Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174503 times)

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1035 on: February 01, 2014, 02:22:12 am »

Is there a vermin hunter for warlocks?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1036 on: February 01, 2014, 04:53:23 am »

No. You might find access to grave cats, but otherwise its either ignoring them, or setting up animal traps.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 01, 2014, 07:00:05 pm »

Is it possible to obtain seeds somehow after you embark? I've noticed a common trend in that my butcher shops get so backed up that everything is a skeleton by the time it gets butchered. Also, what am I supposed to do with all this bone?!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1038 on: February 01, 2014, 08:08:54 pm »

Bone ammo, weapons, bone armor, make more skeletons, ironbone bars, flux? You have tons of options for bones.

Seeds only from the Demonic Attorney or the Herbalist. Or killing caravans.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 01, 2014, 08:17:04 pm »

Loving it so far.   any one got good screens of their lairs?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 01, 2014, 08:20:31 pm »

Is it possible to obtain seeds somehow after you embark? I've noticed a common trend in that my butcher shops get so backed up that everything is a skeleton by the time it gets butchered. Also, what am I supposed to do with all this bone?!

After they slaughter something they continue at the skeleton that gets left behind, making something called a bone chop that counts as meat. I learned I had to forbid those leftover partial skeletons early on to make sure my ghouls would rip the souls out of the fresh kills and not keep hacking away at the skeletons, unless that got changed in the release.

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 01, 2014, 08:42:07 pm »

Ah, upon closer inspection I noticed that sometimes my gohuls seem to try butchering the same skeletons several times over, to no avail. Does it just take a really long time to get these bone chops, or am I experiencing an actual bug?

Oh, and thanks for the answer Meph.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 01, 2014, 08:59:14 pm »

Ah, upon closer inspection I noticed that sometimes my gohuls seem to try butchering the same skeletons several times over, to no avail. Does it just take a really long time to get these bone chops, or am I experiencing an actual bug?

My guess is they just keep making them, but if there's a large pile of bones and skeletons that probably lengthens the process considerably. I haven't had a dungeon last long enough though to really do much beyond those observations. Keep getting wiped out by dwarves or humans if I try to fight them, or elves just ambush their way right to the front door and kill everyone while I have my ghouls chasing things or collecting wood.

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 01, 2014, 09:32:44 pm »

I've been mostly cowering behind drawbridges and trying to find ways to feed my guys without going outside much. Since skeletons don't need to eat or drink though, I've been thinking about building a big tower with archer skeletons walled in on every floor, basically working as cheap turrets.

DeathShad0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 01, 2014, 10:02:06 pm »

I've been mostly cowering behind drawbridges and trying to find ways to feed my guys without going outside much. Since skeletons don't need to eat or drink though, I've been thinking about building a big tower with archer skeletons walled in on every floor, basically working as cheap turrets.
Yeah, I've been having some trouble as well. These guys are either hard to play as, or it's just my general inexperience with Dwarf Fortress shining through.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 02, 2014, 07:44:14 am »

The 0.4h release seems to be missing the Warlock manual Meth. That or I got a bad download.

Edit: Nope, just had a bad download!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 07:56:49 am by Geneoce »
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 02, 2014, 07:56:21 am »

Bloody hell, I need to find a map with little to no soil for my lairs - I like to build crypts and it doesn't work if my skelies and ghoulies have to run up and down twenty flights of stairs.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 02, 2014, 09:04:07 am »

Well my skeleton turn Oppose to life out side my wall. Then the invader come, they just run pass him and do nothing, even when I close the gate they just stand there 5-6 tile away from my skel doing nothing.
Seem like my DF have some problem with zombie.
I did't change any setting except turn FortressDefendRace on.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1048 on: February 02, 2014, 10:16:52 am »

Thats perfectly fine. Use Warlocks or Pylons to get skeletons back under control. And the zombies do what they want, they might attack or not. Thats normal.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 02, 2014, 11:40:51 am »

Hey! Just a few quick questions I couldnt find in the Manual ( I might just be too stupid to find it, forgive me if thats the case).

- Is there any way to get more Warlocks/Witches? My first two embarks only had one, and the Manual says while they're immortal if done right, they cant reproduce. Im a bit worried if i'll be able to manage with just one Lock, considering how many nobles one can appoint and the amount of things Warlocks can do.

- I wanted to try out the Rendermax-Ligthing, since it looks pretty cool. I couldnt find a manual on how to activate it and what exactly it changes. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help and also great work on the Mod and races! I almost couldnt conain my excitement when seeing Warlocks as a playable race. :D

EDIT: Also, how do Warlock-Twoers and Crypts look on the Map? I was able to find a Gravestone-symbol, but the site was empty.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:44:36 am by Stuebi »
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 110