Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174740 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 14 - Beta V0.3 - The Orrery
« Reply #540 on: January 15, 2014, 02:47:28 pm »

I guess warlocks don't have a civilization in your world? Or the other civilizations in your world don't exist maybe?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 15, 2014, 02:49:45 pm »

The warlocks I'm playing with have a civilization with a leader, and there are other civilizations too.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #542 on: January 15, 2014, 02:52:46 pm »

vampires are already a lot better in melee and dont need to eat.

You called civs that dont exist in your world. It works, its the same materials that the dwarven embassy uses. Its simply that your world doesnt have orcs, or goblins, or whatever you tried to force.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 15, 2014, 02:56:37 pm »

I tried to call migrants.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #544 on: January 15, 2014, 03:07:23 pm »

Dev Log - Day 15

I added reagents to all spells-learning. All ~60 or so. ^^ Took a while. I also added these reagents to the manual.

Skeleton Cryptlords can now be ironbone/bloodsteel/dreadnought skeletons as well.

Skeletons are now opposed-to-life by default. Warlocks remove this, but only when the skeletons are in line of sight. If the skeletons leave the area they will obey orders for 1-2 ingame weeks, before stopping what they are doing, dropping their gear and slowing down. If a warlock comes into line of sight again, they take up their gear and jobs again.

This means you should keep warlock overseers around. Upgrades for longer periods, or immobile pylons  (pets) that control undeads are a possibility. I added this feature, because skeletons with their noeat/nodrink/nosleep/noemotion mean you cant lose if you wall one in.

I added a new workshop as well, the Transmutation Chamber. A very simple one, you take 1 metal dust (any type), 1 fuel, 1 flux and make a new bar of any metal. To build it you need a philosophers stone, which can be made in the alchmist chambers. You need one dust of any metal for it, so start collecting. ;)

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 15, 2014, 03:10:19 pm »

Skeletons are now opposed-to-life by default.
Won't this mean that a player could theoreticaly lose on embark due to not having a warlock in the starting 7?

Are ghouls opposed to life as well?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #546 on: January 15, 2014, 03:12:33 pm »

I tried to call migrants.
Ah, ok. I somehow remembered that it was just "force migrants", but its "force migrants civ-id". I fixed it. :) Thanks for the report.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #547 on: January 15, 2014, 03:13:59 pm »

Won't this mean that a player could theoreticaly lose on embark due to not having a warlock in the starting 7?

Yes, theoretically you can lose on embark, if you have 7 skeletons. But ghouls are not undead, and warlocks, witches and vampires can control the skeletons. It should be quite rare to have 7 skeletons. I have not seen it while testing.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 15 - Beta V0.3 - Warlock Overseers
« Reply #548 on: January 15, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »

Yes, theoretically you can lose on embark, if you have 7 skeletons. But ghouls are not undead, and warlocks, witches and vampires can control the skeletons. It should be quite rare to have 7 skeletons. I have not seen it while testing.
Witches?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 15, 2014, 03:35:12 pm »

Witches?
Female warlocks.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 15, 2014, 03:35:55 pm »

Witches?
Female warlocks.
Ah.

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 15, 2014, 03:48:48 pm »

Skeletons are now opposed-to-life by default. Warlocks remove this, but only when the skeletons are in line of sight. If the skeletons leave the area they will obey orders for 1-2 ingame weeks, before stopping what they are doing, dropping their gear and slowing down. If a warlock comes into line of sight again, they take up their gear and jobs again.

would it be possible to make that an optional choice? or a little bit longer ingame durration?
i concur that there should be measures to prevent walling in and "i-win" but for roleplayings sake i would not like the warlocks be to 'touchy' with the commoners (i even thought of totally seperating them with burrows)

is there anything that happens aswell after they slow down and drop their gear or are they litteraly becoming potatoes without oversight?
mhm... :/ not good for longer fights outside^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #552 on: January 15, 2014, 03:53:09 pm »

No worries, they still fight. They turn opposed to life, like a normal undead. Most of them will even walk towards the former meeting zone.

Like I said: Upgrades for longer durations of control, or pets that can be set up (the monoliths for example) that help controlling the skeletons, are both possible.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 15, 2014, 03:59:32 pm »

While we're talking about monoliths, are the "necromancer" monoliths based off the markers from Dead Space? Also, cerberuses.. cerberi seem to be rather fragile. I got one from the demonic attorney. It was then attacked by a zombie that gouged one of its eyes and.. it was struck down, just from that little eye-gouge.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #554 on: January 15, 2014, 04:43:20 pm »

If I am not mistaken, a cerberus is simply a dog with 3 heads that can breathe fire. They are like vanilla dogs.

Monoliths are not based on anything. Maybe 2001 Space Odyssey Saga, but they wont create a supernova.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 110