Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174526 times)

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1440 on: April 08, 2014, 02:46:32 pm »

Would anyone consider it cheating if I ramped up the warlock population_ratio for my embark and first migrants, since I can create skeletons and ghouls but can't create warlocks? :P

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 08, 2014, 02:55:04 pm »

Do what you like  ;) If you don't want to fiddle with raws enter dwarves 14 in dfhack while on the embark screen to start 14 (or however many) citizens, if you want to start with 5 or so warlocks this sould do it in one or two attempts.
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1442 on: April 08, 2014, 02:59:26 pm »

Dwarves 100 also works ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 08, 2014, 03:05:45 pm »

I prefer to keep with a slightly slower start.
Though i am no sure is this makes things harder (less people) or easier (no instant large sieges vs untrained, unequiped minions) ;)
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 08, 2014, 03:06:53 pm »

Dwarves 100 also works ;)

See, I think THAT would be cheating. And interestingly enough, when I was trying to get liches to work, I tried Dwarves 15.

I got 15 "Initiates". Somehow the game mixed up warlocks for wizards :P

On that note, maybe in the far, far future, "Wizard Coven" would be a good gamemode, as good-aligned magic users. Sort of the antithesis of warlocks.

Edit: Also, as I can see from your post in my thread, you know I have a bad habit of posting in the wrong forum. Not sure if it's in your power to make sub-forums within sub-forums, but maybe this mod is big enough to warrant a "Masterwork Community Stories" sub-forum?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:09:06 pm by bennerman »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1445 on: April 08, 2014, 03:13:46 pm »

A sub sub board would be pushing it. Mod forts are usually fine in the community fort section. Although moseythepirate and mahrgell started doing threads here as well... I think it would be best to have one thread with a link to each and have all forts in the community fort section.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 08, 2014, 03:19:32 pm »

Ah. So anyways, will each of those 7 warlocks (and the ones from migrations) come with mephits?

Also, do hunted animals not give souls? I've never noticed one to have one, and if not, I find it odd that my undead kitty-cats do, unless the souls are leaving the animals as they are hunted?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1447 on: April 08, 2014, 03:21:40 pm »

Yes with mephits and no, animals do have souls. you need to butcher them. the souls wither away without hourglasses though.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 08, 2014, 03:33:33 pm »

Yes with mephits and no, animals do have souls. you need to butcher them. the souls wither away without hourglasses though.

Well, my hunter in my last fort hunted six animals and I am 90% sure I got no souls, because I started slaughtering my barghests to make skeletons. I guess look out to see if other people have the same problem? I wouldn't have even considered it a problem based on my previous post until you said so

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1449 on: April 08, 2014, 03:58:17 pm »

Which animals?

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 08, 2014, 04:21:57 pm »

Which animals?

I can't remember, tbh. If I see it in my next playthrough, I'll let you know

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 08, 2014, 04:44:42 pm »

I remember, from the one group fort thread that his ghoul kept beheading oppossums and they didn't produce souls. Unbeheaded ones did.. the soul is kept in the head?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1452 on: April 08, 2014, 04:48:14 pm »

Yes. Brain = Thoughts = Souls. Giant sponges dont have brains, no souls for you. Animated armors dont have brains, no thoughts for you... and so forth.

Lets say that beheadings are such a swift and violent death that the soul leaves the body, and call it a feature. (you should still be able to butcher the head though and get a soul for your effort)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 08, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

Some animals[Like some underweight Opossums] are too small to be butchered. Even in larger animals, their heads are sometimes too small to be butchered even if the rest of their corpse is not. Thats all there is to say on the matter.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 08, 2014, 05:38:40 pm »

bennerman, they will come with mephits, however they mephits won't cast any spells (so are a bit useless). I posted a fix (well work around) a couple of pages back but it does need a world regen.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 110