Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread  (Read 14425 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2013, 01:19:46 pm »

Just a heads up, this isn't going to likely start for a week or so.

As for people posting sheets, all the ones so far happen to be fine.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2013, 05:48:48 pm »

Since we have a bit of time before start, what are our thoughts on the neighbouring kingdoms?  After all, Stormborough isn't an island...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2013, 05:55:47 pm »

Ambitious, cunning, ready to pounce at the first sign of weakness. We've beaten them back in the past, even humiliated them, but that was when we were a proud nation.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2013, 05:56:54 pm »

You realize this gives me a full reign to be an utter bastard to you guys, right? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2013, 06:16:27 pm »

I named two in my backstory, Kingdom of Selridge and Duchy of Falken, both embroiled in Shadow Curse conflict. I left it vague for GM and our King to add colour ot thme, but the outline was that the war between them was ugly and barbaric for whatever reason you want. The outcome is also up to others. (If NPC magic is in, then the war definitely had it in as well, the darker sort.)

As for their state - our neighbours are well entrenched and even if they may struggle in some years due to bad harvest or poor weather, they both pack iron and blood aplenty since they hold on tight to what they earn. Their history might be similar to ours with local variation and maybe different treatment of non-humans. All I want is for these names to be used.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2013, 03:39:38 pm »

Some thoughts I had as a possibility regarding what the Shadow Conflict is/was...

Quote from: Iituem
Nobody knows who caused the Shadow Curse.  Some think it was an evil magician, some say it was the elves, some say a curse from the gods for some unknown wrongdoing.  Everyone knows that Simeon the Sorcerer made it worse.

In a now-forgotten bishopric between the states of Selridge and Falken, a curse came upon a village of people, all of whom lost their shadows.  Light seemed to shine through them as if they were not even there.  Panic struck the people, and lynch mobs started forming among those who thought the villagers had lost their souls (whether or not this is the case is unknown).  Soon, those who spent time in daylight began to literally fade out of existence, growing fainter and fainter until they were nothing but whispers on the wind.  Those who stayed in darkness survived, but this only worsened their reputation as terrible beasts.  Following an appeal from the Bishop, Simeon the Sorcerer arrived to try and save the people with his magic.  Instead of curing them outright, Simeon granted the villagers a more temporary solution to their problem.

From that day on, the Shadeless could steal the shadows of others.  They would, for a time, retain the new shadow (becoming solid again if they had begun to fade) and appear to all extents and purposes a normal person.  Eventually the shadow would disappear, however, and they would be forced to seek out a new victim.  Meanwhile the one whose shadow had been stolen would be subject to the Shadow Curse themselves, compounding the problem further.  The affliction seemed to have little other effect until years later, when it became apparent that the Shadeless did not age.

The denizens of the Shadeless village scattered far and wide, for those who recognised them for what they were saw them slain by fire.  They blended in with the populace of Selridge and Falken, becoming invisible and often killing the newly Shadeless to cover their tracks.  The two states in response to the murders invaded and razed the bishopric, claiming it for their own.  The contested ground set the two states on the edge of conflict, with numerous territorial skirmishes.

Years on, it became apparent that the Shadeless had infiltrated the nobility of Falken almost completely when the Duke declared himself openly Shadeless and began war upon Selridge to capture slaves for their shadows.  Selridge responded in kind, and a few years later it became apparent that their own nobility were Shadeless as well.  The war continued for forty years, ending when all the known Shadeless on both sides were exiled or killed.

Since then, both sides eternally accuse the other of still harbouring Shadeless, and "punitive" wars are brought upon the other to "capture the Shadeless", while the other side accuses them of stealing slaves for their shadows.  Nobody knows, two centuries on, if the Shadeless even still exist, but the Shadow Curse conflict has always provided a casus belli for war and both economies are now heavily dependent upon slaves.

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2013, 03:46:07 pm »

Sounds great to me. I really appreciate your creativity, YaK really lives when you are around.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2013, 03:48:10 pm »

Is it still possible to join?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2013, 03:49:56 pm »

Sure, just write up your app and our GM will give you a heads up.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2013, 04:02:37 pm »

not to be the one to spit into others peoples soup...which i am now anyway, but meeeh. The Shadeless thing sounds...i don't know. Just not really fitting.

I like the idea of the two city states accusing each other of harbouring monstrosities and waging war over it and the mage making everything worse, but the idea of the Shadeless...hmpf.
But that's just my two cents here and i hope you don't take that the wrong way.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2013, 04:06:49 pm »

To me, 'Shadow Conflict' sounds like a more, well, shadowy war. A war of assassins and foul curses that poisoned the hearts and bodies of both the ruling houses of each state and their unfortunate subjects. Black magic destroyed entire bloodlines, turning their greatest knights to slavering, deformed monsters, causing miscarriage, madness, desolation. The sacred rites of the gods were forsaken and unholy acts performed in the dead of night - as the highborns of each land became more and more immoral, the land turned barren, twisted. Blood stained once-fertile soil lifeless and cold - the horrors once unleashed could not be contained. Even to this day, it is said the curse lies on the noble houses of the land still, manifesting both in the mind and in the flesh...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2013, 04:14:12 pm »

DH, it was "Shadow Curse Conflict" as I wrote it. Nothing clandestine about it when I imagined it, however I'm open ot interpretations as long as they fit with my backstory.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2013, 05:01:05 pm »

Is it possible to be a vassal of a vassal?

Edit: I meant, vassal of a npc vassal of the grand prince

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2013, 05:10:49 pm »

To be specified I suppose, but if you go with a title of a baron or a count, you will definitely be under someone.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2013, 05:17:24 pm »

Well here is what lore I have for the far north, where Ramus No-son hails from, it is mostly a rough draft and subject to expansion over the coming days.

Spoiler: The Frozen Wastes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Empire of Icemorn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hrathgin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:07:04 pm by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20