Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174448 times)

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1095 on: February 05, 2014, 04:51:05 am »

Hate to be spamming your thread Meth but was the lack of siege operator skill in the inscriber intentional? As far as I go no warlock citizens have natural growth in this ability.

EDIT: The Emissary is also missing a bait dwarfs reaction i've noticed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:02:10 am by Geneoce »
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1096 on: February 05, 2014, 05:00:38 am »

Meth
Meth
Meth

There it is again... has been a while since I have been called Meth.

Siege Operator = Good point. It was in the military skills in the wiki, thats why that one slipped through my grasp. I will add it. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Three Blind Mice running on a keyboard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 05, 2014, 05:37:58 am »

Don't worry Meph, he's only calling you that because we all need our Masterwork fix.
RegalDoom! The Little Warlock Who Could!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137494.0

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 05, 2014, 05:51:53 am »

Whoops! Guess I shouldn't be Dark Towering while foruming. My apologies Meph.
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 05, 2014, 09:49:15 am »

OK, I have my first problem - warlocks don't want to store souls in soul siphon. I have souls, I have hourglasses, they have alchemy enabled, but aren't doing anything but standing with "no job".

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 05, 2014, 10:25:22 am »

Other jobs, sorcery. It should really be listed in the description in the manual for that...

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 05, 2014, 04:59:38 pm »

Two things so far: Magma Well doesn't spawn anything. dfhack console reads:

[DF folder]\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:69: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'ry' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[DF folder]\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:69: in function 'eruption'
[DF folder]\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:125: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)

Spawned ghouls can't join the military as they don't have a reaction for masterwork items. How about spawning them with legendary Discipline as well and add a temporary [NO EMOTION] to the masterwork reaction which lasts just long enough for the item to decay (and then perhaps sets the discipline skill to zero as it's not really needed for anything but the reaction, is it?).

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 05, 2014, 05:03:08 pm »

Wouldn't it be possible to spawn the ghoul and some sort of dummycreature that gets killed instantly by the ghoul? And maybe remove the dummy creature afterwards to prevent it from screwing up the unitcount (see cathedral) That should make the ghoul notable....

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 05, 2014, 05:23:08 pm »

Two things so far: Magma Well doesn't spawn anything. dfhack console reads:

[DF folder]\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:69: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'ry' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[DF folder]\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:69: in function 'eruption'
[DF folder]\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:125: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)
Same here. I wanted to make a lava moat :(

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 05, 2014, 05:38:23 pm »

Something else, pretty sure it's a hardcoded bug: Skeletons get tired while military training and fighting (I think) but have no means to rest. Maybe some sort of "skeletal maintenance" reaction would be in order?

Couldn't reproduce it to properly verify but I think Ghouls are affected by their own (or maybe zombie, I couldn't check) bites and start rotting away which leads to endless surgery loops and never healing.

Also, how about a Demonic Steamengine? Like a normal power generator just fired with souls instead of regular fuel.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:02 pm »

Holy Cow I get a siege by Dwarves in the first winter.  22 axes and one mace rider.  They have everything from iron to welded metals.  I don't think my fort value is that high (I can verify the exact value later), but the only thing I could do was finish my wall and gate before they made it to my Tower grounds.  I barely have any weapons made, no ironbone industry, no new skeletons or ghouls created beyond migrants, nor any magic or alchemy.  I am forced to wait this out, but luckily the stream is providing enough food and drink.  I now am forced to use the graveyard to get enough bones and souls to get some sort of skeleton archer defense ready.

After my last fort that had early goblin siege take me out basically in the same situation (there I atleast had time to get ironbone and ashland glass started), I am wondering what am I doing that is raising hatred towards me so quickly...

Does anyone have any other options I should take?  I lost a few skeletons and a warlock outside the wall, I may be able to field 2 ghouls, 6 Skeletons and 4 Warlocks if I can get this unprocessed iron smelted enough for weapons and mail shirts.

Also as a balance concern.  I have a dream of fielding Dreadnaught Skeletons with Ebonyglass Armor just for the mental image (and dreadnought is really expensive!).  However, where does Ebonyglass, Ashlandglass fit in with other "slightly better than steel" metals like mithril and bloodsteel or dreadnought.  I ask, because the cost of Ebony is much higher than Ashland or Mithril and even really bloodsteel (it needs 3 semi-rare ingredients to find in one embark), but with it's weight, it's not clear from the stats if that's worth the cost for armor's or cutting weapons, etc.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1106 on: February 06, 2014, 12:53:37 am »

I had a dwarven siege first autumn as well, the siege triggers have to be raised.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 06, 2014, 03:19:18 am »

I had a dwarven siege first autumn as well, the siege triggers have to be raised.

I found out that the siege triggers are acting weird when you are a babysnatcher civ. Usually the enemies attack at year 2, with one squad depending of your production.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 06, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »

So can warlocks make pearlash? My KON kinda wants a clear glass window in his (underground) room.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 06, 2014, 12:33:53 pm »

Hey Meth just popping by to tell you it's looking good! Ain't had much time the last year or so to play df, but just here to offer a little support!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 110