Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Orbtrances 2  (Read 6350 times)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbtrances 2
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 11:01:14 am »

I did make that implied promise :).  I am also thesis free now!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 11:03:12 am »

Alright, enough waiting on DarkArtemisFowl.  Grimmash, I'm going to dwarf you as an herbalist/brewer, if that's okay.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 11:36:38 am »

Can I get dorfed into mechanic/glassmaker if possible?
I'll provide some backstory if you approve this dwarfing. :D

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 12:36:47 pm »

Sounds good.  Backstory in the next day or two.  I'm thinking a wandering guy who meet the caravan in a druken stupor with just a bag of seeds or something.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 01:20:30 pm »

Solmyr, all dwarfings are approved.  You are one of the original seven, so go ahead and write up a backstory.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 01:47:42 pm »

Alright, here goes backstory my way.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 02:07:13 pm »

Sorry, writing up my backstory soon. Was caught up in finals.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »

Sorry, writing up my backstory soon. Was caught up in finals.

It's fine, I don't mind.  The fortress will start soon, but I'll wait till all backstories are in.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 08:04:14 pm »

Journal of Ulengkosak

I was wondering, who knows how long.  I had my mug, and my barrel.  That's all a dwarf really needs.  Had some seeds, too, in my pouch.  Wandering from place to place, and when the barrel was empty, I'd find a nice cave, find some berries or plump helmets, or maybe even some pig tails if things were tight, and brew up some more.  Saved the seeds.  Those don't boil into the wart at all.  Then I kept on going.  I'd start with the morning and walk, looking for something new.  Something different. 

Not much point in stopping for anything.  Humans, dwarves, elves, they just keep asking questions whenever you stay too long.  Who are you?  What are doing?  Why do you drink so much?  Well, dwarves don't ask that question so much.  How should I answer?  When your fortress falls, and you weren't one of the brave idiots that threw themselves against the points of the goblins, or the undead, or the demons, no one much cares for long.  All judgement and the one question no one asks.  Why am I not dead?

Because I didn't care enough to waste my life by throwing it to someone else.  That's not a popular answer.  Because I knew the battle was well past decided once I could have fought?  They call that cowardice.  Because I didn't much care about anything besides my stills and my farms?  Then they tell me I'm just a sot, no matter how good my brews might be.

Ah well, this time I'll keep my answers to myself.  It was a long winter, and while my brews are warm, it may be time to try, one more time, to fit in somewhere.  But no answers this time.  I found a caravan, claiming some grand mission to rebuild a new fortress on the legend of another stupid group of dwarves that dug too deep.  I'll dig, and I'll brew the wine and the beer.  But I'll watch, and I'll keep myself a safe place, whatever comes.

OOC: The name means "LostDrinker", because I have too many Grimmashs running around the forums.  Loner, will not tell anyone anything about himself if asked, but a damn good brewer and farmer/forager. 

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 08:12:25 pm »

Biography of Hezekiah

It was an odd day, and I knew it. One day, a group of dwarves came to me and asked me, formally, if I would be brave enough to go on an adventure into unknown lands and territories. They said it was a retribution quest, for a group of travelers who founded an older fortress named... Orbtrances. They said that they invited me because I was the closest relative they could find to Zechariah, one of the original dwarves who founded Orbtrances.

So, I accepted. My life was boring anyways. I wanted to see what it would be like going out on my own to help others build a new culture. Maybe I could practice with so much stone there! Just think of it, being in the mountains, with all the stone in the world to practice my crafts on. Or maybe I could join the military, be a swordsman. It would be perfect.

I doubt many people would notice me too. I could simply be on my own, a small craftsman or swordsman with his stone and his animals. That would be all it would need to be. And that would be alright.

Here I am now. At the gates of fire, one might say. The trials that the mountainhomes have delegated to me are to be presented at this very place, the second Orbtrances.
I hope Zechariah is proud of me, and is guiding me on my adventures. Time to make a fortress fit for Dalzat.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 08:20:04 pm »

Alright, I'll start this up later tonight.  Solymr, do you want a turn as well?  Currently I have you down for just a dwarf.

Edit: Well crap.  I forgot the pet dog.  Don't worry ShadowHammer, we'll get you one later and handwave it to have been here the whole time.
Edit 2: Nevermind, screwed that one up.  Trying again.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:41:05 pm by 4maskwolf »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 06:37:36 am »

Nah, until I refine my skills for FUN I won't be taking any turns.
Did you pick an embark location yet?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 03:27:14 pm »

Alright, I'll be starting this later today.  Expect the first update by tomorrow at the latest.

Generic Wizard

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Could be anyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 06:54:53 pm »

I'll post my first journal entries once the first update goes up.

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 05:58:01 pm »

Is it too late to be retroactively added to the starting 7? I would like to be dwarfed, but I realize I may be too late for the first update. I'll take whatever, let me know what my dwarf is exactly and I'll do up my background. Name: Jerbot

I also wouldn't mind a turn if someone can spell out how to change saves to a tileset and back without breaking everything.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5