Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174586 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 22 - Beta V0.5 - Herbalist and legendary Bonecarvers
« Reply #885 on: January 23, 2014, 09:17:06 am »

I am really bad at adding these weak points. I tried with the pylons/monolith and added a core that has THOUGHT, but it doesnt seem to work. Creatures attack and break their cores, its completely red, but they still live.

If you know how to add that, I would really appreciate the help.

And my wealth is so high now, that its negative. "-a lot."

Fortress is doing well otherwise. I forgot to mod in scalps for sentient invaders, so I cant write any books. -.- but only 3 ghouls died, the rest is fine. And I build easily 20 new skeletons already. And I have my first prisoner from raiding: A goblin. and a caged invader from an ambush, also goblin. ^^ they probably didnt like how I slaughtered their caravan.

And skeleton nurses are extremely effective. Slow, but they never get distracted by eat/sleep/drink. A skeleton broker is probably equally awesome.

And the tower is so high, that I had to activate infiniteSky, and the upside-down underground pyramid breached the caverns.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:21:30 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 23, 2014, 09:27:19 am »

I just think that Skeletons are vastly overpowered, because they dont have this undead hitpoint system, but instead act like Golems. Alive, with nopain and noblood. -.-

Would it be somehow possible to let them lose limbs much easier than other creatures? (maybe especially from blunt attacks)
That would balance them a bit and simulate their brittle kind.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 23, 2014, 09:30:31 am »

I am really bad at adding these weak points. I tried with the pylons/monolith and added a core that has THOUGHT, but it doesnt seem to work. Creatures attack and break their cores, its completely red, but they still live.

Does the tissue that the core is made of have the [FUNCTIONAL] tag?

I had a similar problem with the animated weapons, and adding [FUNCTIONAL] to the gem allowed them to die properly.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 23, 2014, 09:45:00 am »

Well ,my monolith died almost instanly when any invader reach them.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 23, 2014, 10:10:29 am »

And my wealth is so high now, that its negative. "-a lot."

Oh you had an integer overflow, I wonder what happens then. Invaders come alone and naked ?

Soul wisps and pain elementals are made of a jelly that instakill them when hit. I think it's a STRUCTURAL or FUNCTIONAL tag in the tissue that, combined with THOUGHT, have this effect. Any wound, even a bruise will do kill the creature, so a shell will help define its weakness.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #890 on: January 23, 2014, 10:10:51 am »

Your monolith is 15000 size, not 60000 size, made of iron/steel grade metal and wields weapon, armor and shield. And doesnt fight back.

EDIT:
Oh you had an integer overflow, I wonder what happens then. Invaders come alone and naked ?
What? No, once you reach 120k they just come. Its just flipping a switch, even if the wealth goes below that number, or negative like in this case... once the amount is reached, sieges can come.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #891 on: January 23, 2014, 10:13:21 am »

I use this body for monoliths:
Code: [Select]
[BODY:MONOLITH]
[BP:UB:core:cores][UPPERBODY][THOUGHT][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:10]
[BP:LB:body:bodies][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]

and this is for the skeletons:
Code: [Select]
[BODY:HUMANOID_SKELETON]
[BP:UB:upper spine:upper spines][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER][SKELETON]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[BP:LB:lower spine:lower spines][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER][SKELETON]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[BP:HD:skull:STP][CON:UB][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]
[TOTEMABLE]
[BP:RUA:right upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
[BP:LUA:left upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:RLA:right lower arm:STP][CON:RUA][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:LLA:left lower arm:STP][CON:LUA][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:RH:right hand:STP][CON:RLA][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]
[BP:LH:left hand:STP][CON:LLA][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]
[BP:RUL:right upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:LUL:left upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:RLL:right lower leg:STP][CON:RUL][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:LLL:left lower leg:STP][CON:LUL][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:RF:right foot:right feet][CON:RLL][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:LF:left foot:left feet][CON:LLL][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:L_TRUE_RIB:left true rib:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:RIB_TRUE][NUMBER:7][SMALL]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:30]
[BP:R_TRUE_RIB:right true rib:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:RIB_TRUE][NUMBER:7][SMALL]
[BP:L_FALSE_RIB:left false rib:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:RIB_FALSE][NUMBER:3][SMALL]
[BP:R_FALSE_RIB:right false rib:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:RIB_FALSE][NUMBER:3][SMALL]
[BP:L_FLOATING_RIB:left floating rib:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:RIB_FLOATING][NUMBER:2][SMALL]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20]
[BP:R_FLOATING_RIB:right floating rib:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:RIB_FLOATING][NUMBER:2][SMALL]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20]

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 23, 2014, 01:55:00 pm »

The crypt lord doesn't seem to be working. I have a bunch of skeletons, both migrants and constructs. I couldn't use any of them.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #893 on: January 23, 2014, 02:31:09 pm »

The crypt lord doesn't seem to be working. I have a bunch of skeletons, both migrants and constructs. I couldn't use any of them.
I have been using one all day  ??? The constructed ones dont work, but the embark/migrant skeletons should be fine.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 23, 2014, 02:51:53 pm »

I have been using one all day  ??? The constructed ones dont work, but the embark/migrant skeletons should be fine.
I was under the impression such civ members (that is those made artificially) need to be lead by "natural" fort members (embark/migrants,) regardless since that's how it works with civ members made by broodmothers. So migrant or embark bone bags should be fine to lead but built ones won't ever be permitted to.

Also upgraded skeletons aren't permitted to be crypt lords either, at least not initially, as I've occasionally started with ironbone skeletons and no others and it wouldn't allow them to lead their lesser boney bretheren. Were you trying to use upgraded ones?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 23, 2014, 02:51:53 pm »

Speaking of constructed skeletons, I was actually able to put ONE into my overlord's squad. I have no idea how.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #896 on: January 23, 2014, 02:59:07 pm »

Dev Log - Day 23

Download: Beta V.06 - http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8355

I added curious molten slag items to the slagpit. Just for some flavour, you can make these weird furnitures now. Statue, door, table, chair. A black curious molten slag statue of warlocks for example.

I remade the crematory, I didnt like using the dwarven one. The warlock one is a bit smaller, cheaper, makes more ash, and has the wood-to-ash and wood-to-coke reactions that would otherwise be in the smelter. It uses oven operator, to split up the skills a bit.

I deleted the kiln, and added the potash/pearlash to the chemist. (again, not using dwarf stuff)

I deleted the pottery. With the Ethereal portal you have free furniture anyway, its redundant. I deleted all the reactions in the clay oven for this as well.

Ethereal blocks no longer vaporize. I guess people use these blocks in buildings, and would be surprised if they suddenly deconstruct.

I added armorstands, weaponracks, chests and statues to the Ethereal Gate. I noticed that these are often used furniture items that people probably want color coded as well.

You can devour souls now. Gives 250+ attribue boost or 10% speed boost, permanent. Done in the Soul Syphon.

I moved the Control Pylon Making from the soul syphon to the Necromantic Shrine, because all other creatures are made there as well.

I added two new buildings: the red and blue portal, as mentioned yesterday. Thanks Roses. :)

I added two unique features to the werebeast lair: You can turn a warlock into a monster of your choice for 1 month, or a strong monster of your choice forever. It having a dragon or hydra really better than a mage?

Mephits are now less, 1-4 per warlock.

Pain Elementals cost more, 1 large gem instead of 1 small gem. (remember, you can always make large gems from 5 small gems at the gem workshop)

The inscriptor can now unlock constructed skeletons for your squads. It has a free reaction that makes masterworks (which disappear instantly). Once they do this, they can join your squads.

I deleted the spider pit. There will be none. I didnt like the idea of spawned web-spinners, because people have been talking about them being overpowered lately. They negate trap-avoids and make unlimited silk. And spiders are more drow-territory anyway.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:20:07 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 23 - Beta V0.5 - Herbalist and legendary Bonecarvers
« Reply #897 on: January 23, 2014, 03:05:26 pm »

This is how my testfort looked: A 18 zlevel high tower with rooms for the Warlocks, and everything else spreading around it, out in the open. Underground its a 15 zlevel upside-down pyramid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 23 - Beta V0.5 - Devour souls and TELEPORTATION :)
« Reply #898 on: January 23, 2014, 03:46:29 pm »

Erm??? Transformation into a flying creature? Not only are flying creatures in a terrible state in the game anyway(due to their pathing), but also making the transformation temporary may end in.... !!FUN!! (have fun dropping your valuable warlock into the next river, volcano, 20z-pit or on top of your tower with no way down
I would recommend removing at least the bats from the list ^^

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 23 - Beta V0.5 - Devour souls and TELEPORTATION :)
« Reply #899 on: January 23, 2014, 06:51:58 pm »

Your tower is very thin I see. And I love how you have ALL the trees set to be cut down!
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 110