...)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2014, 11:30:30 pm »

There we go.  Opening it up to introductions and for the GM to set the scene as to exactly what our current situation is (who claims what land, who still has an army etc).  I took a liberty to suggest armies clustered around Stormborough; these by no means have to be even a full unit, they could just be sizeable representatives of the gathered lords; it's a flavour thing.

Oh, and in case there's any doubt the "figures of interest" the chamberlain let in are the non-landed PCs.  :D

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2014, 08:46:45 am »

Okay, and updated the OP once more, this time with land and troop counts. You are assumed to have your basic income already in the treasury as well.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20