Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread  (Read 14411 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2013, 07:45:53 pm »

Hope that it's okay to muscle into your position like this, Digital Hellhound. I figure that with two types of Gods to worship, we need two different kinds of landed clergy to create a power bloc.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2013, 07:50:09 pm »

Ooohh, Sectarian conflict! This just keeps getting better :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2013, 10:00:12 pm »

not to be the one to spit into others peoples soup...which i am now anyway, but meeeh. The Shadeless thing sounds...i don't know. Just not really fitting.

I like the idea of the two city states accusing each other of harbouring monstrosities and waging war over it and the mage making everything worse, but the idea of the Shadeless...hmpf.
But that's just my two cents here and i hope you don't take that the wrong way.

Eh, that's why I raised it.  We work out a flavour as we go, what fits and what doesn't.  Just need to figure out what exactly the Shadow Curse is, and why it's enough to fight wars over rather than send an adventuring party to kill the monster.  It can't just turn people into monsters, or it's an environmental threat; people bond together to fight monsters, rather than splitting apart.

After all, nobody disagrees about stopping trolls rampaging down from the mountains, they just might disagree on how.

DH might have it though.  What if the Shadow Curse isn't the motive, it's the means?  What if it's both?  A war of assassins and clandestine action...

Spoiler: Snip (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:09:22 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2013, 01:37:02 am »

Only objection to that is a mage in a political position. Due to the prerequisite amount of training and knowledge needed to cast even a simple spell would preclude them from nobility in the first place, not to mention most acts of magic are generally precluded from fireballing things, or otherwise using magic to harm directly.

Rest is plenty good though.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2013, 05:46:14 am »

I liked the thought of the war being fought largely with curses that affected the bloodlines of the nobility, causing mutations, mental unstability, disabilities, et cetera. Presumably these were brought about by assassins' poisons and black magicians' hexes as a subtler, more long-term wound on the enemy - though of course, regular assassinationa would have been widely used as well. In my mind, in the present day the noble houses try desperately to hide their 'taint', whether extra eyes or bouts of madness, discreetly getting rid of heirs too far gone if necessary.

USEC, I welcome someone to act as a target for my 'rivalry with priests of other orders'. All's fair before the gods.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2013, 06:10:28 am »

I liked the thought of the war being fought largely with curses that affected the bloodlines of the nobility, causing mutations, mental unstability, disabilities, et cetera. Presumably these were brought about by assassins' poisons and black magicians' hexes as a subtler, more long-term wound on the enemy - though of course, regular assassinationa would have been widely used as well. In my mind, in the present day the noble houses try desperately to hide their 'taint', whether extra eyes or bouts of madness, discreetly getting rid of heirs too far gone if necessary.

USEC, I welcome someone to act as a target for my 'rivalry with priests of other orders'. All's fair before the gods.

Alchemical war could do that.  Lengthy shadow conflict, fought with maddening poisons and half the dynasties have hereditary madnesses anyway?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2013, 11:16:43 am »

Sweet. I look forward to working against you.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

I have to admit. I'm somewhat tempted to get into this. So here goes.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:38:48 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2013, 01:17:22 pm »

Important question, is our kingdom landlocked or is their access to the sea somewhere in its borders?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2013, 01:42:43 pm »

The kingdom is not landlocked. I have made a map, following instructions from Iituem: http://postimg.org/image/w2ojjq36p/full/. It might still be changed and there might be a drawn version (hexographer is solely for convenience) coming up, but overall it should be reliable for getting an idea of the kingdom's vague geography.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2013, 11:18:30 pm »

I would like to apply.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2013, 11:41:09 am »

Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:56:18 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 01:07:15 pm »

Everyone that's posted a sheet since I last approved apps: You're in.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 02:29:15 pm »

Hate-filled outcast Dwarven Noble is GO!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2013, 02:31:11 pm »

Is it possible to be a duke, meaning as a vassal, (or possibly play a female role)? I've got my character concept ready (and saved on another PC >_>) but just wondering out here.

We're short on landed nobles right now anyway, so please!  Also, Cognatic inheritance (probably Cognatic Primogeniture for non-Prince titles), so Duchess perfectly acceptable!
I only have one excuse and its that Christmas stuffs happened.
Also my Dad was sick, but that's no excuse for me...

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20